The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #1276
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Is that even remotely possible? Would they be willing to LET Netflix do that? I figured the fact that those shows kept ending up on CN despite the fact that CN so horribly mishandles them meant that they would never consider another distribution channel no matter HOW much sense it made.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #1277
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I think WB/DC would consider it if Netflix wants it given the success of the Marvel stuff.

It would presumably depend on whether the rights still remain with CN or whether they've reverted to WB, and even if they remain with CN maybe they'd relinquish them. It's not unheard of for a cancelled show to get new life on another network so while I think it's unlikely it's certainly possible.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #1278
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Quote:
"[Green Lantern] is an incredible character. He’s actually multiple incredible characters," Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice producer Greg Silverman explains to Entertainment Weekly. "There’s real opportunity there. We didn’t do a great job on that first Green Lantern movie. This is a character who deserves to be treated in the same way that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman are being treated now, which is with great reverence. I guess I can say to the Green Lantern fans: if they can be patient with us, I think they’ll be really happy."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...iverse-a131669

So are you patient enough??

Quote:
Patient is something most of us aren't, but we may have no choice in this instant, because Warner Bros. are in no rush to introduce the hero. "Every beat of the movie is not yet worked out. So there’s the possibility that he may or may not be in Justice League 2. For now, we felt that we were introducing enough characters that the best possible place we could put Green Lantern is some introduction in Justice League 2, or barring that, a movie after." It was previously rumoured that Green Lantern would show up at the end of part one, but it's clear that no firm decision has been made. As a result, it could be a very long time until we get any casting news.

Last edited by Shaolinlantern; 03-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Shaolinlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #1279
Mister Ed

That's a bit too much patience for my mind. To have GL left out of the Justice League movies (even if he shows up a bit toward the end of 2) when he should be an integral part of the team, in my mind, tends to negate anything they might say about wanting to make Green Lantern fans happy with their treatment of the character.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #1280
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, what's the alternative to being patient? Accept crappy GL movies? Commit suicide? If so, I'll be patient.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #1281
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

A Rare Interview With Frank Miller: 'Dark Knight,' the Unmade Darren Aronofsky Batman Movie, and Donald Trump
Quote:
You worked with Darren Aronofsky on a Batman movie project that never got made. What happened there?

It was the first time I worked on a Batman project with somebody whose vision of Batman was darker than mine. My Batman was too nice for him. We would argue about it, and I'd say, "Batman wouldn't do that, he wouldn't torture anybody," and so on. We hashed out a screenplay, and we were wonderfully compensated, but then Warner Bros. read it and said, "We don't want to make this movie." The executive wanted to do a Batman he could take his kids to. And this wasn't that. It didn't have the toys in it. The Batmobile was just a tricked-out car. And Batman turned his back on his fortune to live a street life so he could know what people were going through. He built his own Batcave in an abandoned part of the subway. And he created Batman out of whole cloth to fight crime and a corrupt police force.
SNYDER CALLS DC FILMS' SUPERHERO RULES "STRICT," WILL REPRESENT WONDER WOMAN "CORRECTLY"
Quote:
"We've been strict with our rules," "BvS" director Zack Snyder says in an interview with "WIRED" (transcribed form tomorrow's print edition by Via Superman Homepage). "What they can do -- Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg -- we really are hard on ourselves, because we want all those things to have a reality, a mythological grounding."

Snyder also spoke about the big screen debut of Wonder Woman, pointing to his personal filmography as proof that he's the right director to introduce her to a new audience. "Female empowerment is a thing I've gone after in all my films," Snyder says. "They all have strong female representation. It's about time Wonder Woman was represented correctly."

As for "Dawn of Justice's" inciting incident, trailers have revealed that it's Superman's climactic -- and controversial -- battle with Zod in "Man of Steel" that sets the wheels in motion for the titular showdown. And, much like Batman, Snyder points to the latter incident as being more important to the movie that Zod's death at Superman's hands.

