No announcement yet.

What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also just started reading this (I read multiple books overlapping if they're different kinds):

I've only read front and backmatter and already learned some cool things, like Hitler was repeatedly passed over for promotion during WWI because his superiors felt he had no leadership skills.

Comment

• Finally finished this and it was great. The first third of the book did a great job of sweeping you up into the tragedy of Edmond Dantes, and really made you feel for the character. Going through everything he had to endure. The second act draws on for a bit, as it introduces new characters in the world of The Count. Then the third act just tumbles out of control in a marvelous way, as The Count's plan comes into fruition. He definitely gets his revenge.

Can't wait to watch the movies based on the work, as I've heard good things about the 1934 version and the 2002 version.

-------------------------------------

Now, I've moved on to this, which I've heard is an interesting little story. Written in the late 1800's, it was a work way ahead of its time in terms of ideas.

Plot Summary: Classic of science (and mathematical) fiction — charmingly illustrated by author — describes the journeys of A. Square and his adventures in Spaceland (three dimensions), Lineland (one dimension) and Pointland (no dimensions). A. Square also entertains thoughts of visiting a land of four dimensions — a revolutionary idea for which he is banished from Spaceland.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Finished:

Loved it. Next up:

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Can't imagine you won't like it. He co-developed it as the movie was being planned so it's very similar. If you like it (and especially if you want to know more about the star baby and the monoliths), you need to read the 3 sequels. They're all good.
        I quite enjoyed it, I've read other stuff by Clarke but never the Odyssey series. I'll add the sequels to my to read list. Next up:

Comment

• I finished this a few days ago:

WAAAAY TOOO MUCH techno babble. It really detracted from the story, which wasn't that great to begin with.

Now, this one was freakin awesome:

Had all the right action, romance, intrigue, drama, and Han is a total ace. Plus I believe this is the first mention of Dathomir in the SW universe. The witches are bitches. haha

Finished this one last night:

We are off to a good start in another mini-trilogy. FUnny thing is I have the actual books from when I was in highschool, so I dug them out and read them. Prices have increased since then; I paid $5.99 back then, now they are $7.99. Story is promising so far; lots of action with Han and Chewie.

Comment

• My girl Natasi Dalaa on the cover!

Comment

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

JEDI ACADEMY TRILPGY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                My girl Natasi Dalaa on the cover!

Dude........I'm trying to picture Dalaa and Tarkin together.....and I feel like puking. BLAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Comment

I'll be interested to know what you think of this one. I was looking forward to reading it and bought all three in the series when they were marked down on Kindle. Haven't read the other two and probably never will.

The Second Ship was a huge disappointment. I thought it was terrible.

Starting this today.

Comment

• I've read it before awhile ago but giving it a re-read.

COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

• Comment

• Decided to start reading the Star Wars EU books. I'm going to read them in chronological order according to when they occur in the actual universe, which means, funny enough, I'm going to be reading the latest novel first. Looking forward to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Dawn...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post

Decided to start reading the Star Wars EU books. I'm going to read them in chronological order according to when they occur in the actual universe, which means, funny enough, I'm going to be reading the latest novel first. Looking forward to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Dawn...ref=pd_sim_b_1
                          Horrayy! Prepared to be enlighened. One of the earlier chronological stories is Revan, which is on my top five SW EU novels. I have a feeling you will enjoy that.

Comment

• Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                            Loved this book. Gib Van Ert's Star Wars interest pretty much parallels my own. Really fun, quick read. Very much recommended.

Doom - you would dig this one, my friend.

Now on to this.

Comment

I really don't like this book. At all.

Comment

• ns2
                                Your Clash At Demonhead
                                Last edited by ns2; 07-15-2013, 03:22 AM.
                                Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X