The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-18-2015, 04:17 AM   #651
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Translation:

Narrator: Long ago, there was a war. During this, the world united into one team, and one shinobi ended the battle. His name is the Seventh Hokage, N-
Boruto: This is stupid, you crappy old man. I’ll change that kind of era!
Text: Hero
Text: Master (Teacher)
Text: Battle comrade (Rival)
Narrator: Boruto -Naruto the Movie-
Boruto: I don’t feel like I’m gonna lose!
Text: I can’t write anything more than this! -Masashi Kishimoto
Text: August 7 – The legend will be surpassed
Old 05-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #652
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Id be EXTREMELY PISSED about this if I weren't still waiting for S2 of High School Of the Dead: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...ut-until-2017/

Quote:
‘Attack on Titan’ Season 2 May Not Debut Until 2017
:/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:31 AM   #653
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

My gf has forced me to watch Naruto. I'm on episode 60 something of Shippuden and I want to kill myself.

I put her onto Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game of Thrones and Sherlock...I DESERVE BETTER!

Also, we're watching Assassination Classroom. Crazy silly show and I don't know how the hell it makes it to season 2.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #654
Space Cop
The Dandy

VIZ Media Celebrates Japanese Artist Yoshitaka Amano With New Art Book

Quote:
VIZ Media, LLC, a premier company in the fields of publishing, animation distribution, and global entertainment licensing, celebrates the work of one of anime and pop art’s most renowned artists and character designers as it announces the release of Yoshitaka Amano: Illustrations on August 19th.

Packed with sketches, commentary, and interviews, this beautiful volume offers a concise survey of Amano’s remarkable career to date, featuring selected full-color pieces for series such as FINAL FANTASY, Vampire Hunter D and GATCHAMAN (BATTLE OF THE PLANETS), as well as for his own creations like Hero and N.Y. Salad. Yoshitaka Amano: Illustrations carries an MSRP of $19.99 U.S. / $22.99 CAN.

Since launching his career at the age of 15 with the legendary animation studio Tatsunoko Productions, Yoshitaka Amano has become one of the most acclaimed artists and illustrators at work today. Displaying a rare range, his oeuvre encompasses everything from minutely observed still-life sketches to full-color paintings on an epic scale, from children’s storybooks to dark adult fantasy, from theatrical productions to video games to sculpture to commercial design.

“Yoshitaka Amano: Illustrations is a vivid introduction to the artist’s incredible career and will delight new fans as well as those already familiar with his work,” says Leyla Aker, VIZ Media Senior Vice President of Publishing. “This edition can complement any existing library of Amano’s work, and is also an attractive alternative to monographs that are usually available only on an import or special order basis.”

Yoshitaka Amano began working at Tatsunoko Productions creating the character designs for such classic properties as GATCHAMAN (科学忍者隊ガッチャマン, Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, 1972-74) and TIME BOKAN (タイムボカン, Taimubokan 1975-76). He later became a freelance artist notably doing illustrations and conceptual design work for the FINAL FANTASY (ファイナルファンタジー, Fainaru Fantajii) video game series, and the Elric Saga, Heroic Legend of Arslan, and Vampire Hunter D novel series, among many others. He has also released over a dozen art books, collaborated on theatrical and opera productions, produced lithographs in Paris and New York, and has held solo exhibitions all over the world. In 1999 he published The Sandman: The Dream Hunters with writer Neil Gaiman, which received a Bram Stoker Award. Yoshitaka Amano is also the recipient of Seiun, Eisner, Dragon Con, and Julie Awards.

