Hal Jordan and the GLC #40 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Jordan and the GLC #40 *Spoilers*

The war between the house of Zod and the GLC finally begins! It looks like the Corps is finally putting the Zods in their place... until the Kryptonians stop holding back. Guy gets his ass kicked by Zod Jr. cause he refuses to fight a kid. Kyle holds his own against Zod while the rest of the Corps takes on Ursa and the natives of Jekuul.... and in the end after getting beaten down by Zod yet again... Kyle lets the ring of Hal's fly off his finger and back to Hal.

IDK what's gonna happen to Kyle post Zod's Will, but I hope he doesn't get sidelined for a long time. It's kinda bullshit the group of Corpsmen including two of the Corps' best [Kyle and Guy] can't take down Zod and Co. but now that Hal is back in the fold HE'S going to pretty much do it ON HIS OWN?!?

Hal forged his own GL ring. I get it, that's supposed to make him special. However Kyle forged a white ring out of seven rings from seven Corps. Being 'Hal for a day...' couldn't and SHOULDN'T compare to being God-mode what... three times now?!?

The 'greatest Green Lantern' should be some random alien GL. Like how there's always that 'Employee of the Month' that barely anybody even knows or recognizes who just happened to do something noteworthy once... yeah it should be like that LOL.

~//V\\~
    25.00%
    25.00%
    50.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

Good point. They should have all the GLC on the brink of defeat, and out of nowhere Sodam Yat shows up and beats the tar out of the Kryptonians and saves the day.

Comment

I can't keep track of who made the rebirth purge. I don't recall seeing Sodam since Edge.

Comment

wow so Hal got back is ring plus his ring *didn't* Make Kyle Great Again who saw this happening

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm tired of Hal being the one to save the day all the time in these storylines. Let someone else have the spotlight and be the hero for once.

Comment

Poll added. Review posted.

Comment

Ion and Johnmc, I suppose that is bound to happen when the title is Hal Jordan and Anyone Else Who Isn't a Geoff Creation.

All the more reason both titles need to be cancelled and replaced. Give Hal GL. Then Guy and John the buddy cop title. And Kyle get his own title based on Earth. 3 titles, 4 human GLs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                Ion and Johnmc, I suppose that is bound to happen when the title is Hal Jordan and Anyone Else Who Isn't a Geoff Creation.

All the more reason both titles need to be cancelled and replaced. Give Hal GL. Then Guy and John the buddy cop title. And Kyle get his own title based on Earth. 3 titles, 4 human GLs.
                I understand, but its giving off a "Hal is a Mary-Sue" vibe. That's not going to endear Hal to readers who's favorites are getting buried.

Comment

If John Stewart is such the strategist, why didn't he have the entire GLC simulate green Kryptonite with their power rings? I know people will say kryptonite is a cop-out, but you don't pull punches with multiple Kryptonians willing to kill.

The end was pre-written: the Guardians were seen by others, and Zod got the data from the GL rings about the universe. The ending should have been a Phantom Zone confinement for Zod, his family, and the Eradicator at the least.

John Stewart: "Ring. This is Corps Leader John Stewart. Execute Kryptonian Package 101."
                  Ring (all rings): "COMMAND SEQUENCE AUTHENTICATED. EXECUTING PACKAGE."
                  Ring (all rings): "NOW OVERLAYING ALL FORCE FIELDS AND CONSTRUCTS WITH GREEN KRYPTONITE RADIATION."
                  jhpace1
                  Green Lantern Initiate
                  Last edited by jhpace1; 03-31-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                    I understand, but its giving off a "Hal is a Mary-Sue" vibe. That's not going to endear Hal to readers who's favorites are getting buried.
                    I've seen some Hal Jordan fans feel that the title isn't a Hal Jordan book and he gets nerfed by the other Lanterns around, and I'm like O_________________________O

How can you possibly think that!?!?!?

This is why I'm happy John Stewart will be in the Justice League soon. Being in this title hasn't done him any good, and I'd rather see him associate with the characters in Justice League than three other human Lanterns.

As for how to handle all these GL characters, I dunno' if you can do that while keeping everyone satisfied. There are too many of these characters and I don't believe Green Lantern comics currently sell enough to warrant having more than two ongoings. During the New 52 period, I remember hearing that there were retailers who complained to DC at one of those retailer meetups about how many Green Lantern books DC was printing, because the retailers had trouble selling them.

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                    If John Stewart is such the strategist, why didn't he have the entire GLC simulate green Kryptonite with their power rings? I know people will say kryptonite is a cop-out, but you don't pull punches with multiple Kryptonians willing to kill.

The end was pre-written: the Guardians were seen by others, and Zod got the data from the GL rings about the universe. The ending should have been a Phantom Zone confinement for Zod, his family, and the Eradicator at the least.

John Stewart: "Ring. This is Corps Leader John Stewart. Execute Kryptonian Package 101."
                    Ring (all rings): "COMMAND SEQUENCE AUTHENTICATED. EXECUTING PACKAGE."
                    Ring (all rings): "NOW OVERLAYING ALL FORCE FIELDS AND CONSTRUCTS WITH GREEN KRYPTONITE RADIATION."
                    I don't think power rings can simulate kryptonite anymore. There are a lot of Pre-Crisis things Green Lanterns could do but can't anymore, for better or worse. Probably for the better, in my opinion, as some of the powers were so random and ridiculous... like being able to simulate kryptonite. Somewhere down the line (probably the late 80s or so) it got to a point where it wasn't trendy for superheroes to pull powers out of their rear ends anymore, like it was in the 60s. I think as the audience and tastes matured and changed, people saw stories where heroes do that as juvenile, dumb, and cop out storytelling.
                    Star-Lantern
                    Weaponer of Qward
                    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 03-31-2018, 09:40 PM.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                      ...I don't think power rings can simulate kryptonite anymore. There are a lot of Pre-Crisis things Green Lanterns could do but can't anymore, for better or worse. Probably for the better, in my opinion, as some of the powers were so random and ridiculous... like being able to simulate kryptonite...
                      I don't think kryptonite should fall in that category. It's just an element. The only excuse for them not being able to construct it is that they have to be able to understand the base structure, but if that's true, how many of them could accurately construct a gun or a train? Only the chemists would even be able to make a construct rock if that were the case, but that would be dumb because that's Firestorm's limitation, not GL's. No; green kryptonite is a no brainer. As long as they know it exists (which at the minimum the earthers should), they should be able to make it.

Comment

Back in the early 2000's when Superman dropped his Clark Kent persona to become Superman full time he crossed a lot of lines and came to blows with the extended roster from Morrison's JLA. He took a beating from the heavy hitters like Wonder Woman and Orion, but the clincher was Kyle Rayner creating kryptonite. However because it is an alien element Martian Manhunter had to put the specifics into Kyle's mind for him to make it to spec

- Ω

Comment

Working...
                        X