Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
    And Cornell's a HUGE Morrison fan, so it'll be interesting to see how much of his Joker is in there.
    It's interesting because - aside from, I believe, Countdown and Salvation Run (with Joker's appearances in Dini's Detective Comics specifically marked as occurring before the events of Morrison's Batman run) - The Joker has largely been kept on embargo within current DC continuity, with Morrison being the only one to really use him. However, it seems that with Batman & Robin Morrison has worked to restore his more radically altered Joker back in line with his classic incarnation, so the transiition of Joker back into the regular DC sandbox shouldn't be quite so jarring.

I for one am keen to see Cornell trying his hand at writing The Joker for the first time - I think he's a character who Cornell's writing style could compliment very well. Plus, seeing that The Joker and Lex Luthor are two of my favorite villains, if not two of my favorite comic characters, I always enjoy seeing them interact. And in particular seeing Joker interact with Cornell's superlative Luthor will be an extra treat.

Comment

I can't wait to see your face if/when they pull the Gotham City Sirens stunt on your ass. lol

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Its a gimmick I'm not interested in.
        So, the hypocrisy runs deep?
        The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
          It's interesting because - aside from, I believe, Countdown and Salvation Run (with Joker's appearances in Dini's Detective Comics specifically marked as occurring before the events of Morrison's Batman run) - The Joker has largely been kept on embargo within current DC continuity, with Morrison being the only one to really use him. However, it seems that with Batman & Robin Morrison has worked to restore his more radically altered Joker back in line with his classic incarnation, so the transiition of Joker back into the regular DC sandbox shouldn't be quite so jarring.

I for one am keen to see Cornell trying his hand at writing The Joker for the first time - I think he's a character who Cornell's writing style could compliment very well. Plus, seeing that The Joker and Lex Luthor are two of my favorite villains, if not two of my favorite comic characters, I always enjoy seeing them interact. And in particular seeing Joker interact with Cornell's superlative Luthor will be an extra treat.
          DC steps on Morrison's toes a lot, but they do try not to. If he ever leaves, they're fucked.

Comment

I can't wait to see your face if/when they pull the Gotham City Sirens stunt on your ass. lol
            They can pull Neil Gaiman's Death of the Endless, but The Joker after Morrison is too impossible a feat?

Comment

They can pull Neil Gaiman's Death of the Endless, but The Joker after Morrison is too impossible a feat?
              To be fair, Death wasn't doing anything, while Joker's being used an awful lot by a big name creator.

Comment

To be fair, Death wasn't doing anything, while Joker's being used an awful lot by a big name creator.
                True, but is he still going to be getting used in January, when the storyline he's currently involved in will have been finished for a couple of months?

Comment

So, the hypocrisy runs deep?
                  what?

After Morrison? You don't know what Morrison has planned. He's still writing and controlling the Batman universe...

Comment

True, but is he still going to be getting used in January, when the storyline he's currently involved in will have been finished for a couple of months?
                    Well, by a couple, you literally mean a couple, if that, and you don't think Joker will be involved with Inc at all?

what?
                    You're whole, "You haven't even read it" dribble.

Comment

Its my opinion of the premise not the content so its not hypocrisy. You don't want to read certain titles because you think they suck. I don't want to read Action Comics because the premise of Luthor interacting with these certain characters doesn't interest me. That's called "the difference between me and you."

Comment

Its my opinion of the premise not the content so its not hypocrisy. You don't want to read certain titles because you think they suck. I don't want to read Action Comics because the premise of Luthor interacting with these certain characters doesn't interest me. That's called "the difference between me and you."
                        Both are ways to pick and choose stories. You demonizing one while promoting another is stupidity of some sort, if not hypocrisy.

Comment

Well, by a couple, you literally mean a couple, if that, and you don't think Joker will be involved with Inc at all?
                          The Joker will likely be involved in Batman Inc eventually, in some capacity. But I don't think the involvement will be so extensive that it will proclude him appearing anywhere else in the meantime. In the same way that Deathstroke's involvement with this much-maligned Titans storyline hasn't precluded him making an appearance in Action Comics, or indeed, Batman and Robin.

Comment

lol "demonizing"? Choosing to read a story that features characters I'm interested in read(at the very least RIGHT NOW) over a story that features characters that I'm not interested in reading is completely fair. I'm not reading a lot of stories, not because I don't like the talent involved but because of personal interest.

I buy a lot of Batman stories because I like those characters. When I want to read a Lex Luthor story that features Gorilla Grodd then I'll look to Cornell. I'm not condemning this story to hell or worse, my "Will Never Read" list so what's the harm? Your view of what is good and what is bad is different than mine. Get over it. Did you read Knight & Squire? Was it amazing? You'd be lying to yourself if you said anything other than "No." It wasn't amazing and it didn't convince me that Cornell is a "MUST READ" writer, ergo I don't have any more inclination to run out and buy Action Comics.

Comment

In West's defense, if he doesn't want to read a series because the characters involved don't interest him, then that's fair enough. And my ribbing over on the September Comics thread aside, there's not really much more to say on the matter other than, "That's a shame, because I think you'd enjoy it. Oh well."

I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing not to read a series because it doesn't catch your fancy, even choosing not to read a good series. I know there are good titles that for whatever reason I choose not to follow. The problem is when you repeatedly make little comments on how uninteresting and unappealing the story is, and THEN I can understand the calls of "You should be reading it." Because if you're going to comment on a title's worth and quality then a first-hand knowledge of the story you're putting down is certainly helpful.

Oh, and Knight and Squire WAS amazing, so you must have no soul.

Comment

I don't think I care anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X