Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 11-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #801
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
DC asks LAPD to protect Superman: Son of Kal-El artists after death threats over Jon Kent's bisexuality

Imagine being so angry over a fictional character that you threaten to murder someone.
Im not thrilled with the gay agenda but these people who made threats should be investigated . As for arrest imo depends on how they act with police or if anything is found to raise concern

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #802
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'd think that threatening to kill people should probably be of concern no matter how they act with the police.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #803
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Who would threaten to kill someone over what happens in a comic book?

Has it ever been verified that someone has actually made such a threat, with the person who did it being arrested? This has been alleged quite a few times over the years, but I'm not aware that it's ever been shown to have occurred.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:03 AM   #804
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Texas woman points gun at 7YO for trick-or-treating outside her home

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:59 AM   #805
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Im not thrilled with the gay agenda but these people who made threats should be investigated . As for arrest imo depends on how they act with police or if anything is found to raise concern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd think that threatening to kill people should probably be of concern no matter how they act with the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Who would threaten to kill someone over what happens in a comic book?

Has it ever been verified that someone has actually made such a threat, with the person who did it being arrested? This has been alleged quite a few times over the years, but I'm not aware that it's ever been shown to have occurred.
I think this happens a lot. It probably just doesn't make the news. I wouldn't be surprised if EVS hasn't received death threats too, but it doesn't make as good a story. I know the writers of Star Trek Generations received multiple death threats for the way/fact they killed Kirk. I don't think they were too worried about them, though it was still a bummer. My stepdad used to be a regional supervisor for DOT in NJ and despite most people respecting him, he said he received a couple death threats (I think one anonymous). They didn't bother him too much. People are stupid.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:11 PM   #806
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Slippery slope though . I Would assume and again im no expert but i think im going to kill you isnt enough to arrest. Now if the threats were more detailed like im going to shoot to kill thats probably probable cause to take action. I think it has to do more with language and how its used

Old 11-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #807
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Big shock that the death threat over gay Supetmsn story was a hoax. These hate crime type stories almost always are. They should all be viewed immediately with skepticism.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:08 AM   #808
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Black principal loses job after allegedly teaching critical race theory in Texas

Old 11-10-2021, 01:23 PM   #809
Space Cop
The Dandy

But apparently it was a delayed resignation as part of a settlement and the school district claims the letter (which does sound inappropriate [not necessarily actionable] for a principal to make in his official capacity) was not a factor and they’ve documented previously that they found him deficient and were not going to renew his contract. Now, they could be lying, but when you use terms like “documented and discussed” you usually have to back that up.

Not saying there definitely was no wrongdoing, but I’d need a lot more details before being clear on that.

Last edited by Space Cop; 11-10-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:03 AM   #810
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Apparently shit is hitting the fan in Spain.

At the country's biggest Warhammer 40,000 tournament in Talavera, a Neo-Nazi showed up. Tons of complaints and refusals to play against him, with other players being punished by event organizers instead of the one asshole being thrown out.

https://wilbur.ghost.io/warhammer-nazis/

^Article where I first saw this.

https://descansodelescriba.blogspot....resoa-que.html

^Spanish-language article with much more to say on the matter.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:30 PM   #811
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Black teen allegedly shocked with Taser by students in KKK clothing

Old 11-14-2021, 02:23 AM   #812
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Actual victims compared to drama queens pretending to be victims

Old 12-14-2021, 04:15 AM   #813
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Ok maybe its the weed talking but this new covid variant omicron sounds like a transformer. Autobot decepticon and omicron

Old 12-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #814
Space Cop
The Dandy

Not necessarily the biggest outrage of the week, but more NK nonsense.

North Korea bans laughing, drinking for 11 days on 10th anniversary of Kim Jong-il's death
Old 12-24-2021, 01:08 AM   #815
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I drive by this store several times a week. Apparently the only shooting that occurred here was done by the police.

https://abc7news.com/burlington-coat...k-in/11378000/
Old 12-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #816
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Well marvel just neutered the punisher by redesighning the skull and stripping away his guns because a small group of people on jan 6 wore punisher patches when attacking the Capitol. Hes like a ninja now. The new skull looks like a knockoff

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-25-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:25 PM   #817
Space Cop
The Dandy

^That is dumb. Punisher was my favorite. He's not supposed to be PC; he's an anti-hero.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #818
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^That is dumb. Punisher was my favorite. He's not supposed to be PC; he's an anti-hero.