"To me, the killing of Zod is not as big a deal as the destruction of Metropolis. It's important that these movies have consequences, that there is collateral damage. In 'Batman v Superman' I wanted to show how Bruce Wayne feels when reduced to a sideline sitter. Batman is frightened by his impotence in the face of that."
Old 03-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #1282
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, what's the alternative to being patient? Accept crappy GL movies? Commit suicide? If so, I'll be patient.
Realistically the alternative is to be IMPATIENT. We have no choice but to wait until they give us something, but we don't have to be gracious or patient about it. I'm inclined to be resigned rather than patient. Those ARE different, right?
Old 03-04-2016, 01:17 AM   #1283
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Realistically the alternative is to be IMPATIENT. We have no choice but to wait until they give us something, but we don't have to be gracious or patient about it. I'm inclined to be resigned rather than patient. Those ARE different, right?
I was in a really long line at the bank the other day and the teller greeted my with "Welcome back to Well Fargo, thank you for your patience." I was really tempted to say "how do you know I was patient? Because I'm not cursing or shooting?"
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:04 PM   #1284
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

This sounded like Josh Trank's Fant4stic, just way off base. I sure the interweb would go batshit crazy if they heard this movie went into production and this information was released.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:50 PM   #1285
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Oh, Zack Snyder. Snyder said he wanted to represent Superman correctly too before the release of the Man of Steel. After Man of Steel, Snyder said that he and Goyer wanted to make the killing of Zod a big deal, which is why they pushed for it. They killing of Zod was suppose to help Superman develop a moral code which was suppose to have been explore in the Man of Steel sequel. However, Snyder does make it a point to emphasize the consequences of the collateral damage cause super heroes fighting and doesn't shy away from it in BvS as the trailers show Batman and Superman throwing/crashing with each other through buildings.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:09 AM   #1286
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT'S "SANDMAN" ADAPTATION ADDS HORROR WRITER ERIC HEISSERER
Quote:
Horror writer Eric Heisserer, who has worked on remakes like "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and "The Thing," will pen New Line's adaptation of "Sandman," according to The Hollywood Reporter. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is attached as director and star to the project, which New Line hopes will become a trilogy.

Late last year, producer David S. Goyer announced that the film's script, originally written by Jack Thorne, was being reworked by "a really fantastic writer." It is unclear at this time if Heisserer was the writer he was referring to.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #1287
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

LOL Probably not.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM   #1288
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Exits Neil Gaiman Adaptation ‘Sandman’
Old 03-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #1289
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Ugh, they're gunna butcher it.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:52 AM   #1290
Fearless
Agent Orange

That seems to fit with the general vibe of things, yeah.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #1291
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

'Justice League' Adds J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive)
Quote:
The Justice League has found its Commissioner Gordon.

Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been cast as the Gotham City police commissioner.

Justice League, which will be directed by Zack Snyder, sees heroes Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) teaming up to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities.

Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay for Justice League, which will be released in two parts by Warner Bros. It's produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder.

Justice League: Part One will start shooting in mid-April. It's slated for release on Nov 17, 2017 while Part Two will hit theaters on June 14, 2019. Warner Bros.' next DC film will be Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters on March 25.

The DC Comics character Commissioner James Gordon has been played by a slew of actors over the years, including Lyle Talbot in the 1949 series Batman and Robin, Neil Hamilton in the TV series Batman in the 1960s, Pat Hingle in the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movie franchise, and most recently, by Gary Oldman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight films. The character is an integral part of the Batman literary mythos and is the lead character in Gotham, Fox's take on Gordon's early days, where he is played by Ben McKenzie.

Simmons is already a familiar face in the superhero world as he played publisher J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies.

Simmons has been very busy since winning the best supporting actor Oscar for Whiplash in 2015. He’s reteaming with Damien Chazelle for his musical La La Land, and he voices a character in this past weekend’s big hit animated film Zootopia. He recently joined Mark Wahlberg in the Boston bombing film Patriots’ Day, and he’ll be seen in The Meddler with Susan Sarandon and Rose Byrne, which is due out in April. His other projects in post including The Accountant with Ben Affleck, Bastards with Owen Wilson and Ed Helms and The Snowman with Michael Fassbender. He’s repped by Gersh.
Jeff Nichols Explains Why He Backed Out of Directing ‘Aquaman
Quote:
One of the many intriguing aspects of the Sony e-mail leak was the news that Warner Bros. was in talks with Jeff Nichols (the upcoming Midnight Special) to direct the Aquaman spinoff. We know now, over a year later, that Warner Bros. eventually hired James Wan to direct Aquaman, but I caught up with Nichols today to get the full story on what happened to his version of the film, and why he eventually decided to walk away.

