Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First look at "Watchmen" movie costumes

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/2...r_to_go_1.html

Comedian and Rorschach are closest to the comic versions. Nite Owl and Ozymandias will take some getting used to, but they're not too bad. I'd need to see a better pic of Silk Spectre, where her hair isn't covering most of the costume, and she's not in such a silly pose.

Interesting. I've never read this comic, only heard about the movie. This is the first I've seen with the Film adaptations of the characters.

Owlman looks strangely like someone else...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to this movie.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I think you mean Nite Owl looks strangley like Owlman Mav. lol

I've also never heard of this before the movie was announced. I'll wait for the trailer to make an opinion of how it looks.

Comment

Opps. See what I mean? Never read a comic. Yes, Nite Owl looks like Owlman, who looks like Batman.
        sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I think they look great. Snyder had warned that some costumes would be changed and I was expecting something far more drastic, particularly for Ozymandias. Based on Dawn of the Dead and 300 I have nothing but faith in Snyder who seems to have a genuine passion for this project.

Since you haven't read Watchmen yet do yourself a favor and go get the TPB, it's nothing short of brilliant.

Comment

Wow... Night Owl looks a lot better than I'd have expected.
            But all the outfits are quite well done.

I'm actually kinda excited for this flick, now.
            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

I'm wondering what they will do with Doctor Manhattan. I think it's a safe bet that they won't have an anatomically-correct, naked, blue guy. So will they make up a costume to preserve some level of modesty, or simply go the route of making him appear essentially naked, yet genderless?

Comment

I'd expect a Mystique treatment, actually... so yeah... essentially naked, but genderless.
                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Malkin View Post
                  Since you haven't read Watchmen yet do yourself a favor and go get the TPB, it's nothing short of brilliant.
                  I second this idea, for the very same reason given above.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I prefer the comic version of Night Owl. I mean, in the comic he's washed up by modern times and I hope they stick with that.

Ozy looks awesome! I love Ozy!

Comment

I definitely prefer the comic version as well, but was expecting something much more drastic. Quite please.

Comment

Wow... Is Tobey Maguire playing Ozymandias?

Comment

Sheesh! One of my biggest pet peeves is when people post a LINK instead of just posting the pictures!

Allow me to rectify the situation:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian

Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl

Matthew Goode as Ozymandias

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach

Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre

Rorschach is spot on, the Comedian seems right, Nite Owl looks updated but still cool. As for the others, I'll have to look at the comic again and compare them.
                          Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                          Interesting. I've never read this comic, only heard about the movie. This is the first I've seen with the Film adaptations of the characters.
                          You NEED to read it... NOW!!! Watchmen is certainly THE BEST comic book of the 1980s! But it's also been called, by some, the Greatest Comic Ever Created! It represented a ridiculous number of Firsts in the industry, and forever changed the way the readers and the creators looked at superhero comics. Go for the Absolute Edition!
                          Owlman looks strangely like someone else...
                          Well, number one, he can be seen as a riff on Batman! The Night Owl movie costume is very reminiscent of modern Batman movie costumes... such as the ones seen in Batman Begins and the upcoming The Dark Knight.

But more importantly, he's ALSO reminding you of The Blue Beetle! You see, when Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons were first working out the story of Watchmen, they had wanted to use the characters that DC had acquired from Charlton Comics... Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, the Question, etc... but DC told them "NO!" So, they ended up creating new characters that fulfilled the same archetypes. Blue Beetle became Nite Owl, Captain Atom became Dr. Manhattan, and the Question became Rorschach!

Look at the background of the Nite Owl image. That's his vehicle behind him... a vehicle that looks remarkably similar to the Blue Beetle's flying beetle ship.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. BTW, those that are concerned about the movie leaving out lots of cool, important material can look forward to the DVD release! While the "Tales of the Black Freighter" pirate story scenes will NOT be included in the theatrical release (due to time constraints) they WILL still be filmed, as an animated film, to be included on the DVD release! This was recently confirmed by the fine folks over at Mania.Com (formerly known as Cinescape.Com)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                            I'm definitely looking forward to this. BTW, those that are concerned about the movie leaving out lots of cool, important material can look forward to the DVD release! While the "Tales of the Black Freighter" pirate story scenes will NOT be included in the theatrical release (due to time constraints) they WILL still be filmed, as an animated film, to be included on the DVD release! This was recently confirmed by the fine folks over at Mania.Com (formerly known as Cinescape.Com)
                            Glad they found a way to fit this in. Just a bit disappointed it won't be there for the theatrical release though.

Comment

So are all those guys good guys, or are some of them bad? And who has powers out of all those guys?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X