Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

15 Minutes with The Kid Lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
    If you could change Green Lantern any way you wanted how and what would you do?
    I'd trim the fat from the franchise and get back to basics. Basically... do what hasn't been done since the New52 relaunch.

* Hal would go back to being a pilot and work for Ferris Aircraft now owned by Carol in the main GL title. Stories would rotate between Earth adventures and protecting the rest of 2814. This would differ from his most recent two series' in that he wouldn't be going against Guardian orders every other few issues, that sounds more like something Guy would do.

* Rayner would also get stationed back in 2814 as a GL, he'd be Hal's sector partner and I'd officially bring that whole thing back [sector partners] having his series much like Hal's only based on the other side of the 'States in NYC. I'd bring back classic Kyle rogues like Ohm, Grayven, Effigy, Nero, Purgatory, the Starheart, Oblivion, etc...

* John and Guy would co-star in the GLC title. John would become the chief architect of New Oa once the GL's begin moving off of Mogo and Guy would go back to being a drill instructor along with Kilowog and Stel. I'd rotate the rest of the cast and use Salaak once in awhile and introduce new GL's in hopes some of them would become popular enough to become more regulars in the GLC title. I'd honestly incorporate a few of the alien races from the Legion cannon material into the GLC.

Three core GL titles with Sinestro running as long as it can. I'd work away from the rest of the emotional spectrum within the three core titles. The Blues would be wiped out and Bro'Dee Walker would become a religious adviser in the GLC and have the last blue ring hidden in case of emergencies to help heal dying GL's. I'd take Larfleeze back to his baddass roots in about two years and do away with that jokey shit he turned into. Atrocitus would be stripped of his ring/Corps and create an alien terrorist/cult similar to the Five Inversions.

~KL~

Comment

You know I have to say that all sound completely awesome. I would read the heck out of that.
      Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

^^^Thanks!

~KL~

Comment

What is your favourite Kyle Rayner era villain?

Any nice new micros coming up?

What about new paper work?

Would you ever stop reading New Guardians?

Why haven't you checked out my micro galleries lately? (JK)
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            What is your favourite Kyle Rayner era villain?

Any nice new micros coming up?

What about new paper work?

Would you ever stop reading New Guardians?

Why haven't you checked out my micro galleries lately? (JK)
            Favorite villain hands down was Effigy.

I've got quite a few I just haven't had time to post them all.

Haven't sketched any the last few days but I'll see what I can do...

I already did around issue #6. When I can buy a Kyle comic that I enjoy, I'll start buying comics on the regular again.

I have. And while I wouldn't say the last Batman micro is your best work, I can see why you are proud of it. A lot of small details in that one. My favorites are still the Crow and the God of War.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
              I have. And while I wouldn't say the last Batman micro is your best work, I can see why you are proud of it. A lot of small details in that one. My favorites are still the Crow and the God of War.
              Thanks! Yeah the Crow and God of War micros are great! Lately I have chosen small details and stuff to add to the micros.

1) Opinions on Doctor Who?
              2) Favourite Sci-Fi?
              3) If you were making a Green Lantern movie, what would you do?
              4) Favourite film?
              5) Least favourite film?
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah the Crow and God of War micros are great! Lately I have chosen small details and stuff to add to the micros.

1) Opinions on Doctor Who?
                2) Favourite Sci-Fi?
                3) If you were making a Green Lantern movie, what would you do?
                4) Favourite film?
                5) Least favourite film?
                1.) The wife actually asked me a couple months back which series I wanted to watch from the very beginning, and gave the options of Dr. Who and Star Trek. We're currently on season three of TNG so I figure after DS9 I'll get her to switch over to Dr. Who. I have no real interest in watching Voyager or Enterprise....

2.) As a kid I was all about Dune and some Star Wars. Now it's generally just anything.

3.) I'd use only one villain, use less cgi, and at the end introduce everyone to John Stewart as Hal's sector partner post-credits. I'd play it off similar to First Flight and have Hal screwing around on Earth for a bit before an alien GL like Tomar Re comes to take him to Oa. Introduce Legion as the threat, have Hal and Sinestro bump into each other and have words [this would lead to Sinestro training him a bit in a sequel and becoming that films villain], and by the end of it have Hal in the cockpit of a plane flying off into the sunset rather than him in costume and flying. The movie should be about the man wearing the ring, not the ring itself.

4.) If by favorite film you mean one I could watch over and over again and not get bored? Probably one of my top five listed above. Most likely Breakfast Club.

5.) The new Willy Wonka remake with Johnny Depp was just stupid and they changed waaaaaay too damn much. Tim Burton is the LAST person who should've done that film.

~KL~

Comment

Yeah, Enterprise and Voyager are terrible, don't bother. The only decent Voyager episode I've seen (which isn't many) is the first one which has Q in it.

1) What type of music do you like?
                  2) Favourite band or solo artist?
                  3) Any questions you've not been asked you want to be asked?

Comment

1.) I listen to a little bit of everything. When I need to get chores done or I'm writing, its generally metal of some kind or something like Glitch Mob. When I'm in my truck I like to bump some rap or R&B just cause the stock sound system isn't bad at all. Sometimes I even go for some classical like Beethoven or Bach, or just go nuts and listen to instrumentals by Apocalyptica. I listen to a lot of the Beetles and Jimmy Hendrix, and a lot of blues but never really got into jazz, and the one thing I try and stay away from is new country music. Some of the older stuff is good but all that sad bastard stuff is for the birds.

2.) That's a tough one cause I'm constantly listening to new stuff. I really like Passenger on the radio, and as far as rock/metal I'm really digging Avatar. King Diamond is always a good one as well as old Alice Cooper.

3.) Anybody could ask me about my favorite Marvel or DC heroes and villains, GL's, video games, etc. But I'm not gonna just say what questions to ask me... cause what'd be the point in that?

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                      ...3.) Anybody could ask me about my favorite Marvel or DC heroes and villains, GL's, video games, etc. But I'm not gonna just say what questions to ask me... cause what'd be the point in that?

~KL~
                      Okay, some gaming questions, then:

What's your favorite video game of all time?
                      What do you play most now?
                      What kind of game are you best at?
                      What's the first video game you remember playing?
                      Are than any old games you'd like to see updated?
                      Are there any video games that you'd like to see made into a movie which haven't been?

Comment

Okay then, here we go!

1) Favourite Marvel cosmic character?
                        2) Favourite DC non super-powered character?
                        3) If you could bankroll any DC film, what would it be?
                        4) If you could bankroll any Marvel film, what would it be?
                        5) If you could bankroll any indie comics film, what would it be?
                        6) Ideal Batman film?
                        7) DC have made you their CEO, what's the first thing you do?
                        8) Marvel have made you their CEO, what's the first thing you do?
                        9) What's the most humiliating and embarrassing thing you'd do for $500?
                        10) What's the most humiliating and embarrassing thing you'd do for $10,000?

Comment

Okay then, here we go!

1) Favourite Marvel cosmic character?
                          2) Favourite DC non super-powered character?
                          3) If you could bankroll any DC film, what would it be?
                          4) If you could bankroll any Marvel film, what would it be?
                          5) If you could bankroll any indie comics film, what would it be?
                          6) Ideal Batman film?
                          7) DC have made you their CEO, what's the first thing you do?
                          8) Marvel have made you their CEO, what's the first thing you do?
                          9) What's the most humiliating and embarrassing thing you'd do for $500?
                          10) What's the most humiliating and embarrassing thing you'd do for $10,000?
                          1.) It'd be a tossup really since so many characters count as cosmic since War of Kings. I like Darkhawk, Black Bolt if he counts, Cometman, the original Capt. Mar-Vell as well as his son Genis, Starhawk, Jack of Hearts, and classic Nova from the 80's and early 90's.

2.) Chief Man of Bats

3.) Metamorpho or Dr. Fate

4.) Nova

5.) Jack Kirby's Silver Star count? I'd do something mainly featuring him and setting up other Kirbyverse films with characters featured in Kirby Genesis by Dynamite. The first thing I would do is get the costume designers from Thor on board and shoot for somebody like Gunn as director or let Kevin Smith take a crack at adapting some classic stuff.

6.) I'd roll with Afleck as Bats with an older demeanor. Make the villains be Harley and Ivy having just busted out of Arkham after an incident with Mr. Freeze. The only time I'd even mention the Joker he'd be called 'Mr. J'.

7.) Do a mini event, like a four issue thing with a Zero issue later on, that lead to monthly comics for a few characters/concepts that haven't really been touched in the New52. I'd also make Kyle Rayner a GL again in this and a new Challengers from Beyond would emerge with heroes from other Earths.

8.) Same thing as above. Characters and concepts I'd want to spin out of an event would include a new Darkhawk, a Human Torch series using either Johnny or the android who's now a member of SHIELD, and modernize [NOW! style] another good vigilante from the golden age like the Destroyer or Laughing Mask. Another X-Man would also get a solo series, probably Multiple Man or bring back Banshee.

9 and 10.) I'll do some pretty crazy shit. I went streaking once for $20 and a bottle of tequila and managed to not get arrested. I left my Adidas on and was running through yards and jumping fences. I don't even wanna imagine how many times I could have hurt myself when I was younger LOL

~KL~

Comment

OMG lol you went streaking! Must've been fun.

1) If you had to erase one main Earth Green lantern from existence (apart from Simon Baz), who would it be?

2) If you were tasked with making a new Daredevil film, what would happen in it?

3) If you were tasked with making a new Spider-Man film, what would happen in it?

4) Are these questions becoming tedious yet? Good!

5) Do you think Dwayne Johnson would be better as Shazam or Black Adam?

Comment

Hey, what about my video game questions.

I have a friend who apparently did that multiple times and also didn't get arrested (but once only because she outran the cops). Sadly, I missed these events (she was hot).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Okay, some gaming questions, then:

What's your favorite video game of all time?
                                What do you play most now?
                                What kind of game are you best at?
                                What's the first video game you remember playing?
                                Are than any old games you'd like to see updated?
                                Are there any video games that you'd like to see made into a movie which haven't been?
                                Metal Gear Solid

Lego Marvel

Anything that doesn't have a lot of details, maps, or menus. Classic Final

Fantasy wasn't bad but the bigger they became the further away I stayed.

First game I remember playing was something on Atari 2600. Either Pacman, Donkey Kong, or this game called Jungle Hunt.

I'd love to see some older concept games get remade like the Rocketeer, this noir detective game for regular Nintendo called Deja Vu, anf maybe a Resident
                                Evil-ish Friday the 13th.

Metal Gear Solid for sure.

1) If you had to erase one main Earth Green lantern from existence (apart from Simon Baz), who would it be?

2) If you were tasked with making a new Daredevil film, what would happen in it?

3) If you were tasked with making a new Spider-Man film, what would happen in it?

4) Are these questions becoming tedious yet? Good!

5) Do you think Dwayne Johnson would be better as Shazam or Black Adam?
                                1.) John, just cause he's my least favorite.

2.) It'd be more like DD Year One, we'd see him train with Stick as well as take on the Hand.

3.) I'd do a trimmed down version of the clone saga. Jackal would be the main villain, his first clone would be scared and called Kaine, and the second would be the Scarlet Spider. Ben would still be alive at the end however the fates of Jackal and Kaine would be up in the air.

4.) Nope.

5.) Black Adam for sure. Who gives a damn if he gets more praise for being a badguy, it wasn't a bad thing for Loki and now he's back to being one of Marvel's top characters.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X