The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Default Toy Guns suck now

Seriously am I the only one this bothers? My friends little brother wanted a toy gun. He went home upset because they all looked stupid so he did not buy one. He made a good point when he said,That it sucks that we can have toy guns that make all kinds of cool firing sounds and lights,but asking for it in black or silver is just to much.

I explained to him why,and that did not seem to make him feel any better. Because if a bad kid or person really wanted to pass a gun off as real then they would just spray paint it. So the only ones suffering are the good kids who just want to play cops or war.

My Gripe is more of that Nerf has to make thier guns yellow and orange and they shoot foam. However you can go to walmart and buy a black airsoft gun that could put somones eye out and it is jet black. Am I the only one this seems dumb to?

Your thoughts.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

When I was a kid, I had some of my dads old metal guns, which fired caps. I also had a shotgun, while my friend had a machine gun. All black of course, and could "easily" be mistaken for real guns.

Those days have come and gone, it would seem. Why? Fear.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I had a few, but my favorite was this Rambo M-60 it went from SMG to rifle and had the moving bullet belt. I can't think of that gun without thinkng of those good times as a kid.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

yea, it sucks we allow fear to dominate our lives this day and age. No cool toy guns, heavily supervised short lasting trick-or-treating. I feel sorry for kids today.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Projekt

i miss the old guns, kids today are missing out!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I miss those old toy guns from back in the day. I had a machine gun that made that crackling sound while sparks flew out of the back. It was awesome!

There have been too many occasions where people have been shot by police officers from brandishing toy guns. Back when Lazer Tag was the next big thing, a kid was gunned down at a school because it looked like he held a real firearm. He was just playing Lazer Tag with his friends at night. That was the beginning of the end for black toy guns.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

correct. the only "fear" thats keeping kids from playing with black, realistic-looking guns, would be the fear of either: 1) a lawsuit from the parents cuz their child caught 2 to the chest (if he's lucky) while holding 1, or 2) the cop(s) who FIRED the rounds that caught said child in the chest no longer wanting to be officers anymore and then becoming basket-cases & a liability to the police force.

if they can make toys that give kids the fun of shooting shit @ one another, and keeps them from becomming accidental targets due to a cop having bad eyesight or watever..............I say fuck it, change is a GOOD THING.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

yeah toy guns now adays suck but on the upside man nerf guns are cooler than ever!

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

The story I heard was some kid back in the 80's was shot by a cop when he was playing with a toy transformers megatron. Which does look like a real gun.

But instead of the cop seeing any reprimands, instead a law was passed that all toy guns were to be bright orange, or have orange tips. The fact that they no longer shoot anything has more to do with potential lawsuits when some kid actually gets hurt somehow by the fired caps or plastic bullets.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I used to have one of those guns that fired small, circular, colored disks that flew up to 50 feet (probably more). Those guns were AWESOME! You could load about 20 disks into the chamber and fire away. I doubt they still make those as they looked like a 9mm from a distance and could easily put an eye out.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

isnt it funny to see that they make the guns look as they do now, but if U want to buy a pellet gun, THOSE FUCKING THINGS still look like the real deal:

fucking madness man...............

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

I had a few airsoft guns. A sweet little rifle and a pistol. Scared the crap out of my brother one time cause he was half asleep and saw me with my pistol and thought it was real. So I can see why people want them to be more brightly lit.

But I love nerf guns now a days. Ive gotten together with some friends and done little things where we break off into "armies" and do capture the flag. Its still really fun, except at night if we're playing you can spot guys if they dont cover up their gun lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I think this world has become to fast to blame someone else. I remember the Megatron incident. I have that figure and it dose not look real enough that I would drill a kid over. That said the little brat should not have been pointing it at a cop or realy anyone who was not playing the game with him. I don't think it is Megatron that got that killed I think it was his parents being tardos.

I Agree with the Orange tip law. But the entire gun is going a little far in my book. Part of being a boy is playing soldier,and I can understand not wanting to use a bright pink gun that looks like it came from Elton John's Armory.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:10 AM   #14
Spectre216
Green Lantern Initiate

of course they suck, this is the millennium, nothings really been good since the end of the 90's.
Spectre216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #15
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
I think this world has become to fast to blame someone else. I remember the Megatron incident. I have that figure and it dose not look real enough that I would drill a kid over. That said the little brat should not have been pointing it at a cop or realy anyone who was not playing the game with him. I don't think it is Megatron that got that killed I think it was his parents being tardos.

I Agree with the Orange tip law. But the entire gun is going a little far in my book. Part of being a boy is playing soldier,and I can understand not wanting to use a bright pink gun that looks like it came from Elton John's Armory.
Sucks to be in the USA and getting MP Megatron. You guys get the orange capped one, wich kinda sucks (then again the MP figure kinda sucks too). I got mine from England, no orange cap.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #16
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Dude after that shooting incident a Orange cap is the least of Megatrons problems. I mean they only have been making him look stupid for what 17 years now? I take that back the Henkei Classics one was not so bad,But as you pointed out it was to cool for the us market so we get the purple Green one.

Me and some of my TF buddies joke that the sad thing is Megatron can turn into a gun,but he can't shoot himeself in the head and put himeself outta his own missery.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:17 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I remember I used to have the coolest BB guns. One was metal, looked like a Beretta. It took a plastic magazine that you slap into it, loaded with plastic bullets that you push the BB into the tip of. When you fire, it would eject the plastic "shell casings" as you fired.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote