Sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar

Lets's face it. Since his first appearance, this guy has been pretty much a clown.

What would you do to transform him into a top-tier villain?

That's actually a really good question.

The terrorist angle Venditti tried with him didn't excite me, but I think the problem with it was overall bland writing, and strange narrative decisions, like, in a three issue arc (I think it was that long), the hero never actually confronts the villain.

That angle does have potential with a more compelling plot and characterization.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I think the original idea of someone leading a rogue regime is good, so maybe that should be your starting point. But he hasn't been depicted well as a nation's leader.

Maybe make him more like Sauron. Nobody laughs at Sauron.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-16-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Villains ruling made up countries is being done to death at the moment [Lord Havoc, Black Adam, I think Queen Bee, Bane, etc..], but I'd love to see that crappy tech'ed out Sonar return and actually get an origin. The other Sonar was used just before Rebirth so I doubt they'd wanna use him again so soon anyway. Besides, there's no real GL for him to fight unless you just wanna see Cruz and Baz start running through Hal and Kyle's old rogues.

I wouldn't mind if that other Sonar was one of those villains who bounces around. Maybe the Super Sons could go up against him, or possibly Capt. Atom.

~//V\\~

Comment

The tuning fork and the silly costume need to go, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            I think the original idea of someone leading a rogue regime is good, so maybe that should be your starting point. But he hasn't been depicted well as a nation's leader.

Maybe make him more like Sauron. Nobody laughs at Sauron.
            I thought the new take on him being a terrorist feuled by nationalism could have been interesting, but he should have still been a super-villain, rather than a guy with sonic bombs. (he's still a Green Lantern villain after all)

I thought that what they did with him in JLE where he internalized his powers and he had the beard, was an okay update, but it didn't really resonate.

Comment

Working...
            X