Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^It doesn't seem like a bad move in and of itself. I'm all for streamlining and building brand awareness. The problem is it will only work if they allow the same creative freedom that Vertigo used to have. And that is probably expecting too much.

Comment

• I think returning to the creative freedom of Vertigo's wonder years is off the table for good. Thankfully that niche has been filled by other companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        I think returning to the creative freedom of Vertigo's wonder years is off the table for good. Thankfully that niche has been filled by other companies.
        True, but it's a shame that the top two don't take a few more chances.

Comment

• Even if they were open to taking the same chances creatively I'm not sure it would cause a revival, with how they reportedly changed the Veritgo contracts and with the rise of Image I think the horse has just left the barn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Even if they were open to taking the same chances creatively I'm not sure it would cause a revival, with how they reportedly changed the Veritgo contracts and with the rise of Image I think the horse has just left the barn.

Comment

• That is a great gif! I'm stealing that!!!

Comment

• EW: Joe Hill is writing and overseeing a new line of DC horror comics

Comment

• Comment

• I read the press release yesterday. This sounds really awesome, and really like it should have been the next big Vertigo thing.

Comment

• With these two announcements DC's publishing state seems kind of weird to me right now as I thought they'd be veering away from Vertigo type books in the short term since they just shuttered the imprint. That being said I will never say no to more Joe Hill comics.

Now if they could just fix Nightwing that would be fucking great.

Comment

• I don't think they ever meant to steer away from Vertigo type books. They're just restructuring their imprints. Vertigo, Zoom and Ink are gone, now they just have DC Comics and Black Label, with various labels within those two. DC Comics has Wonder Comics, Young Animal and Wildstorm for example, Black Label will have the Hill books or the Sandman Universe stuff.
                        That doesn't make it any less complicated, and they're flushing away the brand recognition of 30 years of Vertigo. But I'm sure they think that they know what they're doing...

Comment

• That Last God 12 part miniseries sounds like it could be pretty good. I may try the 1st issue.

Comment

• I'm sitting at a panel at CCXP, a new comic convention here in my hometown of Cologne, Germany, and Brian Azzarello just said that Vertigo closed down because nobody was buying the books. His recent series at Boom, Faithless, is selling twice as many copies as 100 Bullets: Brother Lono.

Everyone seems to be waiting for the tpb, hardly anyone then actually buys them.

Boom, Aftershock and Image are different.

Comment

• Yea, that's not exactly news as Bleeding Cool has touched on that a few times over the past few years. Per BC the 2015 Vertigo relaunch was doomed by poor monthly issue sales as the decisions to cancel titles had already been made by the time to trade sales rolled in. They've also mentioned how the brand is considered borderline toxic to some retailers now as the books are viewed as Image-lite and don't sell as well.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X