Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 10-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #226
Prime
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
I want to see Sam "I Kill Demons with my Thoughts" Winchester again!!
Ugh I know. I LOVED Sam's storyline in Season 4 when he was developing his powers. I want to see that stuff, not a rehash of the Lisa storyline. Otherwise, I am LOVING Dean's purgatory storyline.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #227
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Ugh I know. I LOVED Sam's storyline in Season 4 when he was developing his powers. I want to see that stuff, not a rehash of the Lisa storyline. Otherwise, I am LOVING Dean's purgatory storyline.
Yeah, there really is a stark contrast of awesomeness between the brothers this season. Dean has turned into a commando badass, due to his time of survival in purgatory and Sam...ran over a dog.

Still really like the first two episodes of this season so far, which is saying a lot considering Bobby and Castiel aren't involved at all.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #228
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Spolier Alert:
Cass is back!!!!! So glad Cass is back, but I hope this is not the last we see of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #229
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Spolier Alert:
Cass is back!!!!! So glad Cass is back, but I hope this is not the last we see of him.
oh this won't be good for Dean

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #230
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

This show I used to love, but its way passed its peak, my friend says its got another season after this and maybe even another after that, they are running on fumes, they killed off every interesting character they had, with only Cass left.

Sam went through Hell and had the devil inside him, now his biggest problem is running over a dog and falling in love, bah.

Once you get to the top of the mountain the only way is down and thats where this show is heading, damn shame because it used be a must watch show for me, even random episode where they were fighting normal monsters were interesting, not now.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #231
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
This show I used to love, but its way passed its peak, my friend says its got another season after this and maybe even another after that, they are running on fumes, they killed off every interesting character they had, with only Cass left.

Sam went through Hell and had the devil inside him, now his biggest problem is running over a dog and falling in love, bah.

Once you get to the top of the mountain the only way is down and thats where this show is heading, damn shame because it used be a must watch show for me, even random episode where they were fighting normal monsters were interesting, not now.
Agree with that, the show pretty much blew its load in season 5. Which I thought was the best season for the entirety of the show. Season 6 was just the aftermath, and season 7 was definitely throw-away.

Like The Office though, I'm sticking with the show because it's still fun even if it isn't what it once was.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #232
Fearless
Agent Orange

After Season 5, I count everything else as just fun. I don't take it too seriously because I know at the heart of the show, the story meant to be told was done after S5. Everything after that is just gravy.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #233
Fearless
Agent Orange

...Does anyone else feel like this season, so far anyway, is just one long flashback?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #234
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
...Does anyone else feel like this season, so far anyway, is just one long flashback?
No, but there have been flashbacks. I'm hoping that shit is wrapping up soon, because other than the flashbacks I've really been enjoying the season. The latest episode has been one of my favorite Supernatural episodes in quite some time.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #235
Deadpool

I've only been watching since season six unfortunetely, but I'e brought some box sets, so I'll catch up on the older ones. I like the fun side of the show now, I love that skinny guy who's been in two episodes, probably my faourate character. The "mr sock" thing was funny as hell. Also found Cass becoming "simple" hilarious, I loved how he was just so stupid. Supernatural is my favourate show at the momment, so I definately do not want it to die. my top 2 shows being supernatural, then torchwood, then the walking dead. Seeing torchwood looks like it's going to bite the dust, it'll only be supernatural and walking dead left, and if supernatural does die, it looks like walking dead will be the last of my top 3 shows still airing
Quote:
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #236
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
No, but there have been flashbacks. I'm hoping that shit is wrapping up soon, because other than the flashbacks I've really been enjoying the season. The latest episode has been one of my favorite Supernatural episodes in quite some time.

I'm not saying that I haven't been enjoying the season this far (Garth as Bobby 2.0 was great), but I feel like at least half of every episode now is devoted to melancholy flashbacks. Its starting to annoy just a bit...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #237
Lassroyale
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Location: The many parallel universes of Kim Jong-Il's imagination

YESSSSSSSSS!

I <3 Supernatural SO HARD, though there have been a few shifty seasons in between *coughSeraGamblecough*, I will stick it out through the bitter end with this show. I have faith that Ben Edlund, who also was a writer on Firefly, can at least give the Winchesters the send-off they deserve if they plan on ending the series anytime soon.

There have been some really interesting and creative episodes so far this season, especially given the somewhat lackluster and disjointed Season 6. (No, I wasn't a fan of the Leviathans, though I have to say I really dug Dick Roman's character channeling Christian Bale a la 'American Psycho'). The 5th season was originally supposed to be the last, as Eric Kripke had written the arcs and intended it. The season finale of Season 5 is PERFECT, and the tragedy of it all suits the Winchesters and their deep co-dependency so very well.

