X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOOSE!!! View Post
    Hey guys,

Been thinking of posting some of my ill-gotten gains to Ebay. Do you think anyone would be interested in this:

This was given to me by Editor Bob Schreck when I got the regular coloring gig almost eight years ago. It's a bit dusty, but in perfect condition. Not sure how many are in existence, but I've never seen another one out there.

Thoughts?
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

Translation: PM me an offer! It would easily be the most unique item in my GL collection, and I'll actually USE IT! On cold winter nights, I occasionally enjoy a big mug of hot cocoa!
    Jack T. Chance
    Really knows where his towel is!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-29-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOOSE!!! View Post
      Hey guys,

Been thinking of posting some of my ill-gotten gains to Ebay. Do you think anyone would be interested in this:

This was given to me by Editor Bob Schreck when I got the regular coloring gig almost eight years ago. It's a bit dusty, but in perfect condition. Not sure how many are in existence, but I've never seen another one out there.

Thoughts?
      Sweet! Must....make...custom...mug......

Comment

I will out bid Jack in a heart beat damn it Jack why, why must you steal my thunder!!!!!!

Moose!!! also Pm me with an offer -

Next in GL - The Coffee Cup War Jack T. Chance Vs GLJIMT
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          I will out bid Jack in a heart beat damn it Jack why, why must you steal my thunder!!!!!!

Moose!!! also Pm me with an offer -

Next in GL - The Coffee Cup War Jack T. Chance Vs GLJIMT
          And THIS is how you repay me for my efforts to help you find a couple things you needed, eh?

You realize, of course, this means WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
            And THIS is how you repay me for my efforts to help you find a couple things you needed, eh?

You realize, of course, this means WAR!

I got nothing to worry about, you're already Dead !

I might need to worry come Summer 09 but hell that's along time off.

Don't worry I'm sure you can spend more then my wife will let me
            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I'll just turn it into a pic and send it to cafepress and get a mug for 15 bucks . Ain't fighting with either of you

Comment

ok GL #1 Golden Age CGC 9.0 up on ebay now
                That goddamn book has been a Buy it Now item for like 2 years. I have done that research on this extensively (called CGC, emailed seller, etc), and the amount of restoration is so extensive that it barely will be worth 10K. I almost went for this a couple of times, and my wife had the good sense to tell me I was a fucking idiot

I think I'll buy a lower grade but unrestored copy. When your talking about iconic comics like that, buying these things turns into an investment and not a hobby.

My 2 cents

Comment

Hey folks,

I got a hand full of PMs about the coffee mug already. Let me figure out what I'm gonna do. I've got a few things to get rid of, mostly Christmas presents that DC handed out to freelancers, which I've never used (a DC backpack, a custom-made deck of DC playing cards).

Give me a couple of days to figure out what I want to do. Thanks.
                  MOOSE!!!
                  2008 Wizard Fan Award Winner - Favorite Colorist!
                  http://www.facebook.com/moose.baumann
                  http://blog.myspace.com/moosebaumann

Comment

Nice Moose - I know a lot of us would love to have that mug

anyway - 2005 Boy Scout National Jamboree Green Lantern Patch

No I am not joking - appears to have the boy scout symbol in place of the GL on the figure -

Being I am an Eagle Scout this is pretty sweet IMHO
                    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I got nothing to worry about, you're already Dead !

I might need to worry come Summer 09 but hell that's along time off.

Don't worry I'm sure you can spend more then my wife will let me
                      Well, I hate to do this, but you've left me little choice...

looking over the thread again, I noticed that Moose made his post at precisely 4:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time). Looking at the time stamp on MY post, which was the very next reply in this thread, I see that my post hit the forum at precisely 4:10 PM... a mere 10 minutes later!

Now, considering that the whole process of clicking "Quote", figuring out what I wanted to say, typing it up, previewing my post to proofread it, making any necessary corrections for typos, and then finally posting it would've taken me a few minutes, this means I saw Moose's mere moments after he made it!

