The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Larfleazy E
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Default Scribblenauts Unmasked

I bought this game today mostly because it features hundreds of DC Characters and the ability to create even more.

The hero creator mode is pretty fun (but far from perfect). the ability to easily share and download other people's creations is pretty awesome. I was able to download a nicely done Parallax Sinestro.

If you have the game or end up getting it. post pictures of your creations here

so far here is what I've been able to make
Green Lantern Batman

Black Lantern Aquaman

Black Lantern Superman

Orange Lantern Lex Luthor

Black Lantern Deadman
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

So what is the point of the game, besides creating a hero?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm assuming that it is much like other Scribblenauts games, where the point is to complete various tasks by creating pretty much anything you want via Maxwell's magic notebook (in a previous game, I defeated a monster shark-thingy by creating an "heroic, invincible manatee" and dropping it in the water, where it proceeded to destroy the shark. My kids find it amusing to create an "explosive dog" which, when you pet it, starts beeping, then explodes). The main difference, as I understand it, is that the locations are DCU locations, and you can create thousands of DC characters even without using the capabilities of the Hero Creator.

I've enjoyed the previous Scribblenauts games, but didn't buy this at release simply because, IMHO, it is overpriced at $40. I'll buy it when it reaches half that, or lower (and since it is available on Steam, it's a good bet that WILL happen at some point).

Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-26-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

Sounds like Little Big World, which I wasn't motivated to complete (came free with my PS3).
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Old 02-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #6
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

Continued from the GLC #27 "upcoming issue" thread, as more appropriate over here.

Yes, there are indeed toys. Arrived at my local CBS this week. Series #1 has eleven figures. Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman, Deadman, a gold Superman (?) and a GL with red hair that's probably Jordan with headphones on. Villains Joker, Black Manta, an evil Batman, Bizarro. Most of the figures are in 2/24 or 3/24 ratios per flat of 24 blind boxes. However, the gold Superman and the Lantern are "wild cards." Who knows how many rare ones are out there???

First draw was a Joker. He's really cute. Stands about 2" high on a base, articulated arms, turning head, made of what I call "anime vinyl." Nice colors, meaning they're probably laced with lead despite the safety notice on the box. Series 1 box features the Lantern front and center. Get 'em while they're hot, folks.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Last edited by Evergreen City; 02-01-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #7
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

Okay, this was just too cute. I paid a little bit of a premium and got the Scribblenauts Lantern off Amazon. Showed up in record time. Cool right-handed ring. Great but strange headphones. Funny hair. He makes me smile.

The point of the game: Maxwell, who's probably the kid transformed into a GL, unites with the other heroes, especially the Justice League, "to restore order to the DC Comics Universe" (per packaging). More power to him!

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
packerbacker
Banned

My son loves this game, I'm having fun with it as well.
packerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote