Green Lantern vs. Aliens Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern vs. Aliens Opinions

Hi everybody, I just discovered this existed. I'm a massive enthusiast of the first three Alien movies, and a fan of Kyle. Any opinions would be hugely appreciated, please!

A good read, not the best crossover or mini. They did something big in it that seemed for years to be in continuity, but then seemed to be retconned with GLC Recharge. I don't want to spoil it, though.

Worth finding at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      A good read, not the best crossover or mini. They did something big in it that seemed for years to be in continuity, but then seemed to be retconned with GLC Recharge. I don't want to spoil it, though.

Worth finding at a reasonable price.
      Hmm...wondering if I should instead invest in that pre-order for GL/Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
        Hmm...wondering if I should instead invest in that pre-order for GL/Star Trek.
        Take a sampling of our threads on those issues. Since you're not much of a Trekkie, it might not be your best choice (especially since it's not in continuity).

Comment

Take a sampling of our threads on those issues. Since you're not much of a Trekkie, it might not be your best choice (especially since it's not in continuity).
          I LOVE the 60s show, but not much else. Is that good or bad? Thanks for the help btw!

Comment

I LOVE the 60s show, but not much else. Is that good or bad? Thanks for the help btw!
            Well the crossover is with the nuTrek from the recent movies, not the 60s show.

Neither the Trek crossover nor the Aliens one has any relevance whatsoever to actual GL (or Star Trek or Aliens) continuity, so they are the same on that score. I'd say as far as the crossover elements go, which you'd prefer would depend on which you like better, Aliens or the new Trek movies.

On the GL side, the Aliens story, if I recall correctly, has a prologue with Hal and the GLC, then shifts to years later with Kyle, so whether you are an old school GL fan or a Kyle fan, there is SOMETHING for you. (You mentioned Kyle, and he is the focus of most of it).

In the Star Trek one, on the other hand, Kyle is not a factor, so if you are PRIMARILY a Kyle fan, that's a strike against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Well the crossover is with the nuTrek from the recent movies, not the 60s show.

Neither the Trek crossover nor the Aliens one has any relevance whatsoever to actual GL (or Star Trek or Aliens) continuity, so they are the same on that score. I'd say as far as the crossover elements go, which you'd prefer would depend on which you like better, Aliens or the new Trek movies.

On the GL side, the Aliens story, if I recall correctly, has a prologue with Hal and the GLC, then shifts to years later with Kyle, so whether you are an old school GL fan or a Kyle fan, there is SOMETHING for you. (You mentioned Kyle, and he is the focus of most of it).

In the Star Trek one, on the other hand, Kyle is not a factor, so if you are PRIMARILY a Kyle fan, that's a strike against it.
              Thanks! I'm not partial to any GL (except maybe Kilowog), so I'm up in the air in regard to either ST or Aliens. I am far more a fan of Aliens than the actual ST movies, plus I'm great with Kyle, so I'll probably edge more toward that one.

Comment

Hi everybody, I just discovered this existed. I'm a massive enthusiast of the first three Alien movies, and a fan of Kyle. Any opinions would be hugely appreciated, please!
                I liked both the Trek and Alien crossover series.

The Alien crossover, has a bit more of a serious edge to it, but both are fun. Neither series is especially well written, but again, if I had to choose just one, a slight edge to the Alien/GL story over the Trek series.

Trek one has more humor, a bit more light hearted, a bunch of Blackest Night bits (multi-colored Lanterns). Sci-fi stories with Green Lanterns, enjoyable, but not edge of your seat reading.
                Lundonj
                Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                Last edited by Lundonj; 02-09-2016, 04:58 PM. Reason: serious v. series - autocorrect madness
                “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

At this point it seems as though both are inessential, but fun. I'll probably try 'em both.

Comment

At this point it seems as though both are inessential, but fun. I'll probably try 'em both.
                    As a GL fanatic, they're ALL essential to me. :-p

Good, bad or otherwise, I seem to have to read every single one of them...
                    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

You're going to run out of money if you keep ordering every comic anyone here even remotely recommends.

Comment

You're going to run out of money if you keep ordering every comic anyone here even remotely recommends.
                        lol! Let's just say I have a well paying job.

Comment

Working...
                        X