reminds me of this:

Old 06-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #28
CaptainFrxz
Green Lantern

Just saw the movie with my friends.
We all loved it,i had a better time watching this than i had watching Avengers age of ultron.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #29
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

ok debate time because im still struggling with this. wich do you think is the best jp. the original or jw?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #30
robojac
Corps Honor Guard

I saw Jurassic World on Monday and I was entertained by it but thought it was a moderate movie. The characters could use more development and the dinosaurs had more personality than some of them.The CGI/visual FX are fine but I wish a little bit more animatronics were used in the film. The injured brontosaurus was the only scene I recall them using puppets. With the exception of the JP theme, Michael Giacchino's score didn't really stand out to me. I'll buy the JW soundtrack and hear if it's better on the album but so far John Williams and Don Davis did better jobs on their scores to the previous films. I was hoping JW would be as smart of a reboot to the JP franchise as Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes was for the POTA franchise. But no such luck.

I saw all three Jurassic Park movies in the theater but I remember walking out of the theater when JP ended and looking up to see if there were any dinosaurs outside. That's how immersed in that movie I was. I think JP is a superior film to JW but I can't decide to rank JW 2nd or 3rd out of the four movies. IMO JW had no scene that rivaled the T-Rex attacking the jeep or any of the raptor attacks in the cafeteria/museum in JP. Even TLW:JP had more suspense in the scene where the T-Rex attacks the trailer and pushes it off the edge of a cliff.

JW is a fun and entertaining film but lacks the thrills, suspense, and wonder from the Spielberg entries. Chris Pratt riding along running raptors on a motorcycle and the underwater dinosaur eating a shark are memorable images but the movie didn't wow me enough. The film felt like it's been there done that. Overall I thought the film was average and I don't have a desire to see it again in the theater unlike the first film. I'll watch it again when it hits Blu-Ray/DVD.
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #31
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-19-2015, 01:48 AM   #32
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
ok debate time because im still struggling with this. wich do you think is the best jp. the original or jw?
Jurassic Park is still by far the superior movie, not only does Park have a sense of wonder that no movie in the franchise has been able to replicate, it has a smarter, tighter script. I liked Jurassic World, it was a good movie, but it just can't match the depth of the original.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:48 AM   #33
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Prattkeeping, the meme 65 million Internets in the making.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #34
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Jurassic Park is still by far the superior movie, not only does Park have a sense of wonder that no movie in the franchise has been able to replicate, it has a smarter, tighter script. I liked Jurassic World, it was a good movie, but it just can't match the depth of the original.
in a sense of felt jw was a bit more smarter in regards to the science behind the gene gnomes. i will agree with the original was more about the wonder and the scares but even you have to admit jw was very on par with the original despite not having a sense of fear like the original

i really thought it was a amazing thing to see the i-rex more than just your t-rex ripoff because at least in this one we get a sense of what the animal is thinking after being caged most of its life hence the hunting for sport line ontop of using a cuttle fish a raptor and i believe one more predator type gene . also training raptors man at first i thought it was kind of a stupid thing before i saw the film but now that i think back to raptors from the original they were indeed smart and it was cool to see that the possibility of training such a creature could happen. i guess in a sense it did make me wonder of hey if these things were indeed still around in real life how would one manage to train it? plus if you think back to malcoms words on how life finds a way this new film really shows it in more ways than one

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 06-19-2015 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 AM   #35
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

(taken from Tumblr)

nmtbollocks:
I just read from Huffington Post about the theory that Owen Grady is the kid that Dr. Grant scare from Jurassic Park! I love things like this. Can someone make a gif for this?!
Imagine that is the reason that Owen knows the Raptors attack patterns and he based their relationship with them on respect?! my feelings are all over the place!!
Old 06-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #36
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
the gene gnomes
the what?
Old 06-19-2015, 03:23 AM   #37
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Lol I think he means genomes

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:28 AM   #38
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
the what?

the image I have in my head right now:

Old 06-19-2015, 03:35 AM   #39
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Prattkeeping level: MASTER

Old 06-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #40
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #41
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

it was a film to make 1 billion the fastest. i dont think the original did that

Jurassic World continued to devour box office records this weekend bringing in an incredible $102 million in its second weekend! Jurassic World is now only the second film ever to make over a hundred million in its second weekend of release, the first film to do so was Marvel's original The Avengers. The film has now brought in almost $400 million domestically and around $981 million worldwide!

The film has destroyed box office expectations for the year, with it now looking to become the fastest film to cross the $1 billion mark worldwide by this time tomorrow afternoon!

Now many are asking how big can this film become? It is already well on its way to becoming the highest grossing film of the year, and the only thing standing in its way is a little film called Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Unless there is another big surprise in the box office numbers this year it looks as though Jurassic World will claim at the very least, the 2nd highest grossing film of the year. Many Analyst are predicting Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be the biggest film of the year and perhaps the biggest film of all time, I myself being one of those people! We will just have to wait and see how all these predictions & impressive numbers shake out at the end of the year.

