FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos
Default Supernatural

We got any Supernatural fans around?

Anyone watching the fifth season currently, the apocalpyse... the shit really hitting the fan?

Now sure how many people know this, because the fifth season was supposed to be the final series of Supernatural... but its actually been confirmed for a sixth season now...

Quote:
The sixth season of Supernatural has been officially confirmed by the CW network. Creator Eric Kripke originally planned for the show to only last five seasons, but due to increased ratings from the fourth and fifth seasons, there has been talk of the show returning for more. Eric Kripke has confirmed that he will not be returning as showrunner for Season 6, however, he will still remain as a hands-on executive producer, leaving Executive Producer Sera Gamble to take over the reigns.

Both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have six year contracts, so as the network has chosen to continue the show, they will return for at least one more season. Padalecki stated that if the show is no longer compelling after a possible sixth season, that he will not return for more. Sera Gamble, who will take over the showrunner position, had said that the sixth and possible final season of the show will focus on the brothers' relationship.
At the moment, the fifth season is some of the best TV i've seen in ages... with the war between heaven and hell really kicking off... the search for God having been a complete waste of time, and Lucifer actually gaining a foothold on earth with 2 of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse still around doing his work... it's getting good people

M
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

Big Supernatural fan here, thought I was the only one, never saw anyone mention it on here.

I agree its the best thing on TV, I can honestly say Ive never watched a single bad episode of Supernatural, the writing is amazing, action or not theirs always interesting stories.

While Ive been watching Season 5, I had this feeling it might have another season, however, what the hell do you do after you beat the devil? I prefer that the show was going out on a high rather than drag it along, like nearly all the other crap shows that plague are TV screens.

I just hope they dont ruin it, because Ive never watched a show were each season has just gotten better and better, and it was always good to begin with.

I still think that uber antichirst kid is going to show up at the end and help them, and dont rule out God yet, he says he wont help, but you know he helped them out the blue before, I think God wants them to try on their own, let mankind do it for themselves, that makes more sense to me than him clicking his fingers and everything is wiped clean.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Last edited by Frank Castle; 04-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

dunno... i think this season isn't going to end in the defeat of Lucifer... if anything, i think it's going to break the Winchesters when they realise they can't win...

so the next season will be going back to basics... just saving the people they can...

thats how i see it going anyway

M
Old 04-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

Not a fan of Supernatural. I actually hated the couple of episodes that i've seen. It felt like a Hellblazer meets the Hardy Boys minus the awesome. Maybe i'm missing the point...

I can however, fully understand your excited sentiments expressed at a show you enjoy receiving an extra season. Congrats Supernatural Fans.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
The_Mad_Dragon
Captain Pervert

Send a message via AIM to The_Mad_Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mad_Dragon

How can it NOT be awesome with boogeyman hunting with classic rock?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Fearless
Agent Orange

I am a loyal fan and loving this series right now.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
IonFan
Forum Member

ya know i've NEVER seen the 1st season, i got into it at season 2 and i've never missed a episode yet, even got my brother into it at at the start of season 4. it's a very good show btw i'm loving the whole Heaven thing, sad that Gods not in the helping mood but oh-well

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

actually, i'm happy God's not stepping in and fixing everything with a wave of his hand...

it does feel a bit like Preacher... but the whole 'God has abandoned earth and noone has a clue what he's upto' really does fit in with the Supernatural mythology... it feels right, with the whole Demon / Angel war going on... all the shit could only happen if God really didn't give a shit lol

I do reccomend starting from the beginning of the show, it's amazing to watch all the way through

M
Old 04-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
actually, i'm happy God's not stepping in and fixing everything with a wave of his hand...

it does feel a bit like Preacher... but the whole 'God has abandoned earth and noone has a clue what he's upto' really does fit in with the Supernatural mythology... it feels right, with the whole Demon / Angel war going on... all the shit could only happen if God really didn't give a shit lol

I do reccomend starting from the beginning of the show, it's amazing to watch all the way through

M

I know what you mean. I jumped on at season 4, but, a bit ago, they started putting reruns on from the beginning, and I've been watching every episode since.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
projectile
Sidekick

This show is awesome. I think season 1 was the very best though. The Winchester bros have the best job driving around in a muscle car, listening to classic rock and killing demons and etc.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Prime
Attention Whore

I love Supernatural. It's a fantastic show and I've been watching since Season 1.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #12
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
This show is awesome. I think season 1 was the very best though. The Winchester bros have the best job driving around in a muscle car, listening to classic rock and killing demons and etc.

