This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOT IT!

I pulled the last two references to Sue in series 2, which are issues #71 and #101 (which is quite a gap). In #71 (where the hillbilly turned hippie attacks), she's 100% still convinced Jim is GL.

But in #101, Ollie and Hal return home and visit Jim and Sue and at dinner Sue reveals she knows Jim is not GL. She figured it out when GL left Coast City for over a year (Hard Traveling Heroes), but Jim didn't. Jim adds that it helped that he grew a beard but GL didn't. So, the revelation was off panel, but at least they wrapped it up. See here.

Comment

I thought you were trying to find out when she discovered Hal WAS GL. Because I'm pretty sure she still doesn't know THAT in vol. 2 #101.

And I'm pretty sure she doesn't know it in her single appearance in vol.3 (#36), either.

Comment

^I suppose I was to an extent, but in my head I assumed they occurred together. I'm still happy with this re-discovery (I've definitely read that issue before). And yeah, she's definitely speaking as someone who doesn't know Hal's secret in #101.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Heh, I just reread vol. 3 #36, and she once again thinks that Jim is GL. In fact JIM wonders if he might be GL without knowing it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Heh, I just reread vol. 3 #36, and she once again thinks that Jim is GL. In fact JIM wonders if he might be GL without knowing it somehow.
            Yeah, Jones and the editor probably all forgot that story was resolved.
            Personally, I don't think I'd marry a woman who constantly calls me a liar.
            And even if that hadn't been resolved, what a stupid backstory to revive.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Personally, I don't think I'd marry a woman who constantly calls me a liar.
              And even if that hadn't been resolved, what a stupid backstory to revive.
              Well, he did also bring back the Predator, and the U-Mind and Ergono, so reviving stupid backstory was kind of a pattern later in his run.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Well, he did also bring back the Predator, and the U-Mind and Ergono, so reviving stupid backstory was kind of a pattern later in his run.

Comment

If you are still interested, according to DC Database, Hal told Jim (who apparently told Sue at some point) that he was GL, after Hal battled Atrocitus (presumably after the first time, since the entry wasn't any more specific). The Jim Jordan entry also mentions that, during the Hal/Spectre run, it WAS revealed that Jim was dead...but apparently he got better.

Comment

Ha. Good to know. I do remember him being dead.

Comment

Oh man, I forgot all about that dynamic with Hal's family. That is some comic book absurdity that I miss lol. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Working...
                      X