Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old Yesterday, 01:52 AM   #6726
Space Cop
The Dandy

The Last Broadcast (1998)

"Fact or Fiction goes live."

So boring. I wanted to see it (1) because it's in the context of the legend of the Jersey Devil [whose stomping ground is like an hour away]; (2) it's notable in horror history for beating out Blair Witch Project to the found footage thing, but didn't get the fame (I don't like either film, but BWP is more compelling).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HAND View Post
Funeral Home was pretty boring IMO. A cheap, meandering Psycho rip off if I remember correctly. That normally wouldn't be enough to turn me off to a movie, it just moves very slowly.
Completely. It's weird because the whole thing feels like you're supposed to be shocked by the ending, but the only people who might be would be someone who never saw (or heard of the ending of) Psycho.

Quote:
I watched Escape From New York last night; tonight is Halloween. Yeah I am having a Carpenter love fest, it's that time of year.
You should watch The Fog too. My favorite Carpenter movie is actually Big Trouble in Little China, but I stick to the horror ones this month.

Last edited by Space Cop; Yesterday at 01:55 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #6727
BLACK HAND
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
You should watch The Fog too. My favorite Carpenter movie is actually Big Trouble in Little China, but I stick to the horror ones this month.
I've seen the Fog multiple times, once with Tom Atkins in attendance (same with Halloween 3, twice). I love it, great ghost story, it's a slow burn but really creepy and effectual.

My favorite JC flick will always be Halloween but I might save that one for closer to the holiday.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #6728
Space Cop
The Dandy

Visiting Hours (1981)

"You've triggered a psychopath."

More of a thriller, but pretty good (not great). A TV reporter (Lee Grant) takes the side of a battered woman and gets the attention of a misogynistic serial killer (Michael Ironside), who puts her in the hospital and then goes there to finish the job. William Shatner plays the lady's producer and presumably sometimes boyfriend. As someone who has spent a lot of time in hospitals, I thought they did a good job on playing on a patient's sense of vulnerability (they do the same for battered women) in that environment.

Quote:
I've seen the Fog multiple times, once with Tom Atkins in attendance (same with Halloween 3, twice). I love it, great ghost story, it's a slow burn but really creepy and effectual.

My favorite JC flick will always be Halloween but I might save that one for closer to the holiday.
Yeah, I've been working my way through the Halloween set, but rather than end on Zombie's sequel, I decided to save the original for Halloween night.

I met Tom Atkins at a con too. And I picked my DVD cover to Fog for him to sign. He didn't intro any of the movies that day (which I love when they do), but he was on a Night of the Creeps panel. He was pretty cool. He was one of those guys I actually got to talk to for a few minutes.

Last edited by Space Cop; Yesterday at 06:12 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #6729
BLACK HAND
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Tom is a totally laid back dude. I went to see Halloween 3 with him in attendance, I don't normally talk to celebs or wait in line for signatures, but he said "hey how's it going" to me as soon as I walked in the door in a very casual, conversational way, and we spoke a little, I don't even remember what about. Really my buddy Vinny dominated the conversation (he has a super deep voice and has no problem hucking it up with whoever); I did end up buying a Halloween 3 poster signed by him and that lady that starred with him in H3, it was a good night. John Carpenter is coming to town in November for his music show, will definitely be there for that, pre-ordered tickets.

Visiting Hours is great. Michael Ironside plays crazy so very well, I think he might be one of my favorite actors.
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #6730
Space Cop
The Dandy

Halloween Resurrection (2002)

"America don't like reality."

Quote:
...Visiting Hours is great. Michael Ironside plays crazy so very well, I think he might be one of my favorite actors.

Wow. It's tough to stump you. I tought of Visiting Hours and Funeral Home as pretty obscure, but you've not only seen them, but have a firm opinion and memory of both.
Old Today, 05:21 AM   #6731
robojac
Weaponer of Qward

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (2016)

robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #6732
BLACK HAND
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Wow. It's tough to stump you. I tought of Visiting Hours and Funeral Home as pretty obscure, but you've not only seen them, but have a firm opinion and memory of both.
Ha well I wrote a review for Visiting Hours and Funeral Home for my little blog so I cheat. I've been swimming in this Velveeta for years. Here's the Visiting Hours one....

http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/2011...tng-hours.html