The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 01-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #851
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

So the Flash from Earth 19 will take some things from the actual Earth 19 in the comics multiverse when he appears in a new episode. I'm not familiar with the 'Accelerated Man' but I think it's in the same world as Gotham by Gaslight Batman. Now it's home to modern Earth 19 Wells, so I'm guessing it's gonna be another art deco inspired world similar to Jay Garrick's Earth 3.

Wouldn't it be f'ing sweet if we got something like Chain Lightning in the tv series and had another handful of good speedsters get introduced? Imagine if they brought in Kyle Gallner as a more adult Bart Allen from the future with a handful of fake IDs similar to his role on Smallville!

~//V\\~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #852
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Anything smallville related needs to stay far away.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 02:01 AM   #853
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It'd be more for fan service... like half the shows are anyway LOL. And have you even seen the kid who played Impulse lately on that new show 'the Outsiders'? Dude is a beast...

I'd even be game for him to return to being Bart Allen and keeping his 'stache and goatee from the other show.

~//V\\~
Old 02-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #854
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Looking forward to Wally being the fastest again! OMG did anybody watch Legends where the Black Flash shows up all zombie style?

~//V\\~
Old 02-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #855
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 03-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #856
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Q: did Barry just tell Iris that her loved her, and then ask her for a break in the relationship, so that he might be able to "figure things out"......??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #857
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Barry and Iris are both idiots. I can't figure out who is the bigger idiot after that last episode, though. I guess I'm leaning toward Barry, since I haven't the slightest idea why he did what he did there. At least Iris's absurd hurt feelings that Barry would propose to her to try to save her life made a sad sort of sense even if my wife and I both wanted to slap some sense into her, but Barry? As you say, "Whaaaaa...?"
Old 03-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #858
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

They've dropped the term Future Flash out of Savitar's mouth now at least half a dozen times, my $$$ is on Savitar being future Barry ala Futures End. Sure it makes no sense at all, like rolling Hunter Zolomon, Zoom, Jay Garrick, and Black Flash into one character, but I *think* that's where it's headed. And if so I hope this is the LAST speedster as the main villain of the season for awhile.

I'm dumbfounded why Iris would be mad at Barry for trying to save her life, in any way possible. Same with Wally. "How dare you try to marry my sister to try and save her life, YOU selfish bastard!"

Kill Iris, kill Wally, kill Jessee, get Jay out of the damn Speed Force since he's the only one worth a damn, and maybe bring in somebody like John Fox or Hot Pursuit to change it up a bit. Too many whiny millennials in this show.

And for a show about Flash, it's a damn shame it can't be more about... you know... the FLASH?!? It seems like Vibe, Caitlin, Wells in his many forms, and even Iris/Wally and their dad get more screen time than the title hero. The one thing that kinda kills me about every CW show right now is every single hero has a 'family' of characters to back them up, usually four or five people. I'm less annoyed with it in Arrow because I got to see my boy Ragman in live action, but the series also intro'ed a solid Mr. Terrific, Vigilante, Wild Dog, etc into the universe.

Both Arrow and Flash would get better ratings if they'd dump all the other 2nd and 3rd stringers and just bring Hal Jordan into the fold.

~//V\\~
Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #859
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

The next big bad on Flash will NOT be a speedster!

http://screencrush.com/flash-season-...ain-speedster/

Bout damn time!

~//V\\~
Old 03-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #860
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
The next big bad on Flash will NOT be a speedster!

http://screencrush.com/flash-season-...ain-speedster/

Bout damn time!

~//V\\~
Hear hear!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #861
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, there should be one episode where Flash fights most of his rogues gallery at once; something like a Sinister Six type of thing.

The Grodd episode was pretty good.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #862
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Capt. Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, the Top, Golden Glider, and to assemble the gang... Mark Hamill/Trickster. I'd TOTALLY be down for that. Probably couldn't use Boomerang, but if I could he'd be in there too.

~//V\\~
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #863
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

C. Cold is dead; iirc it happened in an LoT eps.......

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #864
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

You do call correctly. However, can we say that a comic book character is truly ever dead?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #865
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

C. Cold is dead; iirc it happened in an LoT eps.......

Tazer
Stein theorized his remains were scattered throughout the timestream. He'll be coming back full term at some point.

~//V\\~
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #866
Mister Ed

In fact, the preview of the next episode of Legends looks like he shows up there.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #867
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

There were leaks claiming he'd be a part of the Legion of Doom.

I think the time travelling gimmick will eventually wear off and Legends will become something of a JL tv series with all the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

~//V\\~
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #868
Mister Ed

I just can't stand when they actually call themselves Legends. I cringe every time I watch the opening credits. It sounds so very, very stupid.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #869
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah, they really can't call themselves "Legends" especially since no one knows about them.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #870
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It makes them sound pretentious. When I just hear 'Legends' though, I think about the Legends of the DCU series.

~//V\\~
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #871
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
It makes them sound pretentious.
Precisely, and it is especially jarring when it is used in the opening, where they spend the first part talking about how they aren't heroes. It seems like they tell us that they screw up, and get things wrong as often as not, but then follow up by telling us to call them legends...which makes no sense.

The title of the show came from Rip basically lying to them all, TELLING them they were Legends in the future, when really they were picked for their insignificance to future events. I didn't expect them to change the name of the show when Rip revealed that, but I sure didn't expect them all to start calling THEMSELVES Legends, and telling US to call them Legends at the beginning of every show. As you said, it sounds pretentious. I guess I'd have LESS of a problem with it if they actually were doing their job competently, and so anything near that level of "self-confidence" were warranted, but they seem more like a bunch of bumbling fools most of the time.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #872
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

If/when one of the shows gets canceled, it will likely be Arrow or Legends. If it's Arrow, let him , Mr. Terrific, and Spartan and whoever else introduced in his series move there along with the large cast of characters they've introduced. Legends should be more like the Justice League without all the big guns, so like JLI or JLE.

Green Arrow, Spartan, Vixen, Vibe, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Constantine, the Atom, White Canary, Firestorm, Bronze Tiger, Atom Smasher, the Ray, etc. would make for a helluva rotating team. Give it that JLU feel where in each episode a squad of like three or four heroes get into some shit. Give the season an over-arching plot, and towards the end have the giant team battle with everybody in play similar to the four way crossover.

In a twenty-three episode season, most characters would only have like an eight episode contract, with two being in the season finale. Makes things a little cheaper I'd imagine than paying actors for an entire twenty-three episode season...

~//V\\~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-21-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM   #873
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

I love this show. I love this show. I love this show.

I lived through the snowstorm in tonight's episode--it was all of three inches and "paralyzed" the Pacific Northwest. I want to be a fan girl and run away to British Columbia to watch the production crew.

I adore musicals. I love "Moon River." Have since the 1960s. Where's the download button.

Guys, what's not to like if Abra Kadabra really does show up???

PS. Hints have been dropped. Savitar is (IMHO) Earth-19 Wells. HR.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:18 AM   #874
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I would have been fine with Kara's first song as a showcase for Melissa's abilities, but the musical numbers after that were nightmarish. Just as I'm starting to recover from the trauma of the Lego Batman song, I was subjected to "I'm Your Super Friend." The HORROR.

I hope that was a one-time experiment. Never again. PLEASE never again.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #875
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I still think Savitar is a future Barry Allen, possibly from another alt. world. Any info they've given us so far, like what was done with Zoom, could be entirely wrong. The first guy to get super speed? That could make him older, but then again he's said "I'm the future, Flash.." so many times now I've lost count.

Then again the comics pretty much stated once or twice Barry was actually what created the Speed Force, since Jay and the other speedsters at the time got their powers in different ways [Jay with water vapor and chemicals I think, Johnny Quick had the math formula].

~//V\\~