Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [spoilers]

So, what is the conclusion? They say that Wally's mistake is serious and acknowledge the deaths and deceits, but then they kept making it sound like the only real issue was whether he killed his future self or not.

And I still don't get why if they're willing to play with time to this extent they wouldn't be willing to stop Wally before his explosion or whatever it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      It was Spanish. Remember Kyle is Hispanic now and the Irish is forgotten or ignored. It's a fragment from a popular prayer that begins "angel de dios que eres mi custodio," but they cut off before the custodio. With it, it means "Angel of God you are my custodian," but, as I say, they didn't get to the custodian (caretaker) part.
      they should of just had him say it in English........................ ya know cause.......................... well i can't say why (cause i'll be called something i'm not) but we all know why

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        they should of just had him say it in English........................ ya know cause.......................... well i can't say why (cause i'll be called something i'm not) but we all know why
        They probably figured (1) you didn't have to know for the story; (2) if you cared, you Google translate it (like I did with the French in Marie's bit). But I'll give you that nothing prevented King from doing one of those <translated from Spanish> bits. It's kind of the least of the series' problems, though, and since Kyle was only in one panel, there wouldn't be much reason even for you to pick it up for him even if you were still following him.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 05-31-2019, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Doomsday Clock > Heroes in Crisis

The Kyle panel is aggravating because it's the only aspect of his character they wanna use him for [mostly just Tom King who wrote him speaking fluent Spanish in Omega Men]. Nevermind the recent Blue Beetle and several issues of his comics series have had a good bit of Spanish in them, they'd rather just slap another SJW tag where they can and say they're diverse. Isn't Cruz Spanish too? She could've been used in the same fashion if that's all they're really going for.

I liked the bits with all the Robins. We never got an answer to that bloodied GL suit. They didn't even really tell us who all of the dead victims were aside from the ones clearly shown in-panel.

Had Harley or Booster actually done it, this might've been a better read. Trying to make Wally cool in the same way they made the character Godspeed is just poor storytelling. What would happen if Nightwing started acting more like Red Hood? Red Hood wouldn't seem as cool and/or Nightwing fans would be pissed. I guess they figure Wally isn't appearing regularly anywhere, why not?

Comment

• Also, they use time travel to prevent Wally from killing future Wally, but none of the others. Now I'm all for self-consistent time travel stories (like Twelve Monkeys), but that's just not how time travel works in the DCU. Not even trying to save Roy, or any of the others, is insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
              Doomsday Clock > Heroes in Crisis
              You're probably right. I'm not personally skipping it because I think it's not as good a story, but just because I believe DC is legally right, but morally and artistically wrong to ever continue the Watchmen or merge it with DC. My feeling is like Jules' on eating sewer rat. I could be missing something great, but I'll never know.

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
              ...The Kyle panel is aggravating because it's the only aspect of his character they wanna use him for [mostly just Tom King who wrote him speaking fluent Spanish in Omega Men]. . .
              And you just know there's this whole group out there now that if you said Kyle was partly Irish would go "but he's Hispanic." It just proves DC is racist against the Irish.

...I liked the bits with all the Robins...
              Yeah, that was one of those fun bits in the book. Although I highly doubt Damian would ever go to Sanctuary voluntarily.

...We never got an answer to that bloodied GL suit. They didn't even really tell us who all of the dead victims were aside from the ones clearly shown in-panel...
              Yeah, that is a problem. It's like they wanted this to be an event/crisis, but didn't give us that payoff.

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              Also, they use time travel to prevent Wally from killing future Wally, but none of the others. Now I'm all for self-consistent time travel stories (like Twelve Monkeys), but that's just not how time travel works in the DCU. Not even trying to save Roy, or any of the others, is insane.
              Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying and they don't even address it with a throw-away line (like "too bad we couldn't have prevented the tragedy, but..."). That's a massive plot hole.

I still have a hard time believing this isn't going to be undone. I can't believe they really offed Roy nor that the canon Ivey will be this vegetable infant version. I mean apart from what they've done to Wally.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 05-31-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                You're probably right. I'm not personally skipping it because I think it's not as good a story, but just because I believe DC is legally right, but morally and artistically wrong to ever continue the Watchmen or merge it with DC. My feeling is like Jules' on eating sewer rat. I could be missing something great, but I'll never know.
                Exactly.

And you just know there's this whole group out there now that if you said Kyle was partly Irish would go "but he's Hispanic." It just proves DC is racist against the Irish.
                Or just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  They wouldn't have gotten any virtue signalling brownie points if they had him say the prayer in English.

So Guy's relationship with Ice is clearly gone too. Dc are not giving me any reasons to buy their books anymore.

Comment

• Tom King on Heroes in Crisis, The Fan Reaction, and Wally West's Future
                    This all started with Harley and Booster, and you talked a lot about how much you love those characters and obviously you've gotten to write them a lot. How strange has it been that you spent six months elevating those characters, and now the big takeaway is like "holy s--t, Wally!"?

You go back to what I did with Booster in the beginning, and I did it in Batman. It was like "what? What did you do to Booster? You made him so terrible." And now as you see in Heroes in Crisis, he came back from being terrible and now he's kicking ass again. This was always about those three characters. It was a Harley story, a Wally story, and was a Booster story. As I've said many times before, I don't pick the characters for my story; I give my plot to the editors and then the editors pick the characters for me. So I told them in the beginning, "this is what it's going to be -- it's going to be about one hero who's made a mistake and it's going to be about the two heroes that get framed for that mistake." And they said, "okay, it's Booster, Harley, and Wally, those are the three characters." I mean they're a joy to write, I love writing them. That's almost what I miss the most about this book is writing those two. Booster is the most fun character in comics, except maybe Hal Jordan.

Comment

• This explains a lot about how King fails to get a single character. Editorial fills his incoherent mad libs scripts with the dumbest choices possible. Too bad King got Mark Doyle removed. At least that guy had a feel for the DCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        This explains a lot about how King fails to get a single character. Editorial fills his incoherent mad libs scripts with the dumbest choices possible. Too bad King got Mark Doyle removed. At least that guy had a feel for the DCU.
                        This gif fits better

Comment

• It's pretty hard to believe. I mean his pitch was a vague as "three characters: one makes a mistake and frames the other two"? And he had no plans for who those might be?

Comment

• Things have gotten worse for Wally.. there's now a new series featuring him written by Scott Lobdell and art by Brett Booth... YUCK

https://www.cbr.com/flash-forward-wa...risis-spinoff/

Comment

• That Shaner cover almost got me. But then I saw the creative team. Pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                                This explains a lot about how King fails to get a single character. Editorial fills his incoherent mad libs scripts with the dumbest choices possible. Too bad King got Mark Doyle removed. At least that guy had a feel for the DCU.
                                Jesus, that was his pitch and the extent of his understanding of his responsibility to these characters? No wonder DC is dying.

Comment

Working...
                                X