The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 4
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 4

Old 09-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #51
The Doctor

I agree it takes all the colors to defeat Nekron, just like the Guardians have mentioned about all the colors badning together to stop the blackest night.

I think we'll find out, Bruce isn't dead and that's why he's not a Black Lantern. That it is indeed him at the end of Final Crisis who was there when Anthor died.

I think we'll see more unification between Lantern colors after this.

And as crazy as it sounds, I think we may be stuck with a few Black Lanterns as recurring villains.

However my one major thought is what's up with Wonder Woman? Her figure being blacked out in the adds and not to mention her Blackest Night mini-series isn't slated till the near end of this fiasco... so that just has me biting my nails.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:19 AM   #52
tommyofshaolin
Green Lantern Initiate

Sounds like Wonder Woman might play a large role in the ending of Blackest Night.
tommyofshaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #53
red lantern randy
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I made up this checkest my predictions are in this.

MAY-JULY 2009
BLACKEST NIGHT #0
BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1
BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #2
BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #3
GREEN LANTERN #43 [PROLOUGE]
BLACKEST NIGHT #1
GREEN LANTERN #44

AUGUST 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #39
BLACKEST NIGHT #2
BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #1-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #1-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #1-3
GREEN LANTERN #45

SEPTEMBER 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40
BLACKEST NIGHT #3
BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #2-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #2-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #2-3
GREEN LANTERN #46

OCTOBER 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #41
BLACKEST NIGHT #4
BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN #3-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: SUPERMAN #3-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: TITANS #3-3
GREEN LANTERN #47

NOVEMBER 2009
DOOM PATROL #4
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #42
BOOSTER GOLD #26
R.E.B.E.L.S. #10
ADVENTURE COMICS #4
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #66
THE OUTSIDERS #24
TEEN TITANS #77
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #39
BLACKEST NIGHT #5
GREEN LANTERN #48

DECEMBER 2009
DOOM PATROL #5
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #43
BOOSTER GOLD #27
R.E.B.E.L.S. #11
ADVENTURE COMICS #5
THE OUTSIDERS #25
TEEN TITANS #78
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #40
BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #1-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #1-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1-3
BLACKEST NIGHT #6
GREEN LANTERN #49

JANUARY 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #44
BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #2-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #2-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: LADY STYX
BLACKEST NIGHT: ECLIPSO
GREEN LANTERN #50

FEBRUARY 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #45
BLACKEST NIGHT: THE FLASH #3-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #3-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3-3
BLACKEST NIGHT: BLACK RACER
BLACKEST NIGHT: SCAR
BLACKEST NIGHT #7
GREEN LANTERN #51

MARCH 2009
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #46
BLACKEST NIGHT: ORIGINS OF THE SPECTRUM #1
BLACKEST NIGHT: ORIGINS OF THE SECTRUM #2
BLACKEST NIGHT: NEKRON
BLACKEST NIGHT: KRONA
BLACKEST NIGHT #8
GREEN LANTERN #52 [EPILOUGE]
BRIGHTEST DAY #1

Last edited by red lantern randy; 09-06-2009 at 03:54 AM.
red lantern randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #54
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

I believe Hal will wear a Sinestro Corps Ring and fight Nekron as a Yellow Lantern

Sinestro will sacrifice himself and Hal's GL ring becomes powerless and he uses Sinestro's ring to fight.

The Starheart is connected to the Red Lanterns.

Hal gets one of the entities.

Kyle gets the Blue Lantern or Indigo Entity.

John Stewart dies.

Mogo vs. Xanshi (Battle of the Millenia there)

Hal, Barry, Bart, Clark, Conner, Ollie, Diana, and Tora have some sort of special power to them to help beat Nekron and the Black Lanterns.

Wonder Woman becomes a Black Lantern.

Black Hand will revive Bruce's skull to find out that it isn't Batman and that it is someone else's skeleton.

Larfleeze will merge with the Orange Entity to become more powerful to defeat the Black Lanterns.

The Indigo Tribe will be able to revive some of the Black Lanterns.

The Starheart in Jade will revive her and break her free from the Black Lantern Ring.

The Chief from Doom Patrol will die.

Hal will save the day.

Don Hall and Dawn Granger have some connection to the White Light and will use that connection to some how make a White Ring that Hal or someone will get to defeat Nekron.

Ganthet and Sayd vs. Scar

Hal will attack the Guardians

Cyborg-Superman and the Manhunters will help fight against the Black Lanterns.

People who have died by Black Lanterns will be able to come back maybe not all but some, especially Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawk, and Garth (Tempest).

Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Firestorm will come back to life and maybe Ralph and Sue and completely lose the emotional impact of Identity Crisis.

Teen Titans will die.

Hal will kick ass.

Alan Scott might become the White Lantern, or if one of the GL's dies become a Green Lantern of the Corps.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #55
Mechinoid
Hal's Understudy

Everyone in the DC universe dies, and we find out that Superboy Prime in 'Earth Prime' became a well known comic writer and wrote everything that happens. The End.
Mechinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #56
Jade

I believe the whole key to stopping everything lies within the White Light, which coincidentally when all colors of the spectrum converge produce white light. I believe Don and Dawn both possess something within their soul which allow them to be the bearers of this mystical White light. They are two truly peaceful souls at harmony with themselves and all around them. This is what it means for all the colors to work together. They must be at harmony with each other.

I do believe Wonder Woman will become a Black Lantern. I believe one of her fallen enemies (wouldn't it be sweet if it were Ares?) OR perhaps someone she never saw coming will be the one to take her life and bring her to the darkness of Death. I also believe that SHE will play a key role in overcoming the curse of the Black Lanterns. Wonder Woman embodies all that is pure and good... and she is the Mistress of Truth. There's nothing more powerful than truth. There has to mean something there.

I've read that Jenni's connection to the Starheart will allow her to break her old, but one problem with this. Jenni gave up all her Starheart power to her father Alan and Kyle. Now unless they retcon this and explain that she does still possess SOME part of the Starheart, then I guess anything is possible.

There will be at least one current Lantern making a color change and I feel deep down one of them will die. Who I'm not sure. I keep getting a few vibes and I'm just not sure what to go with just yet.

At the end, once the White Light has been found and wielded, the Dead will live again and some old faces may be returning to life. This I have my fingers crossed for... For several characters.

AND Batman/Bruce Wayne is indeed not dead. He will find his way back to the present day... eventually!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #57
Raging_Kitty_Meow!

Some of my guesses for the outcome of Blackest Night

Situation 1: Hal gets exposed to all lights of the spectrum, then is killed by Black Hand. A Black ring attaches to him and he becomes the White Lantern.

Situation 2: All the entities combine into Sinestro and sacrifices himself to save the universe.

Situation 3: Every one aims their rings at Nekkron and it combines to make a White Light to destroy the Black Battery. (I hope this dosen't happen because it sounds very lame, like something from Power Ranger)
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #58
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304 View Post
Black Hand's use of Bruce Wayne's skull is a window for Bruce to come back.
i hope not.

i dont want GJ have to do anything in bringing bruce back, i leave that to Grant Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304 View Post
Ganthet will be the one to defeat Scar.
i could see this happening , but honestly i want the GL Guardians to do it.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 AM   #59
jwalker2010

Default Blackest Night Speculations

We are almost 4 books into the Blackest night event. Does anyone have any speculations on how it will end???

Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #60
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

There are plenty around the forum if you look.

There was also a "Blackest Night Time Capsule" thread created by Andrew which I am going to bring back, and merge some other threads with it.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #61
bubby3253

im thinking that after blackest night the guardians die and we have the surviving corps members.. with mogo also dying... we then might see the corps move into an elite corps since there is no other way of recruiting new ones so only the tough ones will survive... also... remember in GLC there was a secret corps within the corps that guy was a part of for a couple of issues along with that butterfly chick? i wounder if they'll make a comback?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 AM   #62
Maverick_GL

Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone. They were supposed to have a little mini-series actually, but it got scrapped. It's too bad though, because everyone liked the concept.

But your idea of an Elite Corps is a good one. Personally, I've always liked the times in history when the GLC is not running at full 3600 member capacity. Having 7200 Lanterns is even worse, simply because I don't think the comic needs that many. We don't even see 1% of the Lanterns showcased, hell we only see about .003 % in any relevant capacity at all (rough calculation of 25 lanterns out of 7200, but even that is probably high).

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 AM   #63
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone. They were supposed to have a little mini-series actually, but it got scrapped. It's too bad though, because everyone liked the concept.

But your idea of an Elite Corps is a good one. Personally, I've always liked the times in history when the GLC is not running at full 3600 member capacity. Having 7200 Lanterns is even worse, simply because I don't think the comic needs that many. We don't even see 1% of the Lanterns showcased, hell we only see about .003 % in any relevant capacity at all (rough calculation of 25 lanterns out of 7200, but even that is probably high).
Well, having alot of cannon foder for the story works in that way. The 7200 numbers providdes enoughtt numbers withouth needing to kill some characters. I still think the Corps is too small with 7200 members.

Last edited by Orion Pax; 09-15-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #64
Maverick_GL

To me it is more of an irrelevant # than anything else. Why not have 4 Lanterns per sector, or 10? If they REALLY wanted order, why not a Lantern from each planet? Or 2?

I understand the need for a large # of Lanterns from an "in comic" perspective, because that is the goal of the Guardians. But from a "looking in" perspective, the one we have as readers, I think more interesting stories could be told with fewer Lanterns. It would make the ones that are there seem that much more vital to the Universe, not as "cannon fodder in the next big war".

On that note, I'd actually like to see less wars amongst the Corps and more amongst alien planets. Like the Bounty Hunter Vs. Mercenaries arc or your latest one in the Masters. To me that is much more compelling than "Green Vs. Yellow, Blue Vs. Orange" etc. etc. There is no diplomacy in Corps Vs. Corps wars, it's just war. In ones where GLs would have to play peace keepers or defenders, I think there is more room for creativity.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Word is that the Corpse Corps is gone.
I don't remember reading that. In fact, they were reconfirmed as existing in Geoff's GLC/Sinestro Corps Secret Files just after the Sin War.

The thing about the Corpse is... they're out there... but the things they do, the kind of activities they're involved in... if they're doing their job properly, you wouldn't hear about it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #66
Maverick_GL

O.K. I was just going by memory when we were discussing them before. But the reader could still be privy to their actions, even if the GLC is not.

But this thread is getting derailed, perhaps I'll make a new one to discuss this.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #67
Raging_Kitty_Meow!

Thumbs up

All great ideas everyone...I didn't read one possibility that I didn't like!!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #68
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
To me it is more of an irrelevant # than anything else. Why not have 4 Lanterns per sector, or 10? If they REALLY wanted order, why not a Lantern from each planet? Or 2?
My theory?

Because they don't want an insurrection. The Guardians do several things their Lanterns disagree with, things that are necessary for the well-being of the universe. However, if you have a billion lanterns or some equally high number, those lanterns could start a rebellion against the Guardians. 7200 are a compromise. The Guardians could fight them if it ever came to that, but it's enough to take care of the universe on a normal day.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #69
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

hmm. gonna pitch mine.

Guy Gardner will kill Atrocitus, becomes leader of the Red Lanterns, but in a good way hehe.

and after BN is done. the GLC will have these so called RESERVES, who they can trust to rise up in the call for arms.

Last edited by Tons T; 09-15-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Tons T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #70
superpc
Guy's Drinking Buddy

i can't even begin to imagine how this will end. it can go like nothing we ever think of (which is what i'm hoping for, seeing from a while ago that i guessed correctly about nekron, i want to be surprised by the story!)

One thing for sure, nekron and krona won't die in this. you can't kill a good villain, you may need them in the future.
superpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #71
tommyofshaolin
Green Lantern Initiate

I believe that the only way someone can avoid being taken by a Black Lantern, and subsequently exposing their weakness and destroying them is to be "At Peace" with oneself. Most of our heroes have suffered several setbacks, or had moral or ethical issues, maybe suffering tragic events. I think the tactic of using the dead that are close to the heroes is to keep them emotionally stirred. Firstly so the Black Lantern can consume their emotion filled hearts, and to stop them from being able to somehow overcome the Black Lanterns. The heroes are going to be forced to come to terms with the messed up events they have fought through the past decade or so. Like Hal's dad's death, Wonder Woman murdering someone, or even Barry's confusion about his return. That's what "At Peace" means. You aren't devoid of emotion, but you are in control of them. We can see several heroes with conflicting emotions, Like Clark and Kyle. This is because they are faced with Black Lanterns who were very close to them doing horrible things. So as soon as Hal or someone figures out that letting go of the past and being "at Peace with oneself" will allow them to fight back, they will start dealing with their own emotions and kick some butt.
tommyofshaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #72
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer

Why does everyone think that Krona is going to have something to do with Blackest Night?

Once Blackest Night is over, I'm guessing the Guardians will be dead along with John Stewart.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #73
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Maybe because Krona is Entropy?
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #74
FrEaKjOkErXXX
Torch Bearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Maybe because Krona is Entropy?
Krona supposedly was trapped at the end of Trinity.
FrEaKjOkErXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #75
superpc
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
Why does everyone think that Krona is going to have something to do with Blackest Night?
well krona is a known associate of nekron and in nekron original appearance (tales of the green lantern corps way back in 1981) krona is nekron henchman of sort. i would be really surprised if krona didn't make an appearance in blackest night.
superpc is offline   Reply With Quote