Need help with a DIY Red Lantern Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a DIY Red Lantern Battery

I seen a video on youtube the other night that had a DIY Sinestro Corps battery/lantern and I want to do a red lantern one. I mean I am going to do it pretty much the same other than the handle I want to do one like the replica one. I am just needing some ideas on how to pull it off.

I figured I would post the youtube video and a pic of how I want to do the lantern handle here

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9rlosWdiQ Sinestro battery video

2. Red Lantern http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im.../DC29973lg.jpg

I have been toying with the idea to create my own Red Lantern replica. I'll let you know if I ever get past the "im gonna do this" stage and actually do it haha! My brother is good a metal work so I may see if he can cut me out some of the pieces.

Comment

I like that idea. Making your own Red Lantern Battery.

I'm planning on building one for myself. I didn't want the "standard" look though. Something I've always been behind is the fact that Lanterns are from many different species and sectors of space, they should have similar but not the "exactly the same" looks when it comes to their suits and Power Batteries.

Although Kyle, John, Hal and Guy are all from Earth, their Power Batteries and suits are different in some ways from each other. Their styles of Constructs are different as well.

Although this idea of "individual differences" has been barely touched in the comics and was starting to catch on with the Animated Series, it was never fully implemented. it would make the Reds more interesting in my opinion and might help mitigate the whole "Reds are just cheesy copies of the GLC" thing.

So I've come up with a unique Red Lantern suit design and a Power Battery design that will be obviously different looking but also obviously still a Power Battery.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see if It develops further and maybe when I finish my Power Battery, I'll post pics here.
      Agustus G.
      Corps Recruit
      Last edited by Agustus G.; 10-14-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X