Debuting in second place this weekend with a performance not to be underestimated was Disney Pixar's new animated family film Inside Out bringing in a whopping $91 million! The highly acclaimed family film scored the second highest opening weekend of all time for a Pixar film behind only the $110 debut of Toy Story 3 back in 2010.

Coming in a distant third place this weekend was Fox's Spy hauling in another $10.5 million. The film has now brought in $74.4 million domestically, which isn't bad considering the competition over the past few weeks.

Warner Brothers' disaster film San Andreas came in fourth place with around $8 million. The Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson starring film has now earned an impressive $132 million domestically in just 24 days.

Rounding out the top five this weekend was the critically praised Sundance film Dope debuting in fifth place with a lower than expected $6 million.

Well that is it for the box office weekend update!

http://www.eastcoastmovieguys.com/mo...boxofficeagain

Old 06-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #42
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #43
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzled Shits View Post
Who else has seen it?
Went with the fam last night. Saw it in 2D (none of us wanted to spend the extra).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzled Shits View Post
Also, I'm curious as to what y'alls favorite Dino is
Ankylosaurus. They were my favorite from childhood and I was always disappointed they didn't make JP 1-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojac View Post
I saw Jurassic World on Monday and I was entertained by it but thought it was a moderate movie. The characters could use more development and the dinosaurs had more personality than some of them.The CGI/visual FX are fine but I wish a little bit more animatronics were used in the film. The injured brontosaurus was the only scene I recall them using puppets.
Yeah, I would've liked more practical and I specifically was thinking about that (I think when iRex breaks out and attacks the jeeps). The brontos were still at least partial CGI. I figure the raptor heads in the muzzles were practical but probably with CGI eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojac View Post
... I think JP is a superior film to JW but I can't decide to rank JW 2nd or 3rd out of the four movies. IMO JW had no scene that rivaled the T-Rex attacking the jeep or any of the raptor attacks in the cafeteria/museum in JP. Even TLW:JP had more suspense in the scene where the T-Rex attacks the trailer and pushes it off the edge of a cliff.

JW is a fun and entertaining film but lacks the thrills, suspense, and wonder from the Spielberg entries. . .
Yeah it's either 2 or 3 for me. It's hands down better than JP 3, but I'd have to see Lost World again to be sure. Some things felt forced (cramming in the exposition of Owen being Navy and such) and predictable (who was going to make it or not and what creature would save the day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Yeah, this. I definitely liked it a lot and it will end up 2nd or 3rd for me. My favorite bits are actually seeing how the park would look. I love that the place has an Imax, a Brookstone, a Margarittaville, and of course a Starbucks.

Additional problems or questions: how could the iRex make a practical weapon? It couldn't be controlled. It would only work in a place where you had no concerns about friendly fire or civilian casualties. You know what we do to those places? We carpet bomb them! That's way more cost effective than dropping a hard-to-retrieve multi-million dollar dinosaur. The raptors I could sort-of, kind-of buy (although, think about it--bears, tigers, and lions can all be trained but there's a reason we don't use them in combat), but not the iRex.

Continuity question:
no one has brought this up here but my folks couldn't answer this either. Did I miss it or did they never explain how Owen got the skin (with the tracker) piece of the iRex. The last I remembered seeing it was when team 1 died and Owen didn't go to that place. Then, all of a sudden, he's using it for the raptors. Maybe I missed it, but I'm thinking they probably cut a scene that showed someone retrieving that.

Last edited by Space Cop; 06-25-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #44
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Indominus dug it out herself. Is that what you mean?
Old 06-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #45
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Indominus dug it out herself. Is that what you mean?
No. The soldier that picked it up died and it should've been on the ground where he died. Later, Owen has it (he uses it for the raptors to get the scent of their prey, the iRex), but I don't recall them ever showing that he or anyone else picked it up. I may just be forgetting it, but as far as I remember, Owen didn't go to the place where the first team was killed and the survivor that dragged off the dying guy didn't look like he was turning back for the skin sample. The skin and tracker should've been lying there with the dead security guys.

Last edited by Space Cop; 06-25-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #46
Space Cop
The Dandy

Here's something my mother pointed out last night and now sent me an e-mail (because I didn't remember it).

Jeep #29 is Hammond's VIP Jeep.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #47
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
No. The soldier that picked it up died and it should've been on the ground where he died. Later, Owen has it (he uses it for the raptors to get the scent of their prey, the iRex), but I don't recall them ever showing that he or anyone else picked it up. I may just be forgetting it, but as far as I remember, Owen didn't go to the place where the first team was killed and the survivor that dragged off the dying guy didn't look like he was turning back for the skin sample. The skin and tracker should've been lying there with the dead security guys.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I would just assume someone went back and picked it up after Indominus got out of her area. I actually watched it again last night just to see the end match. *giggles*
Old 06-26-2015, 01:59 AM   #48
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-26-2015, 03:22 AM   #49
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I like that Dr. Malcolm is writing another book.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #50
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

I bet it's a chaotic read. Har har har