Shyamalan Talks Last AIRBENDER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
    M Night is already setting up a new psycho thriller with Bruce Willis involved... so this most definately WON'T be the end of him.
    I just hope having Bruce back, he'll be able to regain that brilliance that began to dwindle when they stopped working together.

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were brilliant.
    Signs and The Village were okay, but not great.
    Lady in the Water and The Happening were stupid.
    And The Last Airbender doesn't really count.
    Airbender does count, that's three shitty movies in a row.

Comment

• It doesn't count becasue it was an adaptation and not an original creation... plus its "shittiness" is more akin to Signs and The Village than the last two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
        It doesn't count becasue it was an adaptation and not an original creation... plus its "shittiness" is more akin to Signs and The Village than the last two.
        Just because it was not his "creation" does not excuse him for the shittiness of Last Airbender, it's not even the hardcore fans alone who are saying it's terrible the average joe is saying it's terrible. Signs was his last good well done movie

Comment

• Even Signs was hokey, really... swing away Jack! Swing away! LAAAME! Unbreakable was his last REAL good movie... and really, it was head and shoulder's above Sixth Sense, which, itself, hasn't held well over the years. You really want to split hairs, Unbreakable is his ONLY good movie, as its the only one that has really stood the test of time, meaning you can go back and watch it with the same thrill as it held when it came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
            Just because it was not his "creation" does not excuse him for the shittiness of Last Airbender, it's not even the hardcore fans alone who are saying it's terrible the average joe is saying it's terrible. Signs was his last good well done movie
            Agreed. Signs was very well done in my opinion. I think there were some plot holes there, but overall it was great. I just think that the aliens were a bit dumb for coming to try and take over a planet thats 70% water

Comment

• Last Airbender is the worst Animated to live action adaptation I have ever seen... it's worse Than Masters Of The Universe....

And that's saying something...

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Comment

• MotU has the cult sci-fi cheese factor, though... and that makes it a must own classic.

Comment

• A cult factor that Airbender will probably never get.

Comment

• Probably not.

Comment

• Which is actually rather unfortunate... I kinda hope they get a different director (like, an "actor's director") then make the other two planned films.

Comment

• http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/ratings

Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            A cult factor that Airbender will probably never get.
                            But it was still a incredibly bad adaptation. When making a live action movie based on a popular animated show they need to figure out what elements it has that make it popular and keep those. Neither MOTU or Last Airbender have done that.

The comedy factor from Avatar wasn't there, the sarcastic lines from Soka wasn't there. Complete innocence of Aang wasn't there. M. Night made a movie that was dark gritty and totally with out personality from a show that was inspiring, hope filled, and fun. I am fairly sure the other 2 Avatar movies are dead because of the Crap that is showing in theaters now. And it wouldn't be the first time a planned trilogy was killed because the first movie was a flop.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Yeah, but Masters of the Universe at least had awesome production design. Airbender looks kinda average.

Comment

• Average for today... Aweinspiring and mind-boggling for the 80's. The two movies side by side, Airbender would be considered greater, hands down. Thing you gotta remember about 80's movies is that they all have that nostalgia feel to them.

I mean, when you're watching Highlander on BD and you can see the strings holding Connor up during the final quickening... THATS COOL!

But if you were to see a modern movie on BD and see the strings holding someone up... you'd scoff at the horrible production value.

Comment

Working...
                                X