The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #776
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Who defines what is or isn't a public safety issue ? And just because someone can dosent mean there always correct. People die every year from the common flu yet no flu shot mandate
The seasonal flu is less deadly than COVID. I presume that is why it is treated differently. Is it your argument that nobody should ever have the ability to designate anything a public safety issue? That seems a tad irresponsible.

The fact remains, HIPAA only applies to health-care entities and some of their associated businesses. It doesn't apply to employers at all, and so employers asking employees for vaccination status isn't a HIPAA violation. It would be a violation if healthcare entities provided that info directly to the employer without the patient's consent, but that's not what's happening.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:51 PM   #777
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
The seasonal flu is less deadly than COVID. I presume that is why it is treated differently. Is it your argument that nobody should ever have the ability to designate anything a public safety issue? That seems a tad irresponsible.
I believe people should have a legitimate choice where it dosent cost them there job or end up not earning a living . I think businesses and institution s should allow workers to sign waivers saying you have a right not to be vaccinated but you can't hold your employers responsible if you end up with covid . Sports are currently doing that now why not businesses? Mlb NFL NHL even wwe have antendees sign waivers acknowledging the risk . Also with this mandate should this also affect being outside in a public street or should these mandates be exclusive to private places? I get hounded all the time by a guard ona public sidewalk about no mask and I tell her this is public state and federal property not private so back off . Should I be harassed by someone I don't know In public?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 06:56 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #778
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I believe pey should have a legitimate choice where it dosent cost them there job or end up not earning a living . I think businesses and institution s should allow workers to sign waivers saying you have a right not to be vaccinated but you can't hold your employers responsible if you end up with covid . Sports are currently doing that now why not businesses?
The main concern isn't whether the unvaccinated GET the disease (well, obviously that IS a concern, but not the concern leading to mandates). It is them PASSING ON the disease. The most effective way to avoid passing it on is to avoid getting it, and vaccines, while not perfect, are pretty clearly the most effective way to avoid getting it, short of totally isolating yourself.

If the only person at risk from an individual refusing to take pandemic precautions was the individual themself, I very much doubt we'd be seeing the mandates we are. But refusing to take sensible precautions and then insisting that you should still be able to do whatever you want without restriction doesn't just risk yourself. People absolutely should have the right to refuse to protect themself, but if they do, the rest of society has every right to take actions to protect themselves from those people.

You shouldn't be getting harassed, I agree (especially since much of that is from people that don't even understand the mandates. There are very few places that mandate a mask outdoors if you aren't gathering together. I take my mask off when I go on a walk after lunch each day).
__________________

Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-05-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #779
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
The main concern isn't whether the unvaccinated GET the disease (well, obviously that IS a concern, but not the concern leading to mandates). It is them PASSING ON the disease. The most effective way to avoid passing it on is to avoid getting it, and vaccines, while not perfect, are pretty clearly the most effective way to avoid getting it, short of totally isolating yourself.

If the only person at risk from an individual refusing to take pandemic precautions was the individual themself, I very much doubt we'd be seeing the mandates we are. But refusing to take sensible precautions and then insisting that you should still be able to do whatever you want without restriction doesn't just risk yourself. People absolutely should have the right to refuse to protect themself, but if they do, the rest of society has every right to take actions to protect themselves from those people.
Dude theres new viruses everyday do we just stop living life? I spent 30 out of 36 years anti social no friends living like a hermit in my bedroom.it took till my recent surgery to treat everyday like its my last because wile it was invasive spine surgery and i couldnt use my legs the first night it gave me a new outlook on life. The people who are scared of covid need to realize if covid dosent kill you something else will and you cant just put life on hold. I can die in my sleep tonight or i can get shot just walking down the street with how my state has become i can get mugged ect. I already missed a lot of my life do to anxiety and depression i refuse to allow covid to send me back to a time in my life where fear controls me. Sorry for being all over the place but in my heart people base covid on constant fear. I know theres going to be other members on this forum debating if im doing some shtick . Truth is im not and to those members what do i have to gain by lying about what i revealed about myself? Its not like i work for a political group news organisation or writing a book. I have absolutely no issue putting my humility out there if it helps my argument about allowing fear to control us
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 07:28 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #780
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Taking sensible precautions is not the equivalent of living in fear. Wanting this freaking pandemic to end, sooner rather than later, doesn't mean one is allowing fear to control them.

I'm not calling you out for this specifically, but part of the reason this pandemic is dragging out this long is because of people who, rather than live in fear, have chosen to live in self-serving, willful ignorance. People who want nothing to limit them doing whatever they most desire, and so choose to treat anything that would as "fake news" or some kind of conspiracy.

I feel sorry for the people that are living in constant fear, but I feel angry at the people that are living in selfish denial.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #781
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Taking sensible precautions is not the equivalent of living in fear. Wanting this freaking pandemic to end, sooner rather than later, doesn't mean one is allowing fear to control them.

