Green Lantern Blu-ray and DVD on 10/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Blu-ray and DVD on 10/14

According to this site it's coming out October 25th.
    http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/59...on-thread.html

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack:

Theatrical Film (3D & 2D)

Extended Cut (2D only)

Maximum Movie Mode with Picture in Picture Pods

The Universe According to Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds Becomes Green Lantern

Justice League #1 Digital Comic

Additional Scenes

Preview of Green Lantern: The Animated Series

BD-Live

Blu-ray Combo Pack:

Extended Cut*

Theatrical Film

Maximum Movie Mode with Picture in Picture Pods

The Universe According to Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds Becomes Green Lantern

Justice League #1 Digital Comic

Additional Scenes

BD-Live

DVD:

Preview of the Justice League #1 Digital Comic

*Extended Cut included only on 2D Blu-ray Disc

Blu-ray.com reviews the Green Lantern blu-ray http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Green-.../26103/#Review

Between GL, The Jurassic Park Trilogy, and Super 8...October is going to bankrupt me.
    Lantern54
    Corps Honor Guard
    Last edited by Lantern54; 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM.

Green since 1974!

Damn, that's quick! I have the day off tomorrow, thinking I might go watch the movie for a second time before it's pulled from the theaters.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll order it from Amazon, eventhough Best Buy will probably have some sort of an incentive exclusive.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

They better find a way to put those twenty minutes back in, and not cheat on us!

Comment

Two days before my birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Two days before my birthday!

Now that's a cool bday present!!

Comment

Four months huh? The movie bombed so bad I thought they might crank it out in 90 days.

Comment

Since it coming to BluRay/DVD so quickly, does that mean it won't be a Director's Cut?
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  Since it coming to BluRay/DVD so quickly, does that mean it won't be a Director's Cut?
                  I think that's a safe bet. There may be one later, I suppose.

Comment

Well, if there is not a Director's Cut, there definitely should be some deleted scenes or a director's commentary track.

Comment

Warner Brothers better not screw us up again! It's there fault this happened, time to fess up!

Comment

I am excited that I wont have to wait so long,but I am not so excited at the proability that I will have to buy a Special edition down the road.
                        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          Unless the film does really well overseas in the next 6 weeks, I don't see that happening.

A director's cut would - I'm guessing - involve putting back in a lot of scenes with alien GLs and more flying and battle shots. In other words, paying the Sony FX crew to create/fnish more CGI shots.

I'm sure Warner Bros' stance is they put too much money into GL already. More money for FX? No way.

Comment

Oh I will get it for sure, along with Thor, Captain America and any other superhero flick. Really wish GL had more meat to it....
                            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                              Oh I will get it for sure, along with Thor, Captain America and any other superhero flick. Really wish GL had more meat to it....
                              The first half is good, it just gets really hollow when he gets back to Earth until the end of the movie.

I'd be really surprised to see any kind of director's cut. Any scenes with CGI would have ended up on the cutting room floor before they had any real work done to them. I doubt this will be like Daredevil, where an attempt was made to fix the movie. WB is just going to cut their losses and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X