Joe Staton coming to my backyard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Staton coming to my backyard!

I just got home and checked my email to discover that Joe Staton is going to be one of the guests at a comic show in Nashua NH in October! The "headliner" is Michael Lark, but who gives a fuck! I don't care about the guy that basically admitted he views comics as a stepping stone, I wanna go see the guy that drew most of my favorite GL comics from my childhood!

I know Staton's work isn't every GL fan's cup of tea, but when he was with the right inker, and he was in his prime, I enjoyed his stuff a LOT.

Anyway, I'm going with my usual crew of friends and making a day of it. This is the same place that held a show a couple of months ago where I got to chat with Patrick Gleason and Keith Champagne.

sweet! ask him what he thinks about Guy rejoining the corps.
    Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Hmm. Maybe I'll head up there. Nashua is only 30 mins from my town. What is the date do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
        where I got to chat with Patrick Gleason and Keith Champagne.
        Cool on the news. And care to share anything of your chat with Gleason and Champagne? Throw any hard-hitting questions their way?

Comment

I just got home and checked my email to discover that Joe Staton is going to be one of the guests at a comic show in Nashua NH in October! The "headliner" is Michael Lark, but who gives a fuck! I don't care about the guy that basically admitted he views comics as a stepping stone, I wanna go see the guy that drew most of my favorite GL comics from my childhood!

I know Staton's work isn't every GL fan's cup of tea, but when he was with the right inker, and he was in his prime, I enjoyed his stuff a LOT.

Anyway, I'm going with my usual crew of friends and making a day of it. This is the same place that held a show a couple of months ago where I got to chat with Patrick Gleason and Keith Champagne.
          Wow, really cool, Dave..
          I wish I was able to meet some comics pro some day, get sth autographed or get a sketch.. and most importantly, a nice geek talk! even if it's just a few minutes!
          I'm just too far away to ever go to a con..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            And care to share anything of your chat with Gleason and Champagne? Throw any hard-hitting questions their way?
            What he said!
            Please!

Comment

Cool, enjoy meeting him! - I won't shit on Staton, his earlier work in V2 was some of my favorite stories! -

Comment

I haven't been online in a couple of days, so I haven't had the time to get here and posts on any threads this weekend. Hope all is well with you guys!

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                Hmm. Maybe I'll head up there. Nashua is only 30 mins from my town. What is the date do you know?

It's Sunday October 14th. It's 10am to 3pm. You should go! Admission is 5 bucks. It's not a huge show, but there's always something to spend your money on!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  Cool on the news. And care to share anything of your chat with Gleason and Champagne? Throw any hard-hitting questions their way?
                  That was where I got the infor about Champagne's Corpse sequel mini series. He posted most of the same info a month later on the DC boards, but he seemed really enthusiastic about it when I was chatting with him. He wanted me to know you shouldn't get attatched to anybody; it was going to be like the Suicide Squad and you never knew who was coming home from a mission.

He also went on about how his dream project would be the Flash. His big fantasy would be to be the guy who gets to bring Barry back. He asked me what I thought of the Bart run (this was all before we found out about Waid and WAlly coming back mind you), to which I toldhim it was one of the worst things DC had ever done. He agreed wholeheartedly and we got chatting about Barry and Wally.

Gleason was also very nice. He had most of the pages and covers for GLC there for sale. I was REALLY tempted to pick up some, and may still.

Comment

AS for tough hitting questions...not really. I wasn't about to ask him questions that make him unsult his bosses or coworkers or anything. And I didn't really WANT any spoilers, I just wanted to know about new projects coming out from the two guys or GL related stuff. I talked to each of them for about 5 or 10 minutes (it was pretty slow with no line) and then was on my way checking out tables. Wasn't going to be the creepy guy that doesn't know when to move on. Very nice guys though.

Comment

It's Sunday October 14th. It's 10am to 3pm. You should go! Admission is 5 bucks. It's not a huge show, but there's always something to spend your money on!
                      Awesome. I can probably make it. I don't have to work that day. Where is it being held?

Comment

That was where I got the infor about Champagne's Corpse sequel mini series. He posted most of the same info a month later on the DC boards, but he seemed really enthusiastic about it when I was chatting with him. He wanted me to know you shouldn't get attatched to anybody; it was going to be like the Suicide Squad and you never knew who was coming home from a mission.

He also went on about how his dream project would be the Flash. His big fantasy would be to be the guy who gets to bring Barry back. He asked me what I thought of the Bart run (this was all before we found out about Waid and WAlly coming back mind you), to which I toldhim it was one of the worst things DC had ever done. He agreed wholeheartedly and we got chatting about Barry and Wally.

Gleason was also very nice. He had most of the pages and covers for GLC there for sale. I was REALLY tempted to pick up some, and may still.
                        Wow, really interesting stuff, Dave, thanks a lot for sahring!
                        It would be really cool having Champagne on the Flash.. and well.. Barry back, of course!!

Comment

Well, can't say Staton is in my top 20 list of favorite artists (top 100 for that matter), but he IS a GL alumni and a big Hal fan. It would be interesting to hear of his thoughts on Hal being back!
                          Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Meeting pros is cool...

I met EC comics AL FELDSTEIN for the second time. he was at a college lecturing about the history of ALfred E Neuman with another guy. Al signed my hardbound Tales of the Crypt!

Nice guy...always good to meet the older pros while you still can.

Comment

I met Mr. Staton last year at a comic convention in Des Moines (along with Mike Grell, got my pic taken with him).

He was very friendly, and was signing anything and everything. I had him sign my Guy Gardner mini from years back. Super nice guy.

Another Lame Comic Blog!

Comment

Working...
                              X