Yup he looks like a dollar store bootleg gi joe now. There now trying to cancel elf on a shelf. The woke crowd should be gifted baby powder to powder there pussies. Throw in some tampons and pads wile your at it. Also here in Illinois at the state Capitol they put a bathomet statue next to baby Jesus. Now granted i be lying if i didnt say i hate goth imagery hell all my shirts are skulls and death but really a bathomet statue? If i didnt live several hours away id get creative with the bathomet statue and do the most offensive thing with it to watch the satanic church meltdown

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-25-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #819
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Same with Guy Gardner. They're going to pussify him.
Old 12-25-2021, 06:43 PM   #820
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Same with Guy Gardner. They're going to pussify him.
Only a matter of time before the hulk gets changed from a green rage monster to a blue psychologist helping people come to grips with there preferred gender because rage is somehow offensive or tied to January 6th 2021

Old 12-26-2021, 10:04 AM   #821
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

Quote:
Also here in Illinois at the state Capitol they put a bathomet statue next to baby Jesus. Now granted i be lying if i didnt say i hate goth imagery hell all my shirts are skulls and death but really a bathomet statue? If i didnt live several hours away id get creative with the bathomet statue and do the most offensive thing with it to watch the satanic church meltdown
The Satanic Temple doesn't give two shits about Baphomet or his iconography. They're atheists.

The only reason they get these things put up is in protest of religious symbology on government grounds. Their goal is to have all religious iconography removed from government holdings, so that the separation of church and state is more accurately represented. The hope is that in so doing, it would help curb any overt religious influence on political proceedings. The truth is that they don't even petition for these statues to be put up unless petitions to remove other religious statues that are already there (like that Baby Jesus) are denied. It's a method of purposeful annoyance attempting to get things that already shouldn't be there removed.

Basically, what I'm saying is that they wouldn't care if you defiled the statue of Baphomet, just so long as it was treated the same way as the other statues it's there to protest (i.e. be cleaned and upkept with equal effort). Hell, they'd probably see such actions it as a minor victory, as it means the statue is doing exactly what they want it to -- pissing people off.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #822
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
The Satanic Temple doesn't give two shits about Baphomet or his iconography. They're atheists.

The only reason they get these things put up is in protest of religious symbology on government grounds. Their goal is to have all religious iconography removed from government holdings, so that the separation of church and state is more accurately represented. The hope is that in so doing, it would help curb any overt religious influence on political proceedings. The truth is that they don't even petition for these statues to be put up unless petitions to remove other religious statues that are already there (like that Baby Jesus) are denied. It's a method of purposeful annoyance attempting to get things that already shouldn't be there removed.

Basically, what I'm saying is that they wouldn't care if you defiled the statue of Baphomet, just so long as it was treated the same way as the other statues it's there to protest (i.e. be cleaned and upkept with equal effort). Hell, they'd probably see such actions it as a minor victory, as it means the statue is doing exactly what they want it to -- pissing people off.
Meh there just dollar store bootleg dudgeon and dragon losers. Did you hear jedi is a religion? Im not joking. I love star wars but damn Those people should go get some vagina .

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-26-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:29 PM   #823
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

Quote:
Meh there just dollar store bootleg dudgeon and dragon losers. Did you hear jedi is a religion? Im not joking. I love star wars but damn Those people should go get some vagina .
Yeah, I actually approached Jediism like a decade ago because I liked the philosophical aspect espoused by their websites, but when I went to a meeting they were all just cosplaying diehards playing with their toy lightsabers. It was pretty disappointing. I've since moved on to Dudeism.

Dudeism isn't exactly taken seriously, either, but the people involved in it are far more into the philosophical aspects of Taoism than just cosplaying and making jokes. I personally like it because it's Taoism without all the astrological mysticism that makes actual Taoism so unbearable.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:06 AM   #824
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

This is appalling. The boy who is being charged is 14.

I used to resist the idea of people being recorded on video all the time. But security cameras have made it just about impossible to get away with such crimes, and I'm very happy about that. In their savagery, people have forfeited the right to anonymity in public.

I'm amazed though that so many people are still ignorant enough not to know how much security cameras have changed the world.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/14...re-pd/2847006/
Old 12-28-2021, 02:41 AM   #825
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Something else that a lot of people haven't figured out is that a cell phone that's turned on is like a GPS monitor on their ankle.