• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma (2019)

Comment

• Revenge (2017)

"Women always have to put up a f***ing fight."

[Rifftrax:] Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

"This kid goes from zero to Jerry Lewis in 2.8 seconds!"

L.E.T.A.L. Ladies: Return to Savage Beach (1998)

"I was born for water sports."

Alright. This finishes my Andy Sidaris DVD set and was his last film. Indeed, since he mostly did TV work before this, I have only missed like 3 movies he ever directed. I had fun, but there's so much repetition (like RC vehicles used to explode crap).
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 11-12-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Child's Play (2019)

Comment

• Willie Dynamite (1974)

"We gotta collectivize."

Deadbeat at Dawn (1988)

"You're on our turf, scum f**k."

The Shining (1980)

"You've always been the caretaker. I should know; I've always been here."
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• The Incredibles 2 (2018)

"I eat thunder and crap lightning!"

I liked this more than the original. I don't know what it was that clicked with me, because the villain was somewhat similar (devil you know and all that) and I didn't care for the romance subplot. I did really like Elastigirl's new costume (or pre-Incredible one, I don't remember if it was her old design reused or a new take on it).

I did like that it ended on a high note, with heroes being unbanned. Should make the inevitable third one a big showcase of various heroes.

That was last week, while tonight's special was...

Blades of Glory (2007)

"If we went to a Halloween party dressed as Batman and Robin, I'd go as Robin. That's how much you mean to me..."

My one boss really loves this film, and I can see why. Ferrell plays such a lovable jerk that it's hard not to love him, and Arnett was great as the snobby elitist brother. And goddamn I loved seeing Craig T. Nelson again, really brings back the Coach sitcom memories.

And damn, the skating routines were a treat to see, especially when they started the big finish set to the fucking Flash Gordon theme song. Glad I saw this. Even Dad got a few laughs, especially when he saw Ferrell grab Heder's crotch while lifting him overhead.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Ah, again, you guys are making me bunch up my movies (this is days worth):

[Rifftrax:] Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

"How does a robot get fat?"

Wolves (2014)

"Wolves don't terrorize towns."

My full moon movie this month. Better than I was expecting since I didn't remember seeing anything about it.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

"Damn, that ninja's fast."

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)

"Anyone ever tell you, you fight ugly?
              -Not from their backs, they don't."
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-14-2019, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Doctor Sleep Review.

https://herecast.us/985073

Comment

• Toy Story 2 (1999)

"I'm packing you an extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes, just in case."

Can you believe even the sequel is 20 years old now?! I remember seeing this in theater (while in college).

Doctor Sleep (2019)

"The world's a hungry place. A dark place."

The Jack Bull (1999)

"Trouble is, there's not enough of us important people to go around - we're spread thin, so sometimes, important things get ignored or don't get said. Like take care of the little feller."

A friend recommended this twenty-year-old HBO movie written by Cusack's father and directed by John Badham. Good cast and story.

Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child (2010)

"When I die, just keep on playing the records."

This was interesting because it was entirely from Hendrix's letters or other writings (plus a couple clips of vintage interviews) narrated by an actor with footage. So, you just get his interpretation of his life and career.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  The only thing I would question is whether it's more of an adaptation of the book than a sequel to the movie. I haven't read Doctor Sleep yet, but I went with my mother---who has---and read an article about the differences and there are a lot. The fact that they start with the hotel still around and Dick dead makes it clear it serves as a sequel to Kubrick. I really can't think of any story element that couldn't serve as a direct sequel to the movie and they changed multiple plot points to rework the ending in those terms including different people dying. They even reuse and allude to the music frequently. And they go with the 237 numbering instead of 217, which seems to be the first thing King fans point to.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 11-14-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Comment

• Black Dynamite (2009)

"Because donuts don't wear alligator shoes."

Planet 51

"You're a great planet, and your 50's are fine, but give me a call when get to the 60's, 'cause that's gonna be fun."

Turned 10 last night and while it's neither a movie nor an anniversary that I'd particularly note, it was a good excuse to re-watch it.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 11-24-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• American Sniper (2014)

Comment

• Disco Godfather (1979)

“Move and I'll blow your Afro off!”

Santo and the Vengeance of the Mummy (1971)

“Fear is a b**ch, Santo.”
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 11-24-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes: The Scarlet Claw (1944)

"I've fallen in another hole!"

Holmes (Basil Rathbone) and Watson (Nigel Bruce) are visiting Quebec, Canada, when news of a murder reaches them. They receive a letter from the deceased that she believed her life in danger and investigate, learning that a phantom is murdering people in a small village.

I discovered this on YouTube and was trying to watch it on my own, but since Netflix decided to be slow as fuck again, I took the opportunity to watch this with my dad, who admits he either has never seen it or it's been several decades.

I love the atmosphere in the film, this eerie little town that the studio creates just looks ominous and ripe for unearthly goings-on. The characters are a real treat, with Rathbone playing a razor-witted Holmes, Bruce playing the oafish-but-affable Watson, and the Postman (Gerald Hamer) being much like an early version of Marvel's Willie Lumkin from the Fantastic Four.

The plot and pacing of the film are solid, and the film is only a little over an hour long (free on YouTube, a quick and fun way to kill time). I'm going to have to check out the Voice of Fear film that was suggested sometime in the near future.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Captain Marvel (2019)

"Why would I turn into a filing cabinet?"

Blade Runner (1982/1992)

"There's only two of us now.
                              -Then we're stupid and we'll die."

Watched it because we're at the month (and I was planning to do so before seeing the Rental Reviews episode). I haven't seen the sequel yet, but I did hear that it identifies the Rachel interview as Nov. 20. That day won't be convenient to watch with the family, so we did tonight. Heck, maybe it's the date of Leon's escape.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-24-2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• My Parasite review.

https://herecast.us/985195

Comment

Working...
                                X