The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > Introduce yourself!
FLASHCHAT

Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:30 AM   #51
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I refuse to sign up for facebook, so I am out of the loop on all of that stuff. I stay free of personal drama, and my brother sends me all of the offensive memes and slutty pics my little heart could desire. Miss the old GL posters though. At least the regular ones.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #52
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
I refuse to sign up for facebook, so I am out of the loop on all of that stuff. I stay free of personal drama...
That was it exactly. Man, I have family and friends that stop talking because of Facebook posts and status changes. It's a dang internet soap opera and I don't need it. During the two weeks I was on, I felt like I was being pulled between voyeurism and exhibitionism, but very little positive. So, I nuked the account and have never regretted it.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:30 AM   #53
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

I have an account but I only log on like 4 times a year. My birthday, Fathers Day, Christmas, and usually just once or twice here and there. I mainly stay away from it because like everybody says... its too much drama.

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
Old 07-06-2017, 06:41 AM   #54
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Well if you guys are chatty with any of the old crew on FB or other sites, tell them we miss them here.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #55
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
The funny thing about that is another former user (who will remain nameless) said the same thing when I asked why he doesn't post on the boards anymore.

Quote:
I think Dave should bring back Tazz. His crazy antics always boosted activity.
He was a fun one.

I work close to 70 hours a week. I barely have time for what I do on fb, let alone forums now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #56
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

You're an ass-hat too Robinson. When was the last time you posted anything here before this? A year or more? Star-Lantern bizarrely hijacked this thread and turned it into a personal attack on me, then suddenly you jumped in.

-//V\\- and Star-Lantern aren't ever going to write a Green Lantern comic. I'll gladly be the bearer of bad news about that. What's really eating them is that can't write nearly as well as I do, and I don't even want to write a Green Lantern comic. So how does that make them look?

They can grow up and deal with it or not.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-06-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #57
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Ladies, you're all pretty. And by that, I mean ALL of your fanfic sucks. None of us here are ever going to be writers. Our place is on THIS side of the comic rack. No shame in that.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #58
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
You're an ass-hat too Robinson. When was the last time you posted anything here before this? A year or more? Star-Lantern bizarrely hijacked this thread and turned it into a personal attack on me, then suddenly you jumped in.

-//V\\- and Star-Lantern aren't ever going to write a Green Lantern comic. I'll gladly be the bearer of bad news about that. What's really eating them is that can't write nearly as well as I do, and I don't even want to write a Green Lantern comic. So how does that make them look?

Lol. You're funny.

And I didn't jump in on anything, I just commented on sylents post. I confirmed that it was I who he was mentioning. I didn't say your writing sucked, I just said it's annoying to see the you say the same shit in every thread. I gloss over your posts so I don't know, nor give a fuck if your writing is good or just dog shit terrible.

And if your are capable of comprehension you would also see where I said why I don't post here a lot.

If you are feeling "attacked" then there's probably some truth to what people are saying and it's touching a nerve and I'm pretty sure it's not the first time you've seen comments of a similar nature.

So have fun with your fanfic, maybe it'll be the next 50 shades.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #59
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I suppose what it comes down to is that Spy has never gotten the traffic in his fanfic threads that he desired, so he has been busy expressing himself by cleverly disguising his fanfic as "ideas to save DC" from themselves. By posting his ideas for stories in threads instead of straight up stories, he now gets all of us to unwittingly read his shitty ideas, which now spill over into half of the threads on the forum. If we won't go to his fanfic, he will find a way to get his fanfic to US.

I don't want to be the guy to stunt anyone's creativity, much less silence conversation; especially when active conversation is in such short supply here since the movie bombed and Johns jumped ship. At least Spy is contributing, is my rationale on the matter. But God DAMN his ideas SUCK. And by suck I mean suck BAD. Nobody here likes them aside from him, though he is SURE that if he keeps talking about them that they will get over. They won't. Spy's ideas to save the Green Lantern franchise aren't the next NWO or 4 Horsemen, they are the Gobbetygooker. And the kids don't love 'em Roddy.

And that's not to say that Spy is the real problem here. If I honestly thought he WAS, I would have done something about it. He's honestly just another fanboy like us, he just likes to express his creativity in a manner that's grown tiresome for some. The REAL problem is that GL isn't good enough to talk about. No movie (for now), no games, no animated show, and the comics themselves are lackluster at best.

I'm sure it WILL get better at some point, and that point will come when the movie gets closer to happening. DC will put some oomph behind the comics again. They will have a change of direction with new creative teams and things will be happening again. It's just going to...take a while...
Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #60
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Oh you don't want to write Green Lantern? *looks at links in sig*

You sure old man? You need to take your dementia meds...

~//V\\~

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
Old 07-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #61
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

It's just like you never grew up to be a pro athlete, and you got over that. You'll get over never writing Kyle too.

I'm not keeping you down. Your lack of writing ability will do that.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #62
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
I'm not keeping you down. Your lack of writing ability will do that.
Says the guy who posts his ridiculous ideas endlessly and who talks down and attacks anyone who disagrees with him or calls him out on his bullshit.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #63
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Have you ever started a thread here Booster? Even one?

And guess what, Mr. -//V\\-. Comics writers can't choose which comic they're going to write. Well, maybe Geoff Johns can, but nobody else. That's because he can appoint himself as a writer. But even his authority is limited there. Not so long ago, Diane Nelson involuntarily reduced his writing workload.

I think Kurt Busiek has wanted to write Green Lantern for a long time, but they've never let him do it. Even though he'd obviously do a better job than anybody since Gerard Jones.

Yet you're going to walk into Dan DiDio's office an say, "Guess what, Dan. I'm writing Kyle!" And Dan's going to say, "Oh joy!"

That's not going to happen. Just keeping it real for you, partner.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-08-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #64
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

So why don't comics writers get to pick which comics they write?

Put yourself in Dan DiDio's shoes. If he lets one guy do that, then the very next day there'll be a dozen guys in his office clamoring to be put on a different title than the one they're writing. He can't let one writer establish that precedent.

Anyway, why was this topic posted in the Introduce Yourself forum?
Old 07-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #65
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Originally to discuss why people were leaving, then you went on your same rhetorical GL rant.

I forgot I can's just stroll into Dan's office, maybe I'll find him on a message board LOL

Just because I have dreams to work for DC and the ability to tell a story in a shared universe doesn't mean it'll never happen because I can't work on Kyle Rayner. See... unlike many people who bitch all day long about DC... I'm still an actual fan. Aquaman, Superboy, Starman, the LoSH, Metamorpho, Ragman, you name it. If I get the chance to pitch anything, best believe I'm going to. I don't care which character it is....

EDIT: And it's hilarious how much you pretend to know about the business! You asked somebody if they ever started a thread here so I feel I should ask... have you ever had a comic published? Ever had a meeting in DC or Marvel or hell even Image or Dynamite offices? At the very least... I took a tour of their offices in '05 which is probably closer than you've ever been.

~//V\\~

Last edited by -//V\\-; 07-08-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:48 AM   #66
IonFan
Forum Member

< link here

anyway we're at 76 now

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted him to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
Old 07-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #67
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Yeah, this thread is going nowhere good in a hurry.