For additional information on Yoshitaka Amano: Illustrations and other art book titles distributed and published by VIZ Media, please visit VIZ.com.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #655
Tazer

Yo.

cant wait to hear/see Mewzards reaction to this: http://www.varietynewsclub.com/2016/...ve-action.html

Quote:
‘Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure’ Live-Action Movie in Production by Warner Bros. and Toho
I hope its nothing like that p.o.s. Dragonball live action film.... *shudder* :/

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 01-10-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #656
Space Cop
The Dandy

Original ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Anime Returning To Theaters In February

Quote:
In about two and a half months, audiences will have a chance to see the live-action adaptation of the iconic anime Ghost in the Shell. The movie has been at the center of some controversy since it has placed Scarlett Johansson in the lead role as a character who was Japanese in the original manga, adding to the ongoing list of whitewashing that many have grown tired of in recent years. But for all those fans upset by the new Ghost in the Shell, there is at least one bright spot.

Lionsgate and Funimation have announced that the original Ghost in the Shell will be returning to theaters in the United States for just two nights. Find out when and where you can see the Ghost in the Shell anime in theaters again below.

Director Mamoru Oshii‘s anime adaptation of Masamune Shirow manga series will return to US theaters on February 7th and February 8th next month, and there will be two different ways to watch it. You can see the subtitled version on February 7th, or you can see the English dubbed version on February 8th.

Here’s what Gen Fukunaga, founder and CEO of Funimation, had to say about the re-release: “We’re excited to be partnering with Lionsgate to bring the original Ghost in the Shell movie back to U.S. theaters. Ghost in the Shell is truly a seminal work in anime cinema and it helped firmly establish a market for the genre with U.S. movie audiences.”

While this is good news for fans who just love the anime, there will only be 110 theaters hosting the re-release. To find the closest participating theater, head to the Funimation website.

Otherwise, for those who can’t find a theater close enough, don’t forget that Mondo will be releasing a deluxe collector’s edition Blu-ray in a cool Steelbook case on March 14, 2017.

The live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell will arrive just over a couple weeks later on March 31.

Last edited by Space Cop; 01-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:09 AM   #657
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
My gf has forced me to watch Naruto. I'm on episode 60 something of Shippuden and I want to kill myself.

I put her onto Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game of Thrones and Sherlock...I DESERVE BETTER!

I have since made it to episode 3-- of Naruto. Don't know the exact number but much progress has been made. Still prefer my Dragon Ball series.

Watching Black Lagoon right now. Its a fun shoot em up show that tries to have a heart.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #658
Tazer

Yo.

if yur upwards of eps #350, yur almost done; be careful of the fillers during the 4th Great Ninja War -arc, as they can stretch for multiple months (Id pass on Boruto tho.) :/

Id also recommend giving Mahoutsukai no Yome (aka The Ancient Magus' Bride) a try; its unlike just about *every* anime I watch, but the fancy & fantastical -ness of its story is just too nice to ignore.

lastly, if yur not watching Dragon Ball Super, then U missed something that was so "HOLYSHITFUCKBALLS!!!!" its akin to Goku going SSJ that 1st time IMO.....

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #659
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

if yur upwards of eps #350, yur almost done; be careful of the fillers during the 4th Great Ninja War -arc, as they can stretch for multiple months (Id pass on Boruto tho.) :/

Id also recommend giving Mahoutsukai no Yome (aka The Ancient Magus' Bride) a try; its unlike just about *every* anime I watch, but the fancy & fantastical -ness of its story is just too nice to ignore.

lastly, if yur not watching Dragon Ball Super, then U missed something that was so "HOLYSHITFUCKBALLS!!!!" its akin to Goku going SSJ that 1st time IMO.....

Tazer

I'm definitely watching Dragon Ball Super, but I'm only watching the dubbed episodes. I'll check out your recommendation this weekend.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #660
Tazer

Yo.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 04-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #661
Space Cop
The Dandy

I have no idea what they're saying, but this was a pretty funny mash-up:

+ YouTube Video
Old 07-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #662
Tazer

Yo.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/74298...ng-at-least-16

Quote:
Japanese Anime Studio Hit With Suspected Arson, Killing At Least 33 People
maybe that guy was mad that there was no 2nd season of Myriad Colors Phantom World.....??

Tazer

Quote: