Lantern Drawings and Custom Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lantern Drawings and Custom Covers

hey ppls. this is my first non-intro post, and i decided to post my favorite drawings.
    i did some blackest night covers but added my own lanterns, plz tell me what u think
    this first one is my very own blue lantern, wraith, hence my username
    [IMG] http://tinypic.com/r/14vheo2/6 [/IMG]
    this one is my custom red lantern, who needs a name xD
    ideas would be nice, for anyone who wants to put their two cents in
    [IMG] http://tinypic.com/r/rhietd/6 [/IMG]
    here are the orignal drawings to, for anyone who wants to see:
    [IMG] http://tinypic.com/r/2w1zka0/6 [/IMG]
    [IMG] http://tinypic.com/r/zj9vna/6 [/IMG]

These are really great! But you shouldn't make them into covers all the time.

Comment

Very well-done! I like the designs of both characters, but the Blue Lantern really stands out. He's very cool-looking, and his pose is very dynamic, with some nice colors. Does he have a backstory, by chance?

I'm not sure about a name for the Red. I'm more a fan of alien-sounding unique names than I am of names that are just normal Terran words or corruptions thereof (Atrocitus, Sinestro, Amanita, Brik, etc.). So I usually just mess around with a fantasy name generator until I see one that looks and sounds right to me.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Your artwork is outstanding! I have to agree on the Blue Lantern. He really does stand out. Seems like someone you'd actually find in the pages of a GL book! As someone who's a big fan of mock covers, I have to give you the biggest praise! The coloring and lettering are simply flawless. Overall totally incredible work. I'd love to see more!

Comment

wow, good stuff.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Very Very very nice! Would love to the pencils!

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Blue Lantern definitely stands out! Love it! If you have any backstory for him, Im sure I along with many others would love to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
                  These are really great! But you shouldn't make them into covers all the time.
                  lol, these are the only two i have done that with xD
                  i will post others soon
                  thx for the nie comment!

Originally posted by Duskdog View Post
                  Very well-done! I like the designs of both characters, but the Blue Lantern really stands out. He's very cool-looking, and his pose is very dynamic, with some nice colors. Does he have a backstory, by chance?

I'm not sure about a name for the Red. I'm more a fan of alien-sounding unique names than I am of names that are just normal Terran words or corruptions thereof (Atrocitus, Sinestro, Amanita, Brik, etc.). So I usually just mess around with a fantasy name generator until I see one that looks and sounds right to me.
                  thx, i like the blue lantern the most to, but sadly i havent created a backstory. when i get better at drawing actual comic pages, i will probably draw it, but until then, ill just brainstorm lol

Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                  Nice work.
                  Originally posted by Jade View Post
                  Your artwork is outstanding! I have to agree on the Blue Lantern. He really does stand out. Seems like someone you'd actually find in the pages of a GL book! As someone who's a big fan of mock covers, I have to give you the biggest praise! The coloring and lettering are simply flawless. Overall totally incredible work. I'd love to see more!
                  wow, thx!!
                  i hope to get into comic book illustration when i grow up, so hearing "Seems like someone you'd actually find in the pages of a GL book!" at 14, really means something to me!
                  thx a bunch!

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                  wow, good stuff.
                  thank you! ^_^

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                  Very Very very nice! Would love to the pencils!
                  well, i have the ink outlines, but its kinda boring, just this without color xD
                  thank you for the comment!!

Comment

very nice!
                    1 Riot, 1 Ringslinger

Comment

Really good job.
                      I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

You're very welcome. You are extremely talented and only 14.. wow. -laughs- I believe you can certainly become a comic book artist. Especially with the gift you have. All the best to you in accomplishing that dream!

Comment

thx!

Comment

What program are you using to color and text?

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                              What program are you using to color and text?
                              photoshop elements 6.0

Comment

Working...
                              X