The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Fan Works
FLASHCHAT

About Us

Old 07-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Default GLC REBIRTH FAN SECTION

A new thread for people to share their backstories or other stories linked with the RPG. Fan Art is also welcome.
Discussion of the game is also welcome on a smaller note.

Last edited by LanternJake; 07-19-2010 at 12:24 AM.
LanternJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
THE MR. TERRIFIC
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

I just posted my stats. My character is a rookie Green Lantern. Kid Lantern is still working on my mini of my design.

Mitchel Masters is a tough as nails Green Lantern from the planet Van'n. He likes to play practical jokes on the other Lanterns and is always the "life of the party." Don't underestimate him though, he has the heart of a warrior.

Here is my design I did last night in MSPaint

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
LanternJake
Green Lantern

We have our first post!!! Cool design Mr Terrific ,Liking the beard!Nice to see an original costume design aswell
Old 07-19-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
THE MR. TERRIFIC

Thanks! Kid Lantern is working on my mini. Do you know where to create them?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Unfortunately it's just a case of finding templates and editing them on MS paint as far as I know but I'd leave it to KL if I were you ,his Micros are amazing.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
THE MR. TERRIFIC

NP I was just wondering because they look cool and I wanted to give it a shot.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Have a look round here ,http://microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #8
THE MR. TERRIFIC

Thanks for the link!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Thumbs up

Not that we needed another thread for the game but what the hell....

Aieg R' Ene is a sentient energy creature from the planet Noigreene. The world is small and only a few sentient bands of energy remain and survive the elements. The inhabitants themselves pose no threat to anyone and most aliens don't even know they exist. Upon getting the ring, Aieg R' joined the energy of the ring with his own and created a hard construct body based on the humanoids surrounding him in his class of new recruits. When he created his body he made sure to include the 5 senses, although he can taste food he has no stomach or organs. He became good friends with Lantern Flair of Throneworld.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Zar Somat is a humanoid from the planet Zakantu.Zar joined his worlds army as soon as he could ,he went on to lead the army and won many wars.When he found out that his mother and sister were dead he was hot on the trail of the people who did this;The Sinestro Corps.
He was further fuelled by rage when his friends and family were killed before his eyes.His whole planet was soon to be overridden by an inexperienced sinestro of his sector until Zar gained his ring...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
THE MR. TERRIFIC

Hot off the press props to KL!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
RedRage916

well Rill'sew is a tactical guy shrouded in confusion, He does not know his last name ,sector, or year hes from he woke up to a red ring on his finger and a heart full of rage, after the entity leaves him and the entity war is over or sometime durring i am hoping to be able to reveal a peace of his past. he may be full of rage but it is nnot something he is best at. he is hulk like powehouse with a brain. currently posesed by the entity and hated by all rill'sew is trapped inside while the butcher controls his body like a puppet

Last edited by RedRage916; 07-19-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
Shingo Wol

Tales of The Green Lantern Corps!
Green Lantern Bio: Dener Brecilian

Dener Brecilian is from the planet Drexel-4 in Sector 1992.

On his howeworld, He was a Knight-errant. He turned his back on his Order to marry the love of his life. Isabella.

That joy was short-lived when Isabella was brutalized and then murdered by a gang of thieves Dener had once imprisoned.

Overcome with grief and fury, Dener had tracked down and killed her killers.

After she had been buried he calmed himself and contemplated suicide; at least then he would be with her.

It was then that the ring had come to him. Giving him new purpose in his now directionless life.

Thrust into service, Dener found new comrades to replace the friends he had deserted on his Planet.

But fate would not be so kind...

His new found brothers in arms all met their fates in the months to follow.

Dying, vanishing, or falling to the other corps, until once more, Dener was left alone.

But he perservered. A veteran in the company of many fresh-faced reruits, He found himself chosen to be The Sword of the Guardians.
He is entrusted with raising the next Generation of Guardians.

He can not think of a greater Honor.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #14
Terakey2000

Nice little place we have here.

The backstory of my Green Lantern character is still in the works and that's because he just got the ring. I would say that Ashek will definitively have an origin story once he returns to his homeworld. There are a few plot points I will love to explore with this character. This is a brief list:

a-He returns to his home planet only to find it in the process of freezing. He -along other Green Lanterns,- must hurry to evacuate the planet and relocate his people.

b-Take a look at the reason why the star went nova. There is a huge plot there, waiting to be used (By KL or anyone) that I would love to explore.

c-The constant tension with other Green Lanterns who don't look human at all.

These are just on top of my head.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #15
Teorwyn

Lian Vidd's just your average athlete-turned-space cop. She has skills honed from years playing magnoball, morals built from her childhood with her parents and little brother (all three of whom she loves dearly), and a strong will.

Unfortunately, she's still rather naive and is having difficulties with the constant attacks--thus the reason she intends to visit Mogo at the first opportunity. Not to mention the nasty dreams...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #16
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Did I mention we'll see a new Mosaic built on Mogo later on, after the EW? The saved Korugans will be it's first step....

~KL~
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
Lantern Zion
Kilowog's Recruit

hmm Zion is a verry complex individual, hes like a hippie alien, love and peace and all that. He was born on a cargo ship and has wondered the universe sealing away his anger and violent emotions like spock does to all his emotions lol (star trek nerd) but battles come verry hard for him. He has had to fight to live before but it consists of holding the other person and relesing pheremones to calm them, he shows no fear. If the blue rings were active he would be a prime canadate. He currently wants to fight but due to his restrictions he has built in his mind he can not give the corps his all. He is monk like in his thoughts, but like a new monk, but he wishes to join a cult like brotherhood in his home sector that will help him with these problems, currently awaiting for commanding officers to grant him leave to the sector to unleash his mental blocks.

Lantern Zion-Sector 1969
Peace Be With You
Lantern Zion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
THE MR. TERRIFIC

Here's my fan art entry of my RPG GL Mitchel Masters based on KL's design.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #19
RedLantern3455
Kilowog's Recruit

After seeing the posts i thought to myself, "what the hell, why not?"

Blashron Alkeeno was a nobleman on his homeworld Zeskornia by day, and assasin-for hire by night. The planet was openly hostile to the Thanagarian empire and as a result, Blashron's family was cruelly slaughtered, and he was locked away for 5 years before a star sapphire ring came for him. Blashron immediatly opposed the ring and refused only to be taken by the red ring of rage and join the Red Lanterns on Ysmault.
To this day he still seeks the Thanagarian that ruined his life, Uron T'th.

Last edited by RedLantern3455; 07-21-2010 at 06:47 AM.
RedLantern3455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #20
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Use your Imagination for this one guys,I came up with a story filling in one of the gaps between the blackest night and the RPG-verse.If any of the more experienced players that have been playing since the start or near it want to help that'd be cool.

Tales or the RED LANTERN CORPS

The Blackest night was over and the pact between the red lanterns and sinestro corps was seemigly perfect.They would destroy everyone in their way...Every plan has it's holes.
Atrocitus watched as the reds continued to kill the sinestro corps members even thought the deal had been made.Like wild animals,savages.
Atrocitus knew that the blue light had once calmed him when he was working with the other lanterns,he could almost taste their blood a calming spirit within them.
The red lanterns hunted every blue lantern that existed,slaughtered at their hands.With the blood tainted by the blue ring Atrocitus created a new Identical central battery,with one side effect.
Each time the red lanterns recharged their rings the more and more control they gained of their rings eventually allowing them to create constructs.
Now the Reds and sinners could finally team up leading into a new era...REBIRTH

Last edited by LanternJake; 07-24-2010 at 12:34 AM.
LanternJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #21
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I like it. I'll work it into the alternate ending for Blackest Night that lead to the begining of this RPG. Most of it anyway....

KIDCON!

LMAO

~KL~
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
redjirachi
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

While I don't plan on joining the RPG,I will give some concepts for The Kid Lantern to use if he wishes

Nabma Niu
Sector-1417
Specie-Korugarian
Gender-Male
Emotion-
Previous occupation-Psychologist
History-A member of the planet Korugar,Nabma's family was one of the few to actually embrace Sinestro's rule over Korugar,finding him effectual.This was not the case for Namba,who continually argued that Sinestro was a tyrant.Following Sinestro's fall from grace,Nabma left the planet.His family,still supporters of Sinestro,were later arrested for this.Over the years her repressed anger would grow.Eventually she would go home to make peace,only to find her family dead in jail.This filled her heart with anger,allowing the red ring to make her a Red Lantern.She now wants both the death of Sinestro and his followers as well as the Korugarian society
Constructs-Other than discharging plasma energy from her mouth,Nabma uses constructs that look like her family members
redjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #23
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjirachi View Post
While I don't plan on joining the RPG,I will give some concepts for The Kid Lantern to use if he wishes

Nabma Niu
Sector-1417
Specie-Korugarian
Gender-Male
Emotion-
Previous occupation-Psychologist
History-A member of the planet Korugar,Nabma's family was one of the few to actually embrace Sinestro's rule over Korugar,finding him effectual.This was not the case for Namba,who continually argued that Sinestro was a tyrant.Following Sinestro's fall from grace,Nabma left the planet.His family,still supporters of Sinestro,were later arrested for this.Over the years her repressed anger would grow.Eventually she would go home to make peace,only to find her family dead in jail.This filled her heart with anger,allowing the red ring to make her a Red Lantern.She now wants both the death of Sinestro and his followers as well as the Korugarian society
Constructs-Other than discharging plasma energy from her mouth,Nabma uses constructs that look like her family members
You're always welcome to join ,KL wants new players all the time.It's not like you have to post all the time you can just jump in and out of the game.Nice concept though.
LMAO KIDCON btw Earth-KID?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #24
redjirachi
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

We'll see.These are mainly my ideas for Lanterns

Guul
Sector-3376
Specie-Prisuni
Gender-Asexual
Emotion-
Previous occupation-Adventurer
History-Guul is of the same species of the Sinestro Corps member Slushh.Due to the horrible actions of Sluush,all the other races in the sector are terrified of his kind.Those that would be known as the Warlords of Prisun wiped all Prisuni on the planet(Prisun was the homeworld of the species).Despite the prejudice towards his kind,it never let its anger get the best of it.This great willpower led to it becoming a Green Lantern.As a Prisuni,Guul eats live prey,and wishes to be in solitude.Guul cannot talk in traditional sense,using the ring to relay its thoughts.Guul considers Slushh its greatest enemy
Constructs-Guul will create fluid-like constructs.When using lethal force,Guul lunges into the enemy,instantly killing them
redjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #25
LanternJake
Green Lantern

Hey buddy ,I wouldn't mind if you were actually part of the game or willing to join but these posts are pretty useless!
KL uses his own characters and he plans out his stories,I'm loving the enthusiasm but unless KL gives the "Green" light for these characters you're wasting your time.

On another note we've got a fair few red and green stories any yellows want to submit anything???

Tags
glc, rebirth, rpg