The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 4
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 4

Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West
Default Green Lantern June 2011 Solicitations

GREEN LANTERN June 2011 Solicitations

GREEN LANTERN #67

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
1:10 Variant cover by SCOTT CLARK and DAVID BEATY
Quote:
The blockbuster “War of the Green Lanterns” comes to a universe-shattering conclusion! How will Krona’s rampage ultimately affect the Green Lantern Corps? All we can say is it will change EVERYTHING!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale JUNE 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #61

Written by TONY BEDARD
Art and cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and MATT BANNING
Quote:
In the aftermath to “War of the Green Lanterns,” John Stewart and Kyle Rayner’s world is left completely shattered. And they start to pick up the pieces starting right here and now. It won’t be pretty.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale JUNE 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #11

Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and CAM SMITH
Cover by FELIPE MASSAFERA
Quote:
The “War of the Green Lanterns” is over! But for Guy Gardner and Kilowog, their post-“War” story has only just begun!
On sale JUNE 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

FLASHPOINT: ABIN SUR – THE GREEN LANTERN #1

Written by ADAM SCHLAGMAN
Art and covr by FELIPE MASSAFERA
Quote:
FLASH FACT! He survived the crash!
Retailers: Please see the Previews Order form for special FLASHPOINT promotional buttons.
On sale JUNE 1 • 1 of 3, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

FLASHPOINT: HAL JORDAN #1

Written by ADAM SCHLAGMAN
Art by BEN OLIVER
Cover by RAGS MORALES
Quote:
FLASH FACT! He never got the ring!
Retailers: Please see the Previews Order form for special FLASHPOINT promotional buttons.
On sale JUNE 29 • 1 of 3, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

BRIGHTEST DAY AFTERMATH: THE SEARCH #1

Written by JONATHAN VANKIN
Art by MARCO CASTIELLO
Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES
1:10 Variant cover by TBC
Quote:
Following the events of Brightest Day, the new protector of Earth has been chosen. But one reluctant hero making his return to the DCU is trying to convince Batman, Superman and the others heroes of the DC Universe that this may not be a good thing, because he can see that things are not right and mankind’s brightest days are indeed over.
On sale JUNE 22 • 1 of 3, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
--------------------------------

GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS VOL. 1 HC

Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and CAM SMITH
Cover by FELIPE MASSAFERA
Quote:
A new chapter in the epic GREEN LANTERN saga begins!
Green Lanterns Guy Gardner, Kilowog and Arisia explore the unknown sectors of the galaxy, determined to shine their emerald light in the darkest corners of the uncharted to bring order to the universe. But what is Guy’s secret mission for the evil Red Lantern, Atrocitus, that brings him into conflict with Hal Jordan? Collecting the first seven issues of the new hit series!
On sale AUGUST 10 • 176 pg, FC, $22.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT TP

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
Cover by IVAN REIS and RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
The prophecy of The Blackest Night descends in this trade paperback collecting the best-selling BLACKEST NIGHT #0-8. Now, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps lead DC’s champions into battle to save the universe from an army of Black Lanterns made up of the DCU’s deceased heroes and villains!
On sale JULY 13 • 304 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: GREEN LANTERN TP

Written by GEOFF JOHNS • Art by DOUG MAHNKE, ED BENES and others • Cover by IVAN REIS and RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
The Black Lanterns descend on a spectrum of Corps across the universe in this trade paperback collecting GREEN LANTERN #43-52. Plus: Black Hand’s connection to the Black Lantern Corps is explained.
On sale JULY 13 • 272 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: GREEN LANTERN CORPS TP

Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art by PATRICK GLEASON, REBECCA BUCHMAN and others • Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner and John Stewart join the rest of the GL Corps in the struggle to preserve the Central Power Battery and Oa itself from being consumed by the Black Lanterns in stories from GREEN LANTERN CORPS #39-47.
On sale JULY 13 • 264 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: RISE OF THE BLACK LANTERNS TP

Written by GEOFF JOHNS, GREG RUCKA and others • Art by RYAN SOOK, DENYS COWAN and others • Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
Seven classic DCU titles — THE ATOM AND HAWKMAN, THE QUESTION, PHANTOM STRANGER, STARMAN, THE POWER OF SHAZAM!, CATWOMAN and WEIRD WESTERN TALES — are resurrected alongside GREEN ARROW #30 and ADVENTURE COMICS #7 in this BLACKEST NIGHT title!
On sale JULY 27 • 256 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS TP

