Doomsday Clock Thread (SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Well my mistake. I was sure you had talked about some movies where you were upset at casting choices or delays or something and said you were going to watch them in bootleg, but if you have not done that, my apologies.
    I'm pretty sure I've heard that from him on more than one occasion, as well, but I'm too lazy (and don't care enough) to hunt it up, so I'll just take his word by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      I'm pretty sure I've heard that from him on more than one occasion, as well, but I'm too lazy (and don't care enough) to hunt it up, so I'll just take his word by default.
      here let me do it for you

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
      now THAT i have done but only once (GIJoe 2) BUT i didn't hate it, i really liked it in fact, just didn't like them delaying it just so they could put it in 3D
      ()
      look people if i DON'T like something i'm not gonna "bootleg" it (again see STD and TWD)........................ i do that for sh!t i like

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        look people if i DON'T like something i'm not gonna "bootleg" it (again see STD and TWD)........................ i do that for sh!t i like
        So you aren't willing to pay even for the stuff you DO like (well, except sex).

Ah, well, that's MUCH better...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          So you aren't willing to pay even for the stuff you DO like (well, except sex).

Ah, well, that's MUCH better...
          gotta save money when you can

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Pimpin' aint easy.

Comment

Doomsday Clock > Heroes in Crisis

Daaaaaaamn Geoff Johns! The Metaverse? At first I thought this was gonna be some messy shit like HiC but when it started playing out, beginning with Superman appearing in 1938 and how the constant changing of the DCU in the future was messing with Manhattan's time vision.... fucking incredible. Then he decided to change the universe around Superman in his own way to see what all could change in the mainstream universe as well as the rest of the Multiverse because he hadn't felt that kind of sensation?! Even the Nathaniel Dusk stuff playing out the way it did, and Johnny Thunder being the coffee guy who got fired... and the JSA!! Oh man how it went from the 40's and Superman existing to the universe changing and the scene playing out differently. And Hourman's "No pictures Johnny, I'm still working on my suit..." I LOVED it!

Superman's gonna whoop that blue ass! But HOW MUCH will the universe be changed afterwards?! It WILL be changed, because DC will no doubt bring back the Legion and JSA.... but what else could happen? We were teased early on about Ozymandias teaming with Lex Luthor and that hasn't happened. There's already a new Rorschach running around. Will the remnants of the Watchmen universe stay in what will become the modern day DCU? Will they go back to continue a new Watchmen future?

And WTF is gonna go down with the Supermen Theory, Black Adam invading the United Nations, and all of the heroes and villains who're secretly government pawns?!?

Comment

I admit, that wasn't a bad issue or way of going about things.

Comment

So... What was the very important reason to postpone Heroes in Crisis #9 for people to read Doomsday Clock first?

Comment

Maybe to soften the blow of HiC. Imagine that being the only DC comic you read on a Wednesday.

Comment

Just skimmed over #11. Holy moley, that's a whole lot of exposition. In fact, that's like all that happened.

Comment

It's been over two months since the last issue. Wasn't this supposed to be a bi-monthly book?

Comment

Originally posted by LanternBrina View Post
                          It's been over two months since the last issue. Wasn't this supposed to be a bi-monthly book?
                          The last issue is supposed to come out on December 18.

Originally it was supposed to be monthly and end in December 2018.
                          Trey Strain
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-12-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                            The last issue is supposed to come out on December 18.

Originally it was supposed to be monthly and end in December 2018.
                            "Alex, the answer is 'What is Deathmate 2019, from DC Comics' ".....

but in all seriousness, would U guy say this is worth reading?? I saw a YT-vid on this today, and I'll admit that it has piqued my interest a bit.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

All depends on if Johns lands the ending or not.

Comment

Even if he doesn't land the ending, there are still certainly things I'd like to see happen in the rest of the DCU. The Supermen Theory changes the landscape quite a bit, as well as Black Adam vs Wonder Woman, the characters confirmed to have been somewhat created on purpose by the government... and I'm gonna go ahead and say it... I LOVE the Sandstorm character. The Billy Batson-ish dynamic, the look, and the powers being a weird combo of Marvel's Sandman and DC's Red Tornado... it's everything I didn't know I wanted in a character. He has the potential to be a better character than Kamala Khan, especially since he didn't have to take the name/logo of an existing character.

With everything that's changed in the DCU since this series began, I have every reason to believe Saturn Girl was Marty McFly'ed out of existence because the LoSH were being given to another creative team. Same thing with the downplayed involvement of the JSA in this series.

I haven't got caught up on the Justice League book, but everything with the JSA coming back there seems like it isn't catching as many eyes as it should be. Post Doomsday Clock will the JSA return to the golden age of the prime Earth, or simply be from another Earth entirely? It's like everything with the Batman Who Laughs and the Doom War, hell even Leviathan is taking away from one of the potentially biggest comebacks in DC's history.

Comment

Working...
                                X