No announcement yet.

Any other Star Trek fans on here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan yes, Trekkie no. Liked everything except Enterprise and that horseshit movie Abrams made.

EDIT: OK I rewatched the new Star Trek and liked everything except the Spock love interest w/ Uhura. WTF was up with that?
    stoat2337
    Corps Honor Guard
    Last edited by stoat2337; 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM.
    I just wanna play.
    I just wanna play a game.
    One that you've never played before.
    One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

Who's more social/technologically advanced? Hrm...I sense a great disturbance...
      "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
      "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
      "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
      "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
      *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

I was a casual Star Trek fan, and still am. I only liked the original series and Next Gen. At one point I had all the 60s series on vhs, and I've seen every movie since Star Trek II in the theater on opening night. I still have most of the Playmate 9" dolls from the 90s, and dozens of the 5" figures they made, all sitting in boxes collecting dust in my attic.

Hated Voyager, missed most of DS9, and never even gave Enterprise a chance. By the time the last few movies came out I was pretty burned out on Trek and washed my hands of it. Star Wars was always my real passion anyway.

I thought I'd hate the new movie and was against the new cast. Saw it on opening night anyway (didn't want to break tradition), and absolutely LOVED it. If they make movies like that with the new cast, I'll keep seeing them in the theater. No interest in a new tv series though.
        Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
        Moisture Farmer
        Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
          I was a casual Star Trek fan, and still am. I only liked the original series and Next Gen. At one point I had all the 60s series on vhs, and I've seen every movie since Stra Trek II in the theater on opening night. I still have most of the Playmate 9" dolls from the 90s, and a dozens of the 5" figures they made, all sitting in boxes collecting dust in my attic.

Hated Voyager, missed most of DS9, and never even gave Enterprise a chance. By the time the last few movies came out I was pretty burned out on Trek and washed my hands of it. Star Wars was always my real passion anyway.

I thought I'd hate the new movie and was against the new cast. Saw it on opening night anyway (didn't want to break tradition), and absolutely LOVED it. If they make movies like that with the new cast, I'll keep seeing them in the theater. No interest in a new tv series though.
          the only way i would ever watch a new tv series is if they somehow have the movie cast involved with it and have jj direct it.

other than that i welcome another film
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            don't get me wrong i liked JJ's ST alot it was really good, d@mn good in fact, i just wish it hadn't killed 60+ years of history so until they come out with something (movie or TV) that shows the Next Gen. + years are still around i'm intalled to my belief
            That's your choice. But you are creating that "problem" for yourself. The decision of whether it "killed" off that history isn't yours to make in any official way, and those whose decision it IS disagree with you 100%. So just keep that in mind.

The only "problem" you are facing here is totally of your own creation. Neither I nor anybody else can take away your right to get upset about something, even if it doesn't exist, but don't expect a lot of sympathy, from me at least.

Comment

So, when the F is the new Trek movie going to come out? It's been 2 years with nothing in sight.........

Comment

sometime in 2012 (hopefully before the end lol)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  That's your choice. But you are creating that "problem" for yourself. The decision of whether it "killed" off that history isn't yours to make in any official way, and those whose decision it IS disagree with you 100%. So just keep that in mind.

The only "problem" you are facing here is totally of your own creation. Neither I nor anybody else can take away your right to get upset about something, even if it doesn't exist, but don't expect a lot of sympathy, from me at least.
                  I believe you, but how can TNG continuity count if there's not even a Vulcan? Some things must be affected.

Comment

It's an alternate universe. That's made quite clear in the film.
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Shouldn't Spock have a goatee then?
                      I just wanna play.
                      I just wanna play a game.
                      One that you've never played before.
                      One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                        It's an alternate universe. That's made quite clear in the film.
                        Is it? Spock's bit about recalling how that wasn't supposed to happen suggested he was out of his time stream (altered by the rogue Romulans) not his universe.

Comment

The beauty is, you can still pop in your 60s or TNG dvds...anytime you want. Thousands of episodes still exist in your collection. Them rewriting history for the new movies doesn't take that away. Enjoy what you want from the past, they weren't making new tv shows in that continuity anyway (because they drove the franchise into the ground).

And honestly, have the people behind Star Trek done ANYTHING worth remembering after TNG ended? You can take Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise and light them all up with a match for all I care. The new movie blew it all away. And it was by FAR the best movie out of all 11 of them. Even Wrath Of Khan is left in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            I believe you, but how can TNG continuity count if there's not even a Vulcan? Some things must be affected.
                            In the original timeline where TNG continuity does count there is a vulcan, but no romulus, so the timeline was skewed even further.

Comment

Either way, you're never going to see new movies or tv shows based on the old continuity again. The only thing they could have done would have been to go even further into the future. It's better off the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                                And honestly, have the people behind Star Trek done ANYTHING worth remembering after TNG ended? You can take Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise and light them all up with a match for all I care. The new movie blew it all away. And it was by FAR the best movie out of all 11 of them. Even Wrath Of Khan is left in the dust.
                                Your sarcasm is not lost on us.

I loved the last film...as a scifi action film. As a Star Trek film, it ranks near the bottom, as they got countless stuff just plain wrong, alternate timeline nonwithstanding. (Don't worry, the shitball that was Star Trek V is still worse by many orders of magnitude.)
                                SD80MAC
                                Not a True Fan
                                Last edited by SD80MAC; 06-28-2011, 04:01 PM.
                                The last fan of 1990s comics
                                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                                X