• Show
Clear All

• Green Lanterns cancelled with issue #57

GREEN LANTERNS #56
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by MIKE PERKINS
    enhanced foil cover art by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by CHRIS STEVENS

With the Green Lantern Corps at its weakest, Cyborg Superman and the Ravagers dish out damage across the cosmos! Now John Stewart, the Corps’ last hope, can barely crawl out of his hospital bed!

ON SALE 10.03.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    #57 Final issue

This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    GREEN LANTERNS #57
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by MIKE PERKINS
    cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by CHRIS STEVENS

And after that, it’s Hal Jordan versus the Cyborg Superman for all the marbles in the heart of Coast City! You might recall that the last time Cyborg Superman visited that town, things did not turn out well…

ON SALE 10.17.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    #57 Final issue

This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Well... there is definitely a certain interest in seeing Jurgens penning a Hal vs. Cyborg Superman story.

Did they ever fix Cyborg Superman after the New52?

Comment

They have both the Henshaw version and the Jor-El version running around now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        They have both the Henshaw version and the Jor-El version running around now.
        What a mess...

Comment

Wait, where are you seeing that it's been canceled?

Comment

Well you're right because people at CBR are talking about its being canceled. I thought they'd drag it out until they couldn't sell one more copy of it.

That's two big surprises for me, the first one being that Grant Morrison chose to write a solo maxi-series starring Hal.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              Wait, where are you seeing that it's been canceled?
              Solicit says final issue.

Comment

Waitaminute.... I thought DC would NEVER cancel GLs because reasons?!

Like I said before.... EVERYBODY should've seen this coming. Hopefully we get news soon about the fate of the rest of the GLC. I would love it if Morrison pulled a Bendis and wrote both the GL and GLC titles.

Comment

Most of us DID see it coming.

I am happy as hell about this! Its been since volume 3 that I have craved wiping out the GL titles and starting fresh this much. Good riddance to these titles!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    Most of us DID see it coming.

I am happy as hell about this! Its been since volume 3 that I have craved wiping out the GL titles and starting fresh this much. Good riddance to these titles!
                    This is a departure for DC. As far as I know, it's the first time they've ever canceled a "diversity title" when it was selling well enough to continue.

Comment

I dont think the diversity title meant enough to them. When its time for a relaunch, its time for a relaunch. Its more beneficial to DC to clear the board to make it as attractive to new and lost readers as possible.

Comment

So do we call the new Green Lantern title volume 6 or volume 7?

Comment

Thus ends Rebirth 2.0

Comment

Sigh I’m going to miss JC

Not gonna enjoy there being only one Lantern book with HAL as the star :/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              So do we call the new Green Lantern title volume 6 or volume 7?
                              I would say 6. "Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps" is, apart from being a horrible, horribly insulting title, about as odd duck of a title as say, "Emerald Knights." It's its own thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X