X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or he's talking about the ra's hallucination

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Batman was a hallucination? For real? I understood it as he cheated his way out of death with the auto pilot thingy and somehow ditched the Bat right before the explosion. And while everyone in Gotham thought he was dead, he really wasn't. Was I wrong?
      oh shit i thought you meant the ras thing
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Unbroken (2014)

" If you can take it, you can make it."

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          oh shit i thought you meant the ras thing
          OH OH OH...no, I was talking about Bruce Wayne. lOl

But in any event, pretty much anything could happen.
          Jeff
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Jeff; 05-03-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• The Slime People (1963)

"So long, you characters!"

A sportscaster/pilot makes an emergency landing at a small-plane airport in the outskirts of LA and quickly learns that hordes of spear-wielding, hunch-backed, scaled subterranean monster-men! Egads!

Yeah, this is MST3K material (I did not have the fortune of watching that particular version of it, though). I'll try to put a positive spin on my review, though:

Hey kids, do you like slime? Do you like people? Well then, you'll just love The Slime People!

They may look more ugly and/or stupid than scary, but this is from when your grandparents were your age, so that's okay!

And hey, they're dangerous! They blend in naturally with the fog-drenched streets of downtown Los Angeles, making them super-sneaky and impossible to see or hear coming! You heard right: you can't hear them coming, even when they're gurgling louder and more frequently than Aunt Mildred after eating that rhubarb pie she's not supposed to have!

What's more, the Slime People have a wildly advanced arsenal: they can lower the natural temperature of the area to match their normal habitat, and spread a fog that hardens faster and is more unbreakable than five-week-old yams. The machine producing it also resembles a trash can with an inflatable, brightly-colored balloon on top, and is so sensitive it explodes when hit with a spear! And speaking of spears, that's what these genius savages use as their only weapons, in spite of a chemical mastery that exceeds mankind's! No wonder the Army couldn't stop them!

You'll just love the cast: the main hero is also the director of the film (such a brilliant move he made there!), and he's backed up by a dashing young man who used to be in the Marines (he's so tough and brave!). Helping them figure out how to go from point A to point B is an older gentleman who is the scientist/father of two stereotypical---I mean, wonderful young ladies, each of whom falls inexplicably---I mean, deeply in love with each of the heroes! Isn't love just grand?

And make sure to stop by the local butcher shop to pick up some 59-cent beef stew to chow on while you're watching The Slime People terrorize your living room!
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• /\. Was Corman involved with this somehow? I think I might have this movie on one of those 20 horror films anthologies.

Comment

• So far as I can tell, no, he wasn't. It's compared to his work, but Robert Hutton (main character/director) is behind this thing.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• If Corman was linked it would have had the AIP logo (or New World Pictures post 70s) where it says Hutten Enterprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    So far as I can tell, no, he wasn't. It's compared to his work, but Robert Hutton (main character/director) is behind this thing.
                    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    If Corman was linked it would have had the AIP logo (or New World Pictures post 70s) where it says Hutten Enterprise.
                    Ah, thanks for the info, gentlemen. Certainly reminds me of a Corman flick.

Comment

• Braddock: Missing in Action III (1988)

"I don't step on toes, Littlejohn, I step on necks."

This was alright but it was really annoying that they outright contradicted the previous two on some major points

Comment

• Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Comment

• King Kong 2005

Comment

• MST3K: The Slime People (1963/1989)

"I bet it's really action packed under all the fog."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            The Slime People (1963) . . . Yeah, this is MST3K material (I did not have the fortune of watching that particular version of it, though) . . .
                            Well, it's not one of the bots' better episodes. It's a very early one, before Kevin Murphy voiced Tom Servo.

Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 05-04-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robojac View Post
                              Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

This.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I thought the first Avengers was a better film in terms of story telling, pace and flow. That being said, that's no slight against Age of Ultron as the original film was pretty much a perfect 10. More over, Age of Ultron is following the foot steps of not only the original Avengers film but Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, which were near perfect 10s themselves.

Age of Ultron is a great comic book film with a lot of fan service and popcorn blockbuster moments. I want to see this film in the theater again.

9/10
                              Darth_Primus
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Darth_Primus; 05-04-2015, 03:58 PM.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Avengers- Good flick, not great. Marvel just seems to know how to get it right. It was fun, had great character moments, plenty of laughs and a great deal of action with Easter Eggs all over the place... and I'm not a Marvel guy. I dare DC to do that with Batman vs. Superman. I double-dog-dare em'!

If I had one gripe, it would be Iron Man beating down Hulk. That would never happen.

Sylent_Asassin
                                Black Lantern
                                Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 05-04-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X