Nichols admits that he was in talks to direct Aquaman, but joked, “If you were a director working on the Warner Bros. lot over the past few years, someone is going to ask you about a DC character at some point.” While working primarily on indie movies like Mud and Take Shelter over the past few years, Nichols had been eager to work at the studio level, primarily with Warner Bros., a studio he felt was particularly artist friendly. He was equally as eager to work on a larger budget, but despite some “fun conversations,” never felt fully comfortable working within the confines of the DC Cinematic Universe.

But, you now [sighs] the trick with ‘Midnight Special’ is even though it was made at the studio, they gave me a lot of control over the process. And I don’t just mean control over final cut, but it felt like we were making one of my movies. I had my team. I had my family there. My crew. We made the movie we all wanted to make. With the DC universe, so many parts of it had been activated and so many decisions had already been made that it felt more and more — and Warner Bros. agreed — that it was me trying to jump on a moving train. That’s not so much what I’m good at. I’m more of a ground up kinda guy.

Aquaman had already been cast at this point (Jason Momoa), his costume designed and there had been at least one script in development, so it’s not surprising Nichols was at least weary of joining a project so far along. But, there is certainly no shortage of characters in the DC universe that are getting their own movie, would he want to return and develop one of those characters?

Not really. Because, it’s all a connected universe. And it should be. And I was an advocate of that. The decisions that Zack (Snyder) is going to make in Batman vs. Superman, those all connect to things that are going to happen in Justice League and all that. And I was a huge comic book nerd, so I know all these characters and they all need to be beautifully webbed together. I was just far enough on the outside that I could develop things in a vacuum all day long but it wasn’t going to line up with everything they had planned.

It’s a common complaint among superhero directors: much of the movie is laid out for you when you sign on to direct. Joss Whedon has famously said that entire scenes were storyboarded before he even wrote his script for the first Avengers (he had considerably more input in Age of Ultron). Even Wan, who replaced Nichols on Aquaman, has said that some of his work on Fast and Furious 7 was dictated by existing stunts/set pieces the studio wanted in the film. It’s impressive to know that a director, who also happens to be a huge comic fan, had the foresight to realize this would be a problem and the temerity to turn down a highly lucrative job.

Nichols said he hasn’t yet written his next script, but don’t expect it to star any superheroes. We’ll have much more from Nichols on Midnight Special after the film makes its premiere at SXSW later this week.

Aquaman is set to open in theaters on July 27, 2018.
DC Comics' 'Scalped' Among WGN America's Pilot Orders
Quote:
WGN America, fresh off canceling critical darling Manhattan, has picked up two new drama pilots, including a DC Comics adaptation.

Ordered to pilot are DC's Scalped, with Geoff Johns attached, and Roadside Picnic, based on the novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.

Scalped is described as a modern-day crime story set in the world of a Native American Indian reservation. It explores power, loyalty and spirituality in a community led by the ambitious chief Lincoln Red Crow as he reckons with Dashiell Bad Horse, who has returned home after years away from the reservation.

Banshee's Doug Jung will pen the script and executive produce the DC Comics series originally written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by R.M. Guéra. DC Entertainment creative director Johns is attached to exec produce the drama, which hails from Warner Horizon Television. Insiders say WGN America is eyeing an all Native American cast.

The 60-issue monthly comic was first published by DC imprint Vertigo in 2007 and was partly inspired by the 1975 arrest of Native American activist Leonard Peltier. Peltier was arrested for the slaying of two FBI agents in a reservation shootout.

This marks the latest DC Comics take on the small screen and, should the pilot move to series, would join Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Gotham. It's also the latest pilot in the works for DC and joins NBC comedy Powerless, starring Vanessa Hudgens.

Roadside Picnic, meanwhile, explores a near-future world where aliens have come and gone, leaving humankind to explore the wondrous and dangerous mysteries left behind as well as the societal ramifications of their visit, as seen through the eyes of Red, a veteran “stalker” who has made it his life to illegally venture into the once-inhabited zone and scavenge the abandoned remains of the alien culture.

Alien: Covenant's Jack Paglen will pen the script and exec produce alongside Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones, Mad Men), with the latter set to direct the pilot. The project is produced by Sony Pictures Television and studio-based Original Film. Original Film's Vivian Cannon and Neil Moritz are also on board to exec produce.

Roadside Picnic was first published in 1971 and has been published in more than 20 countries. The novel was the inspiration behind the 1979 feature Stalker.