You can really tell that they were scrambling to find the story thread again, in Season 6; canon was dropped (WTF happened to Dean's handprint? And other things, of course) and the whole overreaching arc with the Leviathans seemed like it was grasping to have the same impact as the demons and "Sam is the Prince of Hell", or Dean's been groped by an angel and supposed to be the almighty badass, Michael.

(Can I just gush again about how much the Season 5 finale, with the way it was told with Chuck's narration and focus on the Impala as Sam and Dean's truest home - hell, the Metallicar is a character in her own right - infused the episode with just enough emotion to make it genuine?)

Anyhow, I'll admit that I'm a huge Cas fangirl and Misha fan in general (my husband and I did the whole Gishwhes thing last year and I'm terribly chapped about not getting to go to Rome after being covered in cotton candy) and I'm glad to see that he's not "dead" in the show. I'm interested to see where Ben Edlund takes it - so far Garth is doing a commendable job of being Bobby ver. 2.0 - and I'm curious to see if the infamous Winchester codependency will ever find steady legs again.

And I really just have to say, Dean's man-pain is fucking DELICIOUS. Omg, Jensen just turns it on and looks so disappointed/hurt/crushed and...idek. He's one of the main reasons that I love "Under the Red Hood". He kills it as Jason Todd and when he tells Bruce that he hates the Joker, "...because he took me away from you." Totally breaks my heart every time.

I mean just...

Makes me just want to cry like that one sad-as-all-hell episode from Futurama with Fry's old dog.

Just...

Anyhow, uh yeah, I'll stop gushing now. Ahem. You know, I'd love love love to see more of DEATH, because Death is badass incarnate and his theme song is amazing.

SONG: http://youtu.be/dBFOrek0HcM

Can you tell I'm a big SPN fan?

Last edited by Lassroyale; 12-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Lassroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #238
Fearless
Agent Orange

Welcome to the club.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #239
Lassroyale
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Location: The many parallel universes of Kim Jong-Il's imagination

Quote:
Welcome to the club.

Happy to be here. I've been a long time SPN fan and used to be more involved/actively participate in the fandom, but not so much anymore. It got cray cray. Though I must admit, SPN fans are some damn loyal ones; almost as loyal-unto-death-or-cancellation as Firefly fans. Almost.

Anyhow, I'm more than happy to be here.

Lassroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #240
Deadpool

Have they comfirmed annother season yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #241
Fearless
Agent Orange

Nothing official has been announced yet I don't think, but Jared and Jensen have agreed to appear in at least two more seasons, and Jeremy Carver has outlined a plan to end Supernatural in season 10. So, it's possible.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #242
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I swear if these Sam flashbacks don't end soon, I'm going to kick a veterinarian in the genitalia. Other than that, great season so far! I really dug the Looney Tunes hat tip. And I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when he found out about the husband's open relationship with his wife.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #243
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
And I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when he found out about the husband's open relationship with his wife.

That was great. "Best wife ever!"
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #244
BlackZero30x
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Have they comfirmed annother season yet?
It is rumored the plan is to make it to 10 but to me it feels like they are playing this as time passes. Sams story, to me feels like a possible scapegoat. He pushing so hard on wanting a normal life again that if the viewer rating isn't high enough they will probably end it and if not its easy enough to write him back in the fold. I know they have used the "I want a normal life" thing before but the only reason to rehash such a see through story is if they aren't sure how well they are going to do this season imo.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #245
Fearless
Agent Orange

Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #246
Fearless
Agent Orange

...Why? God, why...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #247
Deadpool

Quote:
Nothing official has been announced yet I don't think, but Jared and Jensen have agreed to appear in at least two more seasons, and Jeremy Carver has outlined a plan to end Supernatural in season 10. So, it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZero30x View Post
It is rumored the plan is to make it to 10 but to me it feels like they are playing this as time passes. Sams story, to me feels like a possible scapegoat. He pushing so hard on wanting a normal life again that if the viewer rating isn't high enough they will probably end it and if not its easy enough to write him back in the fold. I know they have used the "I want a normal life" thing before but the only reason to rehash such a see through story is if they aren't sure how well they are going to do this season imo.
I hope it lasts even longer than that. Supernatural is one of if not my very favourite TV shows around. I think once it ends, I'll hang myself in my bedroom and out my window so everyone can see me.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #248
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Death's back, shit's about to get real now.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #249
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Death's back, shit's about to get real now.

AWWW YEAA~

One of my favorite incarnations of Death as a character, back for more!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #250
Spider-Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Yay, an early birthday present of awesomeness!
Spider-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote