Looking for Look-Alikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Look-Alikes

I recently learned that Gil Kane modelled Guy Gardner on deceased actor Martin Milner, and looking at photos of him, I can see the resemblance.

In order to complete my ideal casting list (I have already cast Patrick Wilson as Hal Jordan due to his resemblance to Paul Newman, who Kane based Hal Jordan's appearance on), I was wondering if anyone knew of any actors with similar facial features?

Though feel free to make this a general thread regarding facial inspiration.

Gil Kane modeled Ray Palmer's face after that of the actor Robert Taylor. That's the only one I know about.

Comment

I think Ryan Reynolds would make a good Hal Jordan.

Comment

I used to use Freddy Prinze Jr. in the 90's early 00's for reference when doing more detailed sketches of Kyle Rayner.

For Guy I've always like using Cole Hauser from Dazed and Confused. Something about his face just screams BADASS like Guy's should...

Can't think off hand who I used to use for Hal and John. For Hal it was likely either Dirk Benedict from his A-Team days or Scott Bakula, I remember going back and forth between those two. For John I'm fairly certain it was dude from Ghostbusters...

Just my visual reference anyway LOL

~//V\\~

Comment

I used to think Dennis Quaid looked like Hal when I was a kid.

Comment

Harrison Ford and Dennis Quaid I think were references for Hal in high school but everybody mentioned how he looked like Han Solo.

~//V\\~

Comment

John Kerry looks like he was drawn by Joe Staton.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                John Kerry looks like he was drawn by Joe Staton.
                Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                  I used to think Dennis Quaid looked like Hal when I was a kid.
                  A young (but seasoned) Dennis Quaid will always be the perfect Hal in my mind. (Hmm... maybe I should change my avatar at this point....)

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                    A young (but seasoned) Dennis Quaid will always be the perfect Hal in my mind. (Hmm... maybe I should change my avatar at this point....)

Comment

Software will make test pilots obsolete very soon. Hal needs to be a race car driver. That profession will never go away. And a stock car driver, because that's a more colorful world than the other forms of racing operate in.

Does that mean he needs to look like Richard Petty? Nah. Maybe a guy from way back like Fred Lorenzen.

Comment

^Has the same difficulty as most jobs. He can't be gone for qualifying, practice, or the race, which is a good chunk of Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. As with most jobs you could give him you have to either ignore that (and thereby make it a plot hole) or give him a job, where he completely sets his own hours. Personally, I think GLs should be compensated in the money of their home planet so they can be on call 24-7 so to speak.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 05-16-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I think maybe keeping him a test pilot, then having his job become obsolete, might be the best way to handle it, actually. You get a job suited to the type of person he is AND it stops being an impediment to his Corps duties in short order. The Corps could be something that fills the void left by his chosen profession becoming obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            ^Has the same difficulty as most jobs. He can't be gone for qualifying, practice, or the race, which is a good chunk of Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. As with most jobs you could give him you have to either ignore that (and thereby make it a plot hole) or give him a job, where he completely sets his own hours. Personally, I think GLs should be compensated in the money of their home planet so they can be on call 24-7 so to speak.
                            That's why Hal needs to star in a Earth-based comic.

Besides, he's in good with the owner's daughter.

Comment

Even in an Earth-based comic, he won't be able to guarantee being present for all the racetimes if he wants to do his superheroing JUST on Earth. I somehow doubt that criminals will take weekends off, and being in good with the boss's daughter can only excuse so much. If he's actually missing races (or worse yet, leaving in the MIDDLE of a race), that isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Working...
                              X