Written by GEOFF JOHNS, PETER J. TOMASI and STERLING GATES
Art by JERRY ORDWAY, IVAN REIS, DAVE GIBBONS, DOUG MAHNKE and others • Cover by DAVE GIBBONS and RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
From the pages of TALES OF THE CORPS #1-3, GREEN LANTERN #49 and ADVENTURE COMICS #4-5: Witness Saint Walker’s pilgrimage of hope, Carol Ferris’s sacrifice for love, the debut of the Indigo Tribe and more!
On sale JULY 27 • 176 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: BLACK LANTERN CORPS VOL. 1 TP

Written by JAMES ROBINSON, PETER J. TOMASI and J.T. KRUL
Art by ED BENES, ARDIAN SYAF, EDDY BARROWS and others
Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
Superman, Batman and The Titans battle their greatest foes and long- lost loved ones, newly undead as evil Black Lanterns, in this collection of three 3-issue BLACKEST NIGHT miniseries.
On sale JULY 20 • 256 pg, FC, $19.99 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: BLACK LANTERN CORPS VOL. 2 TP

Written by JAMES ROBINSON, GEOFF JOHNS and GREG RUCKA
Art by SCOTT KOLINS, NICOLA SCOTT, EDDY BARROWS and others
Cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
Quote:
The Flash, Wonder Woman and the JSA come face to face with their greatest foes and long-lost loved ones, newly undead as evil Black Lanterns, in this collection of three 3-issue BLACKEST NIGHT miniseries.
On sale JULY 20 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
--------------------------

HEROES OF THE DC UNIVERSE: BLACKEST NIGHT: SINESTRO CORPS MEMBER ARKILLO BUST
BASED ON THE ART OF PATRICK GLEASON • SCULPTED BY JEAN ST. JEAN

Quote:
The BLACKEST NIGHT continues in mini-bust form!

Each month in 2011, DC Direct releases a mini-bust featuring a character from the hugely popular DC Comics’ epic BLACKEST NIGHT.

Sinestro Corps Member Arkillo continues the HEROES OF THE DC UNIVERSE: BLACKEST NIGHT bust line! The sculpture features Arkillo atop a special base that displays the spectrum of lantern symbols.

The bust is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 6” high x 4.25” wide x 4.25” deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.

Limited Edition.

On sale November 9, 2011 * Bust * $70 US

BLACKEST NIGHT: YELLOW LANTERN 1:4 SCALE POWER BATTERY AND RING PROP REPLICA SET

Quote:
From the pages of BLACKEST NIGHT!

Fueled by fear, wearers of yellow power rings seek to instill great fears and terror in others.

For nine consecutive months in 2011, DC Direct releases a 1:4 scale light-up Power Battery and light-up Ring Prop Replica Set featuring a color from the spectrum of the hugely popular DC Comics’ epic BLACKEST NIGHT.

The Yellow Lantern 1:4 Scale Power Battery and the Yellow Power Ring sit in a translucent display and are removable from the stand. Both light up, featuring manual on/off switches.

The Power Battery measures approximately 2.875” high (minus handle) x 1.75” wide x 2.375” deep and is made of PVC/ABS. The Power Ring fits most sizes and lights up when worn. The translucent acrylic display measures approximately 1.5” high x 2” wide x 3.25” deep. The set is packaged on a 4-color blister.

On sale November 9, 2011 * Mini Prop Replica Set * $35 US

BLACKEST NIGHT ACTION FIGURE BOX SET

Quote:
From the pages of BLACKEST NIGHT!

Included in this set are action figures of Indigo Munnk, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Black Lantern Blue Beetle and Star Sapphire Fatality, as well as a 48-page book entitled BLACKEST NIGHT SPECIAL EDITION #1, which includes the following stories: GREEN LANTERN #40 and #41 (written by Geoff Johns, with art by Philip Tan and Eddy Barrows) and BOOSTER GOLD #27 (written and drawn by Dan Jurgens).

Each figure stands approximately 6.75” high.

On sale November 9, 2011 * Box Set * PI

GREEN LANTERN SERIES 4 ACTION FIGURES

Quote:
The Universe is a big place ...
And there are enough Lanterns in the Corps to police it all!

All four figures feature multiple points of articulation and include a display base.
Character-appropriate accessories are also included.

GREEN LANTERN ARKKIS CHUMMUK - 6.75” h

GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDAN (POWER GLOW) - 6.75” h

RED LANTERN GUY GARDNER - 6.75” h

GREEN LANTERN STEL - 7” h

4-color clamshell blister card packaging.

On sale November 2, 2011 * Action Figures * PI

Last edited by W.West; 03-14-2011 at 10:04 PM.
W.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #61

Written by TONY BEDARD
Art and cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and MATT BANNING
[B]
Nipsy Russell is John Stewart!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

So I really believe it's Hal, Kyle and/or Guy leaving the GLC.

Besides it's been too long Kyle is supposed to have another costume change by now lol.

