No announcement yet.

Future State: Green Lantern Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The standard (DC at least) comic now costs $4 and has 20 story pages. Occasionally, an extra page or two get in (usually sacrificing the previews page at the end).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      The standard (DC at least) comic now costs $4 and has 20 story pages. Occasionally, an extra page or two get in (usually sacrificing the previews page at the end).
      4 bucks now? Geez i think ill wait till the absolute edition
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        I dunno. I mean I think it makes sense for the Guardians to reserve the ability to cut off power to a GL that goes rogue (even though they don't seem to exercise that very much), and in order to do that they CAN'T give GLs batteries that are completely independent.
        Every time that has happened the Guardians have sent out other GLs/Manhunters/Alpha Lanterns to bring in the rogue. They never "cut off" just one power battery (they have restricted rings). It's a 100% or nothing function. Which is why I say it's flawed.

Comment

It shouldn't be so easy for a GL to misuse his ring.

There also shouldn't be Corps whose function is to fight each other. There should be GREEN Lanterns. Period.

Comment

And, as Grant Morrison has said, the Guardians, Oa and the CPB shouldn't be destroyed every few years.

My idea for a reboot was that Sinestro wouldn't even be a GL, let alone "the greatest." (Or is Hal "the greatest?" Or is Muhammad Ali? I forget.) That stuff wasn't even original. Geoff lifted it from the Old Testament, which says that Lucifer was the highest of the angels.

Better: Sinestro would kill Abin Sur with a yellow ring forged by the Weaponers of Qward, and steal his green ring. If I did that story, Guy would end up with Sinestro's yellow ring, besides his green ring, but he'd see no reason to tell anyone about it.

Then you'd never have all this crap about Lanterns misusing their rings, let alone entire rogue Corps.
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-26-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              My idea for a reboot was that Sinestro wouldn't even be a GL, let alone "the greatest." (Or is Hal "the greatest?" Or is Muhammad Ali? I forget.) That stuff wasn't even original. Geoff lifted it from the Old Testament, which says that Lucifer was the highest of the angels.

Better: Sinestro would kill Abin Sur with a yellow ring forged by the Weaponers of Qward, and steal his green ring. If I did that story, Guy would end up with Sinestro's yellow ring, besides his green ring, but he'd see no reason to tell anyone about it.

Then you'd never have all this crap about Lanterns misusing their rings, let alone entire rogue Corps.
              Right now the only hope several older fans have are the alternate universes. Heck, the way continuity changes quarterly or annually in DCU, sometimes each GL comic book can be considered a separate universe all by itself.

Comment

Tom Taylor's work on Injustice and DCeased really felt more like pre-Flashpoint DCU. I liked his GLs (and other characters) in those.

Comment

Thought the backup Hal Jordan story in Future State: Green Lantern #2 was solicited a being written by Christopher Priest it is actually by Robert Venditti.

Comment

Future State is reportedly really hot right now. Reserve your books early, fellow ringslingers.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I liked both books. They're anthologies that give time to not only John, who is the main focus, but also Hal, Jessica, Guy, and Keli Quintela. The last page of issue two is a surprise moment, although you can easily connect the dots with a little research. Some of the art is spotty, but these are highly enjoyable.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The stories were ok (particularly liked the Guy one in ish 1), but I don’t like this new direction with the new Guardians and the dead CPB. Hope they resolve it fast. I also find Keli annoying. She took a stolen WMD from a dying alien and then gets all sassy when actual adults with authority even suggest it should be taken away. I have a hard time reading stories focused on entitled teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          The stories were ok (particularly liked the Guy one in ish 1), but I don’t like this new direction with the new Guardians and the dead CPB. Hope they resolve it fast. I also find Keli annoying. She took a stolen WMD from a dying alien and then gets all sassy when actual adults with authority even suggest it should be taken away. I have a hard time reading stories focused on entitled teens.
                          Thorne seems to have a plan for her. I watched a vidcast recently where he said that he "doesn't write genius kid characters" and he called Keli a "liar" multiple times. I get the feeling that she has a reckoning coming her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                            Thorne seems to have a plan for her. I watched a vidcast recently where he said that he "doesn't write genius kid characters" and he called Keli a "liar" multiple times. I get the feeling that she has a reckoning coming her way.
                            Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                            X