And since there usually aren't that many people on the forums at 4:00 PM EST, I'm operating under the educated hypothesis that I was the first person to see his post and reply to it in one form or another! I didn't PM him until later that evening, but you can clearly see that mine is the first reply in this thread!

Therefore...

I'M OFFICIALLY CALLING "DIBS"!!!!

I hate to do it, but you all have forced my hand!

Now, having said that... it's still Moose's property and it's up to him to decide whether or not he wants to sell it at this time. So, just in case...
                      Originally posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
                      I'll just turn it into a pic and send it to cafepress and get a mug for 15 bucks . Ain't fighting with either of you
                      That's a FANTASTIC idea!

While you're looking into it, could you also look into the possibility of maybe setting it up on a cafepress web store, so that other forum members can also purchase one?

That way, everyone has a chance to get one!

Comment

Jack I have a cafepress store - but pulling the logo off the pic is going to f with the dimensions of the pic - if anyone has a good pic of just that logo on a Transparent or white back ground then I can do something with it

Oh and since I'm just such a nice guy go for it Jack
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Jack I have a cafepress store - but pulling the logo off the pic is going to f with the dimensions of the pic - if anyone has a good pic of just that logo on a Transparent or white back ground then I can do something with it
                          You know, I found myself thinking the exact same thing! But I was hoping he'd already thought of that. What's really needed is an image from the comic of the logo straight on, if Daryl Banks ever drew such an image. That's a LOT of issues to flip through, so maybe someone that has the Kyle Rayner issues in digital form could flip through them to see if such an image is available?

Other than that, the only other solution I can come up with is for the person that gets the mug from Moose to take the straightest shot of the logo that they can with a digital camera, and hope that it would be sufficient for cafepress' needs. Too bad there isn't a scanner made specifically for scanning artwork off of coffee mugs, that would produce the flat, straight image required. But that would be such a highly specialized product, that almost no one would ever buy it.

Of course, the best solution would be to get one's hands on the original piece of art used in the production of the official mug(s), but I figure the odds of that happening are slim-to-none.
                          Oh and since I'm just such a nice guy go for it Jack
                          Thanks!

Oh, and Happy 2008, everyone! I hope it's even better than 2007 (although it'll be hard for the Powers That Be to top the Sinestro Corps storyline! )
                          Jack T. Chance
                          Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

perhaps a nice search of photobucket and imageshack would turn up something to work with - I know the window of Radu's with that image was down straight on but that would be alot of editing out the stuff "in" the window

ALso I think in the SF&O the last one during Kyles era they might have something - but my scanner is way too shitty everything comes out blurry

Ebay item - Banks original GL page

so far its a fantastic price
                            GLJIMT
                            Last edited by GLJIMT; 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM.
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

perhaps a nice search of photobucket and imageshack would turn up something to work with - I know the window of Radu's with that image was down straight on but that would be alot of editing out the stuff "in" the window
                              Well, I've had no luck going that route.

Photobucket turned up NOTHING under searches for "radu's coffee" and "radu's logo". A search on "radu" turned up dozens of pages of results. After looking through the first 30 pages of results, there was NO sign of the Radu's Coffee logo, but it DID turn up a disturbingly large amount of explicit naked baby photos of the kind you would NOT want to have floating around on the internet where pedophiles might find them!

As for Imageshack, a search under "radu's coffee" turns up nothing. Under "radu's logo", I get 97 pages of results. I've gone through the first 18 pages, with no sign of the desired logo... but several instances of the logos for Sam's Club and Wal*Mart come up! I ask you, what do they have to do with Radu's Coffee?!?
                              ALso I think in the SF&O the last one during Kyles era they might have something - but my scanner is way too shitty everything comes out blurry
                              Shoot. I know I have that issue... somewhere. But I couldn't even begin to guess at how long it would take me to find it. :-|

And as for the scanner, I could use my scanner at work... IF I knew how to. I haven't found any instructions telling me how to use it.

Sweet! Too bad it doesn't have the Radu's Coffee logo on it somewhere!
                              Jack T. Chance
                              Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-01-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Oooh, I think I'm gonna get it. I have very little original artwork. But that looks nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X