I'm not calling you out for this specifically, but part of the reason this pandemic is dragging out this long is because of people who, rather than live in fear, have chosen to live in self-serving, willful ignorance. People who want nothing to limit them doing whatever they most desire, and so choose to treat anything that would as "fake news" or some kind of conspiracy.

I feel sorry for the people that are living in constant fear, but I feel angry at the people that are living in selfish denial.
I personally feel its from the surge of illegals entering the usa and international travelers . I know that isnt the pc thing to say but why isnt anyone questioning if there vaccinated? All i hear is American this or American that trump is the reason blah blah. People forget this is a world issue not just exclusive to the usa. Im not sure if your following whats going on in Australia but its not good because you can be arrested for not having a mask. A woman recently posted her boyfriend going through just that. I recommend you research it
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 07:47 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:49 PM   #782
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,177
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I guess this goes here: FBI raids police union headquarters


Nuns raped girls with crucifixes as female pedophilia was covered up by Catholic church
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:51 AM   #783
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Apparently if your black you can shoot up a school and be on bond. Anyone who defends the tx shooter from yesterday in my eyes are just as guilty pulling the trigger. The parents are trying to justify it because he was bullied. Oh btw john hinkley who shot regan will be released next year. If that DOesnt raise eyebrows all hope is lost in America. Regan is before my time but maaaaan wtf is going on nowadays?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-08-2021 at 03:26 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #784
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Apparently if your black you can shoot up a school and be on bond. Anyone who defends the tx shooter from yesterday in my eyes are just as guilty pulling the trigger. The parents are trying to justify it because he was bullied. Oh btw john hinkley who shot regan will be released next year. If that DOesnt raise eyebrows all hope is lost in America. Regan is before my time but maaaaan wtf is going on nowadays?
As far as Hinckley goes, he was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and has been in treatment ever since. They have been lessening restrictions on him since 2003, and he's been living out in the community already for 5 years, with his mother (though she died this summer).

Reagan's son is in favor of the release, and insists that his father forgave Hinckley long ago, and would also favor the release.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:34 PM   #785
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
As far as Hinckley goes, he was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and has been in treatment ever since. They have been lessening restrictions on him since 2003, and he's been living out in the community already for 5 years, with his mother (though she died this summer).

Reagan's son is in favor of the release, and insists that his father forgave Hinckley long ago, and would also favor the release.
As a mental health advocate the court made a fool out of mental health. Shit like that is why people dont get the help they need. Its becoming a crutch now to excuse extreme behavior. It be like saying release every serial killer because of mental health or release the guy who did the batman theater shooting in 2012. Wheres the line drawn on what is ok to be released on in terms of mental health?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-08-2021 at 04:37 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:44 PM   #786
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
As a mental health advocate the court made a fool out of mental health. Shit like that is why people dont get the help they need. Its becoming a crutch now to excuse extreme behavior. It be like saying release every serial killer because of mental health. Wheres the line drawn on what is ok to be released on?
I'll leave it to the professionals to determine where that line is drawn. Which they did in this case. And the victim's son is fine with it, so what basis do you or I have to object?

People like to get outraged, imagining the worst possible interpretation of stuff, but from everything I've read about this, the guy had serious mental health issues and has been dealing with them in treatment for many, many years. The professionals have been gauging his recovery over the years, and he has already been granted incremental freedoms, without incident, over the past several years.
Unless it is your contention that mental health issues are just universally a scam people are pulling to get sympathy and excuse their behavior (which I don't think you are) then you have to allow for at least the possibility that this man's case could be exactly what the experts say it is. And given that Reagan's son, who is closer to the issue and more knowledgeable about it, has no problem with it, I just don't see that you have any solid reason to maintain that it is some kind of travesty of justice.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #787
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'll leave it to the professionals to determine where that line is drawn. Which they did in this case. And the victim's son is fine with it, so what basis do you or I have to object?

People like to get outraged, imagining the worst possible interpretation of stuff, but from everything I've read about this, the guy had serious mental health issues and has been dealing with them in treatment for many, many years. The professionals have been gauging his recovery over the years, and he has already been granted incremental freedoms, without incident, over the past several years.
Unless it is your contention that mental health issues are just universally a scam people are pulling to get sympathy and excuse their behavior (which I don't think you are) then you have to allow for at least the possibility that this man's case could be exactly what the experts say it is. And given that Reagan's son, who is closer to the issue and more knowledgeable about it, has no problem with it, I just don't see that you have any solid reason to maintain that it is some kind of travesty of justice.
The fact it was a sitting president that was shot after the Kennedy assassination before that. Regardless how anyone feels about regan your talking about a leader of the free world. Would this be a discussion if lee Harvey oswald wasnt assassinated and sitting in a cell? Should oswald be deemed mentally unfit despite killing a president?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:36 PM   #788
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,755
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Reagan wasn't the only victim. When James Brady died, a physician ruled that he definitely died (even though it was years later) from complications of his condition caused by the shooting. There were professionals who believed at that point Hinckley should have been charged with murder and I think that could be valid, though I don't claim I know the whole situation.
__________________
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #789
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Reagan wasn't the only victim. When James Brady died, a physician ruled that he definitely died (even though it was years later) from complications of his condition caused by the shooting. There were professionals who believed at that point Hinckley should have been charged with murder and I think that could be valid, though I don't claim I know the whole situation.
See what i think they should do is really revaluate him because we have advanced so much since the eighties with diagnosis
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #790
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
See what i think they should do is really revaluate him because we have advanced so much since the eighties with diagnosis
Do you seriously think he is being released without having a current evaluation? He's been in treatment constantly for years. I guarantee he was evaluated as part of the process of deciding to release him.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #791
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
The fact it was a sitting president that was shot after the Kennedy assassination before that. Regardless how anyone feels about regan your talking about a leader of the free world. Would this be a discussion if lee Harvey oswald wasnt assassinated and sitting in a cell? Should oswald be deemed mentally unfit despite killing a president?
There should be equal protection under the law, so in my opinion, the victim's specific identity shouldn't be the determining factor in what the punishment is. If somebody can be determined to be mentally unfit at all, it SHOULD be a possibility no matter who they committed the crime against. I don't have the expertise to determine who is or isn't, though, so I have to defer to experts.

I have no specific reason to think Oswald was unfit. If he was, though, then the standard should apply equally.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #792
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Do you seriously think he is being released without having a current evaluation? He's been in treatment constantly for years. I guarantee he was evaluated as part of the process of deciding to release him.
Honestly i really dont know anymore because with covid still being a issue some prisons specifically California released people because of covid. I forget the termonology so i recommend you research it if you have time
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:33 AM   #793
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,177
Blog Entries: 3
Default

This is so fucking absurd I can't even put it into words
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:37 AM   #794
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Aaaaand superman is now bisexual.._.._.._.. I dont read superman but Wouldnt it make more sense to call it john kent since its he who is now bisexual so people dont confuse it with clark kent? I feel like this was deliberate by dc to get people talking by saying superman specifically is bisexual Aaaaand controversy sells Aaaaand creates a buzz. In john kent now going to team up with tim drake Aaaaand call there team broke back titan's? Are there arch Nemesis going to be straight males Aaaaand depicted as homophobic. Is john kent going to have Rainbow eye beams Aaaaand tim drake will fart my little pony Aaaaand talk about friendship? John kents weakness wont be kryptonite but his weakness will be a biological woman since biological women will scare him
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-12-2021 at 03:42 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #795
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,090
Default

The other issue with people refusing to get vaccinated is that they're needlessly taking up hospital beds and thus denying care to people who have gotten sick or injured through no choice of their own.

Re the seasonal flu, some medical professionals are predicting it will be bad this year and that some people will simultaneously contract flu and Covid-19.

I get a flu shot every year and have already gotten mine.
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 AM   #796
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
The other issue with people refusing to get vaccinated is that they're needlessly taking up hospital beds and thus denying care to people who have gotten sick or injured through no choice of their own.

Re the seasonal flu, some medical professionals are predicting it will be bad this year and that some people will simultaneously contract flu and Covid-19.

I get a flu shot every year and have already gotten mine.
Im getting mine Saturday. Finally found a walgreens that has moderna. Was a pain in the ass to find but found it. Im only doing it because i waited over a year. What i dislike is having to go a town over when i have a cvs literally across from me wich dosent distribute moderna. Youd think the government would want to give all walgreens and cvs chains all the covid 19 vaccine options . A lot by me only have pyzer and Johnson and Johnson. Also since i dont drive youd think the government would start a delivery program where you can do it at home where a nurse gives it to you. People argue seniors are high risk right? Well.._.._. Most seniors cant drive
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-18-2021 at 03:39 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #797
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,463
Default

I forgot to mention this insanity when it happened last week . Im sitting home and 2 students from the middle school on the right of my apartment one white one black got jumped by 12 highscoolers. I personally didnt see what happened but there were 6 to 8 squad suvs looking since they bolted. Teachers and neighbors gave statements. Talk above cowardly . 12 on 2 smh. And since Illinois is a democratic state and if any arrests were made im sure they get released the same night since no cash bail for those who ( cant afford it). I know someone who works at the school and they say its race related
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-21-2021 at 03:41 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #798
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,090
Default

"Defund the police" is the stupidest political slogan I've ever heard. But anybody who shoots this person in this situation is too scared to be cop.

Everybody knows that sadistic people tend to attracted to jobs like police officer, prison guard and security guard. But people who are frightened also want to become cops, because it makes them feel safe and powerful. And then they'll tend to behave this way.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bodycam-v...024151548.html
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #799
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,177
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Woman billed $700 after sitting in ER waiting room for 7 hours, leaving without treatment
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:47 PM   #800
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,177
Blog Entries: 3
Default

DC asks LAPD to protect Superman: Son of Kal-El artists after death threats over Jon Kent's bisexuality

Imagine being so angry over a fictional character that you threaten to murder someone.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.