Though they'll probably change Hal because the movies coming out, like they killed Bruce when the Dark Knight was coming out.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
bjread
Hal's Understudy

That GLC cover looks like SHITE
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

GREEN LANTERN SERIES 4 ACTION FIGURES

ALL GREEN!!!
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
Al Green

Sweet!!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #7
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

cant wait for all these issues
Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

So either Costume change fro Kyle or he's DEAD!!

Looks like Guy is oging to PURGE the Red out!

Superman looks PISSED!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #9
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

This is why solicits are fucking terrible. Now "most" people won't care about War of the GL's with the after math stuff being posted, BEFORE THE ACTUAL EVENT EVEN STARTS!!!!

Come the fuck on man, I can't be the only one in this camp.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 AM   #10
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
This is why solicits are fucking terrible. Now "most" people won't care about War of the GL's with the after math stuff being posted, BEFORE THE ACTUAL EVENT EVEN STARTS!!!!

I'm with you 100%.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
I'm with you 100%.
That's one on my side,

and for those who say "Well you don't have to look at them" In this day and age, it's hard not to avoid shit like this.

These "solicits" either need to stop or start copying The way, The Walking Dead solicits.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #12
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Well if they can't get us talking about the actual story, by damnitt we'll be talking about blah de blah blah GL is dying for six months!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #13
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
That's one on my side,

and for those who say "Well you don't have to look at them" In this day and age, it's hard not to avoid shit like this.

These "solicits" either need to stop or start copying The way, The Walking Dead solicits.
Really? What about "Green Lantern June 2011 Solicitations" made you think the usual ol' solicitations wouldn't be there? Even on DC's website you'd have to click on June to get June books. I'd hate to point this out to you since you were sounded so sure of yourself but..."Well you don't have to look at them"
Old 03-15-2011, 04:41 AM   #14
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Really? What about "Green Lantern June 2011 Solicitations" made you think the usual ol' solicitations wouldn't be there? Even on DC's website you'd have to click on June to get June books. I'd hate to point this out to you since you were sounded so sure of yourself but..."Well you don't have to look at them"
Do you or do you not agree, that these solicits need to stop?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #15
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

They arent going to, but you didnt have to open the thread if you didnt want to see them.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
W.West

You don't have to EVER look at them. You're not a retailer, what happens 3 months from now isn't of your utmost concern. So, no solicits don't need to stop. Nor should they stop. You should probably enter a rehabilitation clinic for some self control though. LOL You should have enough to be able to decide when and when not to click on certain (LABELED!) links. Do solicits spoil plots? Sometimes, sure. I understand that not everyone can forget solicitation information as quickly as I can but the industry isn't forcing anyone (but people trying to profit from it) to read these spoilers. They aren't for you. Its for retailers. It helps showcase a company's selection but its not like this information is shoved into the back of your $2.99 comic book.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #17
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:

These solicits actually make me more excited for the event. See now people getting pissed off at solicits confuse me because well why look at something that will piss you off? That's like shooting yourself in the foot unless you like causing yourself great amounts of pain you just don't do it.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I HATE FREADING SOLICITS THAT I HAD TO CLICK THROUHG TWO OR THREE DIFFERENT LINKS TO FIND. SURE I CLICKED ON THE SOLICITS THREAD TOO BUT I DID NOT EXPECT THEM TO SHOW ME COVERS AND HAVE INFO OF THE UPCOMING STORIES.

I have posted tons of solicits and and previews and you wanna know why things are never ruined for me. I DON'T READ IT BEFORE OR AFTER I POST IT. This is also the same reason why I never get mad when an issue comes out and most of it was the preview that was posted a week prior. Why? Cause I never read the preview so now I dont need to skip the first five pages of the issue cause I read it in a preview. And honestly what was ruined?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #19
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
ALL GREEN!!!
Further confirmation of the apocalypse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
So either Costume change fro Kyle or he's DEAD!!
Cover kind of loses its punch if it's a costume change. "Hey Kyle, you dropped this."

Last edited by Space Cop; 03-15-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #20
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

I like how everyone is still thinking that this must mean one of them dies. For all we know, one of them will just stop being a Green Lantern for a little while.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Exactly
Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #22
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate

Everytime a Green Lantern gives up his ring, an angel gets his wing....!

Shit, where's Jimmy Stewart?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

So.... the GLC cover makes me think Kyle or John will switch sides and go Blue for awhile. And if Kyle has to go Blue to get another costume, so be it! 'Specially if it's a short term thing like Red Guy.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #24
JAredLantern
The 8th Soldier of Victory

Send a message via AIM to JAredLantern

so you're thinking blue kyle? Why blue?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #25
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAredLantern View Post
so you're thinking blue kyle? Why blue?
Probably that Blue light in the back of the GLC cover.

All Will Be Well

Well that's what I believe.