The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Recap: Green Lantern at C2E2 2012

Recap: Green Lantern at C2E2 2012

Convention season rolls on into Chicago with C2E2! If you couldn't make it there this year or were simply too busy to keep up with everything there, here is a recap of all things lantern related over the C2E2 weekend.

DC Comics started the weekend off announcing a 3-Day Digital Comics "Zero Hour" Sale and that they will publish 5 digital first series for every weekday. The first big DC Comics panel was All Access but unfortunately not many GL tidbits came from there. Geoff Johns mentioned that Black Hand would play a major role in the coming issues, as alluded to in the July solicitations.

At the New52 panel, Geoff Johns announced that former GL and current Firestorm artist Ethan Van Sciver will return to draw the Green Lantern Annual. The annual is set for release after the "Revenge of Black Hand". Johns was mum on exactly when we'd see the long ago promised Orange Lantern oath, but said "There's a lot more Larfleeze coming up" and followed it up with "Ask me next year."

Previously seen on Cartoon Network's MadTV, Saturday morning's DC Nation block featured a nice riff on Green Lantern and Care Bears. Check out the video here. To counteract the happiness of the Care Bears, here is a picture of a new Sinestro bust from C2E2 which is quite evil looking. Back to the cute stuff, at the DC Comics Kids! panel, a question on the possibility of Parallax making an appearance in Green Lantern: The Animated Series Comic, writer Art Baltazar could only say "someday" since they are dealing with the Red Lanterns for now.

Back on Friday, CBR provided a preview of Justice League #8. Speaking of the League, Johns stated that we'll get to see the first time Hal Jordan and Barry Allen(The Flash) meet sometime "in the next 12 months or so." He also mentioned that things get worse for Hal Jordan during the current Secret of Indigo Tribe arc and even worse after when Black Hand enacts his revenge. Speaking on revenge, don't look forward to another Superman Prime appearance as there are "no plans right now" for the character.

Geoff may or may not have been joking when mentioning that the newly formed DC Collectibles line was looking to design a Mogo figure...in the form of a beachball. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well there you have it, everything Green Lantern related from this year's C2E2. It's like you were actually there, right? Yeah, well...next time just buy a ticket.

Last edited by W.West; 04-16-2012 at 08:01 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
DocLantern
Manhunter Repairman

I wonder if Johns is going to do something to Carol just to screw with Hal (and as a consequence West finally loses his shit...). Curious what kind of bad stuff he has planned for Hal.
DocLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Indeed, I am a man on a ledge ready to nosedive. The only thing keeping me glued down is knowing that Carol is still on Earth as Hal does his business elsewhere.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
DocLantern
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Indeed, I am a man on a ledge ready to nosedive. The only thing keeping me glued down is knowing that Carol is still on Earth as Hal does his business elsewhere.

Now that's she's got that SS ring back on, it's only a matter of time.....she'll be tracking Hal down in no time.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The only way to do it is for Blackhand to make Hal THINK he's killed Carol, but have it revealed a few issues later that she's trapped somewhere. That would set up for an arc of Hal doing everything he can to save her.

To kill her would be a waste of time, piss us all off, and then it would just get retconned later by another writer or Geoff himself anyway.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
W.West

This reminds me...where the fuck is Hector Hammond?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

He is living in the same town as a few others. You know it, it's called "We have plans for them in the Future"

He lives in a nice townhouse next to Stephanie Brown Cassandra Cain. Just down the road is Sodam Yat.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
He is living in the same town as a few others. You know it, it's called "We have plans for them in the Future"

He lives in a nice townhouse next to Stephanie Brown Cassandra Cain. Just down the road is Sodam Yat.
Luckily for Hector he's probably just a temp resident while Steph and Cass aren't gunna be moving out anytime soon.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Hey, doesn't he live across the street from Jillian "Cowgirl" Pearlman?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Luckily for Hector he's probably just a temp resident while Steph and Cass aren't gunna be moving out anytime soon.
They are still doing better than Wally. He doesn't make much money so he had to move one town over to "May never see the light of day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Yes. Superboy Prime lives on the other side of her. She had to call the cops on him yesterday though. Something about him punching every window and yelling about his real home.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
DocLantern
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:

Wally West tried to move into the neighborhood, but couldn't get a loan to buy a house.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

I'm very happy that GL is getting his own annual again. I can't remember the last time a character at DC got his annual and it wasn't Batman or Superman (Wonder Woman only had one in the twenty first century)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLantern View Post
Wally West tried to move into the neighborhood, but couldn't get a loan to buy a house.
Sucks for him.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

lol knowing hector he's probably has a bunch of pin ups of carol

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Johns was mum on exactly when we'd see the long ago promised Orange Lantern oath
Man, I hope that NEVER sees the light of day. There is absolutely no logical reason for Larfleeze to have an oath at all, much less one in the same exact format as everybody else's.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Agreed. I still think Johns is full of shit, and that he never thought up an Orange oath in the first place.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Man, I hope that NEVER sees the light of day. There is absolutely no logical reason for Larfleeze to have an oath at all, much less one in the same exact format as everybody else's.
agreed. i want the orange lantern to stay mysterious as it can be

whats larfleeze gona say just the word greed multiple times?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #18
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Well if Carol gets killed that would just be showing what they said back in Rage of the Red Lanterns.

I think they might have Hal get killed for a little bit or something like that.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post

They just did that!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I don't think so. I think she's gone. I think Johns believes he covered her when Hal lost everything. She's as gone as Olivia and Kari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Unless he was like "they all have oaths, I want an oath."
Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Unless he was like "they all have oaths, I want an oath."
That would be a step back to the slapstick Larfleeze, when he was JUST seeming like he was recovering his menacing aspect.

Still, that seems disappointingly plausible.

Of course, the REAL problem is that there is no logical reason that "they all have oaths" either.

Green, blue, yellow and indigo make SOME sense. Green had it originally, blue was started by some Guardians to support green, yellow was started by Sinestro as a deliberate, twisted analogue of the GLC, and indigo was, somehow, tied to Abin Sur, a Green Lantern.

But Red HATES the Guardians with a passion, and Violet started by deliberately distancing themselves from the Guardians' way of doing things. For them both to have oaths mirroring the format of the GLC is ludicrous.

Orange has no logical reason to have an oath, either, other than the "they have one, so I want one" reasoning. If they DO use that, I can only hope that it will end up like so many of Larfleeze's other acquisitions. He'll get one, because "they" have one, but once he has it, he won't bother to use it, and it will be relegated to the disorganized heaps of his other "cherished" possessions.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
Noct
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

I don't give a crap what Geoff "Yellow bug" Johns have to say.

Where is the Bedard interview about Green Lantern New Guardians & Blue Beetle crossover?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct View Post
I don't give a crap what Geoff "Yellow bug" Johns have to say.

Where is the Bedard interview about Green Lantern New Guardians & Blue Beetle crossover?
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...9&postcount=35
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
Well if Carol gets killed that would just be showing what they said back in Rage of the Red Lanterns.

I've been waiting for them to kill Carol for awhile now, but since Cowgirl and all things in Hal's civilian life are gone there's no sense in getting rid of the one thing that grounds him to Earth. With the tease he'll die by Black Hand's... hand, I could only imagine something to do with Hal being sent to an afterlife dimension of some kind....

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
I've been waiting for them to kill Carol for awhile now, but since Cowgirl and all things in Hal's civilian life are gone there's no sense in getting rid of the one thing that grounds him to Earth. With the tease he'll die by Black Hand's... hand, I could only imagine something to do with Hal being sent to an afterlife dimension of some kind....

~KL~
Now that would be a really interesting story with Hal. Well they might kill Carol but I think it wouldn't make any sense, and isn't she still the Queen of the Star Sapphires?

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote