The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 11-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #1151
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I've been waiting for him to show up in Arrow ever since they brought in the Huntress....

~M~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:19 PM   #1152
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M- View Post
I've been waiting for him to show up in Arrow ever since they brought in the Huntress....

~M~
when i met david ramsey who plays diggle i pitched to him about having david duchovney as the question. he actually liked it. seriously if you get a chance to meet him do so because he really is a chill dude and spent ten minutes chatting whatever with all the fans

we ended up discussing x files lol

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #1153
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
im calling bs because wb already said arrow cant use suicide squad anymore to to the movie being seperate from the arrow universe.
How Utilizing DC Comics Is Changing Warner Bros.
Quote:
For many years, the structure of Time-Warner — the parent company of Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, HBO and a number of other companies — was roughly analogous to Westeros. Seven (or more) roughly aligned kingdoms with shifting priorities and political stakes. It meant trouble if, say, Warner Bros. Animation wanted to use the Joker in an episode of Justice League Unlimited, but the character was held “in reserve” for an upcoming film.

Or, more recently, Arrow shifting away from the Suicide Squad as the film shifted into fast development.

The “silo mentality” is an important element in understanding how the company and all its subsidiaries operate. In regard to characters like Oliver Queen, Barry Allen and Kara Danvers, DC Entertainment stood at the center managing the characters like the old Hollywood studio system lending out an actor to a rival firm. But Variety reports, the silo mentality is changing and the television shows based on the DC Comics characters are at the heart of a greater spirit of corporate synergy.

According to the report, the change began shortly after Warner Bros. chairman-CEO Kevin Tsujihara took the Iron Throne (if you’ll forgive the Westerosi metaphor). At an early meeting, he announced DC Entertainment’s properties, previously all regarded as first dibs for Warner Bros. Pictures, would be available to all the divisions.

Soon after, Tsujihara began to hold bi-weekly DC strategy sessions with DC Entertainment’s Diane Nelson and Geoff Johns, Sue Kroll and Greg Silverman of Warner Bros. Pictures Warner TV’s Peter Roth.

The results were most immediate on television, with multiple DC properties now appearing three nights a week. Soon, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will bring that number to four. And while each division is mindful of what the others are doing, they are free to develop ideas independently.

“If there are any issues or sensitivities, we hash it out in the room,” Nelson told Variety. “It no longer feels like a hierarchical situation where film will trump television.”

That change in hierarchy is also spreading to non-DC related projects and divisions. HBO and Warner TV co-produce “The Leftovers,” which appears on the premium cable outlet. Warner Bros. Animation now produces more content for sibling Tuner Entertainment’s Cartoon Network than ever before.

Of course, there are still hiccups, like the removal of the Suicide Squad from Arrow, but the companies in the Warner family are embracing a change in their mentalities guided by streamlining the use of DC’s assets.

“We are all facing different challenges, creating a real urgency for us to work together,” Tsujihara said. “I think the cultures of each of the businesses are changing, and the culture of Time Warner is changing.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission
its known wb stated many times the tv shows and films wont connect
That just means they won't use the same version, doesn't mean they can't have multiple versions of the character a la the multiverse.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:36 AM   #1154
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
How Utilizing DC Comics Is Changing Warner Bros.

That just means they won't use the same version, doesn't mean they can't have multiple versions of the character a la the multiverse.
i never said they couldnt but stephen amell has stated many times himself in interviews the shows and movies will have nothing to do with eachother. i mean look at arrow season 3 as a prime example out of a 23 episode season we had one where death stroke was in and manu bennet himself went on record being upset that the show couldnt use his charachter because the powers that be want to use death stroke for a film plus notice how they never did anything more with suiside squad and killed off deadshot. i mean my god people have been harrassing candace patton about how grant should be the movie flash and yadda yadda. it is what it is and i think ill stick to what actors have said for going on past 2 years than latino review. the only way ill believe that is if snyder came out and confirmed it and i think right now the focus is on wonder woman being spun off on top of flash and aquaman so adding black canary makes no sense whatsoever

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-25-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:45 AM   #1155
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
i never said they couldnt but stephen amell has stated many times himself in interviews the shows and movies will have nothing to do with eachother. i mean look at arrow season 3 as a prime example out of a 23 episode season we had one where death stroke was in and manu bennet himself went on record being upset that the show couldnt use his charachter because the powers that be want to use death stroke for a film plus notice how they never did anything more with suiside squad and killed off deadshot. i mean my god people have been harrassing candace patton about how grant should be the movie flash and yadda yadda. it is what it is and i think ill stick to what actors have said for going on past 2 years than latino review. the only way ill believe that is if snyder came out and confirmed it and i think right now the focus is on wonder woman being spun off on top of flash and aquaman so adding black canary makes no sense whatsoever
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

They can have a Black Canary in the movies and a Black Canary on the tv shows, they'll just be played by different actresses and have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The fact that there's already a Black Canary on tv isn't going to stop them since they're completely separate universes and the movie studio undoubtedly has greater pull than the tv division.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:47 AM   #1156
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

They can have a Black Canary in the movies and a Black Canary on the tv shows, they'll just be played by different actresses and have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The fact that there's already a Black Canary on tv isn't going to stop them since they're completely separate universes and the movie studio undoubtedly has greater pull than the tv division.
well as i said ill wait till snyder or wb confirm it. i think right now its just bs similar to how darkseid is rumored as the baddy . with solo films like wonder woman and aquaman imo i think those are 2 films that need the most attention instead of adding black canary to justice leauge. i mean really what would be the point of black canary if nothing will come from it like its own standalone?

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-25-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #1157
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Report: Major BATMAN Villain Cast In ARROW

CW's DC TV universe may not be able to use the Caped Crusader, but many of his villains have found their way to Star City. Add one more to that list, in Arrow season 4.
TVLine reports that Everwood actor Tom Amandes has been cast as Noah Kuttler, A.K.A. the Calculator, the criminal genius who, in comic books, has often served as a villainous counterpoint to Batman's ally Oracle.

The report does not state in which episode Calculator will debut, but does say that he will use his intellect to blackmail Roy Harper, whose return to the series was recently announced.

http://www.newsarama.com/26921-repor...-in-arrow.html

Old 11-25-2015, 04:33 AM   #1158
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Supergirl’: Superman to Be Introduced This Season … as a Teenager

TV Line notes, the actor the show is looking for will be 13 years old “with future leading man looks.” He will make his appearance in the 13th episode of the 22-episode season, in the form of flashbacks meant to portray the relationship he and Kara share. Kara, aka Supergirl, is the younger cousin of Superman, but it is not exactly sure by how much. Either way, it is safe to assume they will probably bring in a young Supergirl to accompany the young Superman.

It is interesting that they clearly state they are looking for an actor with “future leading man looks.” Is it their intent that he simply needs to be good-looking? Or are they planning for flashbacks to be a recurring aspect of the series, and they need someone for more than a one-off episode? I’m not sure how long CBS expects the series to go on for, but it’s possible the actor would have to grow up on screen. Of course that depends on how frequent they plan for his appearances to be, as well as in what capacity. Obviously it won’t be as the Superman we know, and given the age, it begs another question: How established will he be as a full-blown superhero? Also of interest is if they plan on bringing in his adopted parents, the Kents.

As far as de-aging the most famous character in the franchise goes, Gotham has been doing a similar thing. The show tells a story that focuses more on Gordon and the establishment of the villains Batman will eventually fight, with appearances by the young Bruce Wayne throughout. Fans reactions have been mixed to this treatment of a precious comic book character, but regardless, Supergirl and the audience will be meeting her famous cousin sooner than perhaps thought.

http://collider.com/supergirl-superm...collidersocial

Old 11-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #1159
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Report: Major BATMAN Villain Cast In ARROW

TVLine reports that Everwood actor Tom Amandes has been cast as Noah Kuttler, A.K.A. the Calculator...
Calculator is a "major" Batman villain? Minor villains would really have to scrape the barrel if Calculator is a major.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #1160
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Wonder Woman Set Photos Appear To Confirm WWI Setting
Old 11-30-2015, 10:26 PM   #1161
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Calculator is a "major" Batman villain? Minor villains would really have to scrape the barrel if Calculator is a major.
i want to see crazy quilt on arrow one day. hopefully they make him look bad ass

Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #1162
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Looks like we'll be getting two more DC games from WB Games Montreal (Arkham Origins).
Old 12-04-2015, 02:27 AM   #1163
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 12-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #1164
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

That's not as shocking as they think LOL

~M~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #1165
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

I'm hoping we're getting a Suicide Squad and a Justice League game!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #1166
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Even though the chances of this are nil, I would be most excited if this were a campy adventure game using the Adam West Batman.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:54 AM   #1167
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:23 AM   #1168
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I hate CBS for not putting its current shows on Hulu....

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:42 AM   #1169
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

But will they finish The Walking Dead?!?!?!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #1170
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I hate CBS for not putting its current shows on Hulu....
why? theres PLENTY of other places U can watch the shows U've missed........

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #1171
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I know, but I reheheheheally don't like watching things on my laptop

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #1172
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Latino Review: Will Smith Might Just Join Ben Affleck's 'The Batman' Movie
Old 12-11-2015, 01:15 AM   #1173
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

WONDER WOMAN FILMING IN THE BOURNE WOODS
Old 12-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #1174
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I really hope the Wonder Woman film is both a box office and critical success, as it's probably my most anticipated solo hero flick on the horizon.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #1175
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

New Character posters