Booster Gold #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booster Gold #2

For those of you who haven't read it, some decent GL appearances, with a nice Guy showing. Booster Gold is not as shitty as a title as I thought it would be. You see some more Sinestro, and some peeks at shit between now and Final Crisis.

BTW, there's a variant GL cover for those who get them. Double your pleasure.

I loved it BTW the time Booster visits is one week prior to Abin's crash.

Some very sweet things happen here that have effected the entire GL Mythos.
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Its pretty good. the blue beetle(s) appearences are kool. I'm gonna keep gettin it until it bottoms-out.

Comment

They managed to get a lot of obscure trivia RIGHT for this story. For instance, they remembered that IF Guy was chosen over Hal by Abin Sur, that he was destined to die from a yellow plague. This is the kind of story where it's very easy to make a lot of mistakes because the writer doesn't know the history or is willing to do the research. Yeah, you could argue that the Manhunters came later, but you could also argue that a seasoned vet like Sinestro would have knowledge of them. I also like how they described the week that Abin died as "years ago" instead of being more specific. Vagueness works best in comics these days when talking about timelines ,IMO.

Pretty decent issue BTW. I expected a Booster Gold series to suck ass, but it's not half bad so far. They've sucked me into two issues in a row. And they've got me buying the NEXT two because of the Flash and Jonah Hex! Sneaky bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
          They managed to get a lot of obscure trivia RIGHT for this story. For instance, they remembered that IF Guy was chosen over Hal by Abin Sur, that he was destined to die from a yellow plague. This is the kind of story where it's very easy to make a lot of mistakes because the writer doesn't know the history or is willing to do the research. Yeah, you could argue that the Manhunters came later, but you could also argue that a seasoned vet like Sinestro would have knowledge of them. I also like how they described the week that Abin died as "years ago" instead of being more specific. Vagueness works best in comics these days when talking about timelines ,IMO.

Pretty decent issue BTW. I expected a Booster Gold series to suck ass, but it's not half bad so far. They've sucked me into two issues in a row. And they've got me buying the NEXT two because of the Flash and Jonah Hex! Sneaky bastards!
          Well said Dave, I loved all that GL trivia for us GL nuts
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post

I'll be buying through the Zero Hour stuff to come, at least. Interested to see where Johns and Jurgens go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              I'll be buying through the Zero Hour stuff to come, at least. Interested to see where Johns and Jurgens go with that.
              I hadn't thought of that. Emailing my crack dealer (lcs owner), adding it to the Pull List.

Comment

I liked the touch where Booster gave Sinestro the idea for the (goofily-named, IMO) Sinestro Corps.

Comment

Anyone have a scan of the GL varient cover? I hate paying $12 for these things....
                  (and yes, I know some of you can get them for cover price (as it should be) but I am not that lucky)
                  Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Nevermind, I found it! Meh, not steller enough to blow $10 on....

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                      Nevermind, I found it! Meh, not steller enough to blow $10 on....

Yeah, I'm not even sure it's better than the standard cover.

Comment

Yeah, I think I like the standard one better:

Comment

I really dig this title. Especially this issue and all the fun Guy Gardner and Sinestro stuff. Very cool. My only gripe is that I wish it had a more JLI feel to it in the dialogue. The stories and concepts are great...but I really need a book that I can laugh out loud at. This one is almost there. Almost.

-Erik

Comment

I laughed my ass off in #1.

This was sweet, as I stated somewhere else, the sleeper hit of the year.
                            sigpic
                            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

My LCS didn't get enough copies to get the variant, so I didn't see it until Mal posted it. I think the standard one is better too. If I saw it at the time, I might've bought both, but it's really not important enough to me to make it a point to have them both.

Comment

Working...
                              X