Don't forget the women.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Prime
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Don't forget the women.
Oh yeah, like Bela the British theif, Ruby the demon bitch who tricked Sam into starting the Apocalypse, and Meg who just seems to not wanna die They get some awesome women...
Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

lol they have had some awesome women guesstarring... though a lot of them seem to meet up with a horrible end... especially if they're in a romantic setting with one of the brothers lol

Suppose the similarities between Kyle and Sam really are too many to count lol

M
Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #15
Airealistic
Kilowog's Recruit

Best Supernatural moments!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Airealistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #16
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

lol, Dean doing Eye of the Tiger was hilarious... brilliant scene

M
Old 04-05-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

For those who haven't watched this amazing show yet...

here's a bit of a catchup for you... The road so far...

+ YouTube Video

M
Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
Fearless
Agent Orange

Love Supernatural. Love AC/DC. Epic.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #19
Fearless
Agent Orange

Dude... BAD-ASS promo for the season finale, featuring some new footage, including of the 4th Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death.

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by Fearless; 04-24-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #20
Doctor
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Fairly huge fan =D

Seems like Doctor got a bit tipsy!
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #21
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via AIM to Doc2814

Ditto, the comic ain't half bad either.

I'm a leaf on the wind...
Doc2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #22
Doctor
Guy's Drinking Buddy

:P Your right dude.

Seems like Doctor got a bit tipsy!
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #23
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

I've come to realize season 5 is a lot like Blackest Night. The end is near, the end-all death monger (Luicifer) is set his minions (Horsemen) to do his bidding and bring about the end... Season 6 is confirmed and will be about the brother's relationship after making hard decisions to trap Satan and the recovery of those decisions... Brightest Day.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #24
Doc2814
Anti-Monitor

Default Season Finale *SPOILERS*

Well, possibly the SERIES FINALE, but I doubt it. I know everyone is contracted for a sixth season, but it was only ever mapped out for five consecutive seasons.

This show has become my favorite show of all time. My brother and I (twins) have a bond much similiar to Sam and Dean's, and we can relate to a non-traditional upbringing, even if not on the same level as the Winchester brothers.

Stuff I liked about this episode:

1. The history of the Impala/Metallicar- very nice touch. It is, afterall, the one constant in the Winchester boy's life. A time-traveling Dean even helped his father-to-be, John, pick it. The legos dropped in the air vents, the green army man stuck in the ashtray, and how Dean put it all back in there when he rebuilt her post the Season One finale crash, all very nice touches. Loved seeing Chuck back, too.

2. Sam's willingness to sacrafice himself- Jared pulled this off well. Him and Deans desperation of the final events was very well portrayed.

3. Dean's acknowledging that he is not Sam's father/boss- very touching moment, like the end of the third season when Dean was teaching Sam how to fix the Impala, very touching.

4. Mark Pellegrino's Lucifer- sympathy for the Devil was a great title of the first episode, because he pulls it off, even if slightly. You can understand his position, even if you don't agree with it.

5. Casitel's Death- amusing and effective. "Castiel! Did you just Moltov Cocktail my brother with HOLY FIRE?" boom! Explosive Angel. Bobby went out trying to shoot Sam/Lucifer with the Colt.

6. Dean- "I'm still here Sammy" even when Lucifer was in the captain's chair, full control, he's trying to be there for his brother. Loved it.

7. Jake Abel- Rocked as Michael. The brother interactions of the Michael and Lucifer characters, their regret over having to do what needs to be done, was very well done. Lucifer showing his more aggressive side at the end... "Well, I'd like to see you try" was golden.

8. Chuck- implications that Chuck is in fact God was great. Very nice touch. HOWEVER...

9. Dean + Lisa + Ben = bitter/sweet ending. Very touching.

My one huge gripe...

10. Castiel asked Dean for the amulet he wears (and eventually discards, ugh) because it burns hot in God's presence. I understand they just left the door open for us to ASSUME Chuck = God, but if that is the case, we ought to disbelieve this if the amulet truly does burn hot in His presence, because Dean wore it around him quite a few times.

5/5 episode for me. Hope Season 6 picks off well too.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #25
Frank Castle
Alpha-Lantern

It was a good last episode, but Im kinda pissed they went through all that and then the ending I mean right at the end what you see the onlooker watching dean, Im thinking after all that really?

Season 6 is going to be some extended BS imo just to keep raging fans happy, would of been perfect the way it ended.

Also Chuck as God called it ages ago with my friend, I said God was some guy in the background that was probably there all the time, never thought it would be him, but it makes sense.

Not to hyped for season 6 tbh because I know its just going to be made up BS, but 5 great seasons and where it was surposed to end is great, once you beat the devil eveything else would seem easy imo.

THE MEN CALLED STING
Frank Castle is offline   Reply With Quote