Characters In This Corps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters In This Corps...

Aside from Atrocitus and Bleez, the Reds don't really have much going for them in a series. I know Dexx Star has his fans, but honestly he wouldn't sell a book any better than G'Nort month after month. What I'm wondering is what kind of Lanterns will be introduced in RL's to keep us coming back?

What I think it needs, and I know some people will utterly HATE the idea, is a more human Lantern to better relate to. I understand the GL animated series will feature a more human character in the show, I think his name is Razor [Razer?], and that's a start. Maybe the animated character can be next in line to get remolded from a cartoon into a comic.

For some reason I always felt a rampaging school student/shooter would make for a good RL. That was always the idea I had for my KL character's arch enemy.

IDK if the Reds are supposed to be some sort of lethal protectors now instead of just a pack of wild blood spewing dogs Atrocitus has taken control over. But I think the RL's should be the most psychotic of the Lanterns in the universe and not go in the direction of anti-heroes. They shouldn't be out for justice in any sense of the word, they should be out for blood. For Atrocitus. I don't wanna see the RL's turn into an Emo-Venom-Anti-Hero-Corps....

What sort of characters do YOU think the Reds need to keep a monthly going?

~KL~

I hope that Razor character from the Animated Series joins the cast because we could use some more Red Lanterns.

Also I think Zilious Zox, and Skallox could become main characters for the Red Lanterns.
    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

i know DC would never do this but i'd like it if they made the RLC the "bounty hunters" of the DCnU, they'd go after the ones the GLC and others won't/couldn't

but i do agree, i don't want a book full of mad dogs

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        i don't want a book full of mad dogs
        but.... but.... but.... but....

THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
          but.... but.... but.... but....

THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE!!!
          that was in the DCU, this is the DCnU, things are different there

IonFan says

Comment

that was in the DCU, this is the DCnU, things are different there
            That's as may be....

but I contend that Red Lanterns that retain their personalities are little more than Green Lanterns that puke red blood instead of making green constructs. That would make them derivative and redundant and while I would not be the least bit surprised to see many of the denizens of this board wet themselves with glee at the thought of "MOOOOAR LANTURNZ" it is a prospect that interests me not at all.

Comment

That's as may be....

but I contend that Red Lanterns that retain their personalities are little more than Green Lanterns that puke red blood instead of making green constructs. That would make them derivative and redundant and while I would not be the least bit surprised to see many of the denizens of this board wet themselves with glee at the thought of "MOOOOAR LANTURNZ" it is a prospect that interests me not at all.
              oh i agree BUT not as mad dogs

IonFan says

Comment

oh i agree BUT not as mad dogs
                How bout as slightly annoyed canaries?

Comment

sure why not lol

IonFan says

Comment

I woudn't mind something like the "Tales of" books they did in Blackest Night...going into the origins of the Red Lanterns...possibly link them up to other charcters and evnets in the DCU (not this DcnU billshit) history!

Comment

That's an awesome name for a band.

Comment

The Human RL should be someone from Arkham Asylum

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post

You mean like the Head of Security, who finally snaps after yet another prison-wide inmate escape?
                          sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                            You mean like the Head of Security, who finally snaps after yet another prison-wide inmate escape?
                            That's an awesome idea, guys. Too bad the Reds are tame imitations of what they used to be now.

I really couldn't be more disappointed. They've all but given Atty a drivers' license in the book and we're only at the preview for issue #1.

~KL~

Comment

I trust in Milligan. He created tons of interesting characters for X-Force/X-Statix. He can do the same for the RLC.

Comment

Working...
                              X