For WGN America, the two pilots come as the cable network is looking to lure eyeballs in a crowded landscape with big studio buys. Should either or both move to series, they would join a roster that also includes Salem, the cabler's first original scripted drama, as well as recently launched Outsiders and the upcoming Underground. Also in the works is a 10 Commandments miniseries.

Last edited by Hypo; 03-07-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #1292
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
DC Super Hero Girls is getting its own one-hour special on Boomerang: Super Hero High. For those who aren't aware of the program, DC Super Hero Girls is a transmedia comic book universe created by DC Comics, WB Animation, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and Mattel. They launched the DC Super Hero Girls web series back in October, casting your favorite DC superheroes as teens at the same super-powered high school.
Quote:
Super Hero High will be a one-hour special featuring the line-up of female superheroes from DC Super Hero Girls. The special airs Saturday, March 19th at 10 a.m. Here's the official synopsis:

Super Hero High is buzzing with excitement over new student, Supergirl. But when Supergirl crash lands into the cafeteria, it's evident that though she has incredible power, she has a long way to go before she becomes a Super Hero. Too intimidated by the other supers to ask them for assistance, Supergirl turns to helpful I.T. girl, Barbara Gordon. Barbara takes Supergirl under her wing and introduces her to the sweet, old librarian, Granny Goodness. As Barbara helps Supergirl learn to harness her powers, Wonder Woman joins them and becomes a mentor and friend to Supergirl. Meanwhile, the Junior Detective Club (The Flash, Bumblebee and Hawkgirl) investigates a mysterious rash of security breaches centered around the teleportation “Boom Tubes.” Could it all be because of reformed Super-Villain and Super Hero High Vice-Principal Gorilla Grodd – or something far worse?

In addition to the special, DC Super Hero Girls will also have some exclusive shorts available via the Cartoon Network video app.
Quote:
Just because NBC's DC Comics sitcom "Powerless" features a lead cast of human characters doesn't mean the show will be void of superheroes. A new batch of photos from the set of "Powerless'" pilot, which has been ordered by the network, reveals that the DC superhero Crimson Fox will play a role in the pilot. The set photos depict an unnamed actress in Crimson Fox's suit and interacting with a large object that will be finalized with visual effects.

Quote:
Crimson Fox was created by Keith Giffen and Bart Sears and debuted in 1989's "Justice League Europe" #6. She's a French superhero with the powers of pheromone manipulation as well as enhanced speed and agility. Her suit is also equipped with steel talons.

"Powerless" will take place at "one of the worst insurance companies in America" that just so happens to be set in the DC Comics universe. True to grounded nature of the sitcom, all three cast members will play normal humans living in a world populated with superheroes. The series will star Vanessa Hudgens as Emily Locke, described as "an insurance claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people... [and] likes to fly under the radar and just get her work done." Nevertheless, Locke "finds herself increasingly exasperated by the disruptive antics of the various Super Heroes that proliferate in her city." The series will also star Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi and Christina Kirk.

The sitcom has been picked up as a pilot for NBC and is described as being similar to "The Office" -- except set in a world filled with superheroes. Ben Queen will write and executive produce the "Powerless" pilot alongside Michael Patrick Jann, who is also signed to direct
Old 03-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #1293
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 03-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #1294
W.West

Powerless is going to suck. I hate to be that guy, but this doesn't look pretty.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #1295
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Powerless is going to suck. I hate to be that guy, but this doesn't look pretty.
I really enjoyed The Tick, both animated AND live action versions (though the animated was better), so I know a sitcom in a world of superheroes CAN be fun...but if you are going to focus on non-supers? I dunno.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-08-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #1296
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

New Stills of PREACHER's CUSTER, TULIP & CASSIDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
And an interview with Dan Amboyer, who could end up being a major DC character or just a minor one in BvS.

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Probably not though.

Last edited by Hypo; 03-10-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 AM   #1297
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

So on TV...

The Flash is a guy in red in the comics, but they put him in a brown costume for TV.

The Crimson Fox has a brown costume in the comics, but the TV version has a red costume.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:55 AM   #1298
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

um crimson is a form of red.

and the flash costume isn't brown in the show.

quit being a h8ter dave.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:57 AM   #1299
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

He can't help it, he's old and curmudgeonly.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #1300
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer