SDCC 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJF28 View Post
    trying to figure out which of my friends are going and which aren't. I don't want to leave them needing a room mate, but at the same time, Im not a "last minute" kind of guy. I need my stuff planned out months in advance
    That is me all the way, I stress if everything is not planned to the T all at once. We booked a loft for 3, if anyone wants to try out the site it is airbnb.com hope that helps!

Now if I can get parking under the center again this will be a perfect trip.
    "I've never been a good girl!"

Comment

I hoof it everywhere. Last year, I think we were 4 miles away. Which doenst seem like a lot unless you are carrying 4 bags of Mattel exclusives

Comment

Non downtown Hotels are up for nonrefundable booking

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/hotels

Comment

There is a lot of talk about April 8th being a cutoff for a lot of these listings. I wonder if that means the downtown hotels will start booking shortly after?

Comment

Reservations for the hotels near Hotel Circle are open.

The Comic-Con Early Bird Hotel Sale is back again for 2014!
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Isn't it kind of odd that they would open up "non-refundable" Hotel sales BEFORE the general public can purchase tickets?

Comment

Yea. Seems like they are doing everything ass backwards

Should be:

Tickets
                Downtown Hotels
                Outside Hotels

Comment

I'm sure there're plenty of people who are more than happy to just get the whole process over and done with.

Comment

Comic-Con General Hotel Sale Opens April 8

With the news that the Early Bird Hotel Sale would be ending next month on April 8, many attendees were left wondering just how long after that we’ll need to wait until the general hotel sale. As it turns out, not long at all.

The Comic-Con housing company, Travel Planners, confirms that the general hotel sale for SDCC will open April 8, at 9AM Pacific. Calling their Comic-Con helpline (877-552-6642) gives you the following message:

“Welcome to the 2014 Comic-Con International Housing Services. The Early Bird Sale’s currently open for non-downtown hotels only. Please note: Hotels for this sale must be fully prepaid at the time of booking and are completely non-refundable. General housing for all hotels is currently scheduled to open on Wednesday, April 8, at 9AM Pacific time.
                    While the message says ‘Wednesday’, we confirmed with a Travel Planners representative that the date of the sale is Tuesday, April 8.

Travel Planners also confirmed with us that the sale will run similar to last year: When the booking site opens, attendees will be able to submit up to their top 6 hotel choices. Last year, Travel Planners notified individuals of their hotel selection within a week. You will then have the opportunity to book the hotel room by making a deposit, or cancelling your reservation.

The general hotel sale includes hotels in the Gaslamp, which are the most highly sought-after hotels. For those who don’t mind staying further out and using CCI’s free Shuttle or their own transportation, Early Bird hotel reservations for Mission Valley hotels are already open.

Last year, the general hotel sale was 10 days after Open Registration occurred. While CCI has currently closed Member ID’s to any further changes or the creation of new Member ID’s, usually the first sign that Open Registration is soon, we may have to wait until later in March for that sale.

As we say for the Hotel Hunger Games: May the odds be ever in your favor!

Will you be trying for a room on April 8? Let us know in the comments below.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I'm going to log in Saturday for shits and giggles to see what I would have gotten so if anyone needs extra help PM me or I will be on twitter in the morning MsCheryl or @CherylLerma let me know.

Comment

Me as well. Curious if there's a way to get a Preview Night upgrade.
                        @plastroncafe on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
                          Me as well. Curious if there's a way to get a Preview Night upgrade.
                          @plastroncafe on Twitter.
                          You get in? I didn't even get in for Sunday badges!

Comment

I did, for all days save preview night, but not by my doing.
                            I got by with a lot of help from friends.

Comment

I logged in at 8:47 to see if I could upgrade to preview night and help out a friend to no avail. The blue circle was spinning on my wife's ipad until it was announced that everything was sold out. Ah well.

A friend of mine logged in around the same time and got 2 4-day with preview night, so it really is just random luck.

Comment

so, my group and I applied for hotels yesterday. I was on at 9am on the DOT, and got confirmation at 9:02, surely there is no way I get hosed out of a downtown hotel this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X