The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 05-31-2019, 12:56 PM   #126
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
Doomsday Clock > Heroes in Crisis
You're probably right. I'm not personally skipping it because I think it's not as good a story, but just because I believe DC is legally right, but morally and artistically wrong to ever continue the Watchmen or merge it with DC. My feeling is like Jules' on eating sewer rat. I could be missing something great, but I'll never know.

Quote:
...The Kyle panel is aggravating because it's the only aspect of his character they wanna use him for [mostly just Tom King who wrote him speaking fluent Spanish in Omega Men]. . .
And you just know there's this whole group out there now that if you said Kyle was partly Irish would go "but he's Hispanic." It just proves DC is racist against the Irish.

Quote:
...I liked the bits with all the Robins...
Yeah, that was one of those fun bits in the book. Although I highly doubt Damian would ever go to Sanctuary voluntarily.

Quote:
...We never got an answer to that bloodied GL suit. They didn't even really tell us who all of the dead victims were aside from the ones clearly shown in-panel...
Yeah, that is a problem. It's like they wanted this to be an event/crisis, but didn't give us that payoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Also, they use time travel to prevent Wally from killing future Wally, but none of the others. Now I'm all for self-consistent time travel stories (like Twelve Monkeys), but that's just not how time travel works in the DCU. Not even trying to save Roy, or any of the others, is insane.
Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying and they don't even address it with a throw-away line (like "too bad we couldn't have prevented the tragedy, but..."). That's a massive plot hole.

I still have a hard time believing this isn't going to be undone. I can't believe they really offed Roy nor that the canon Ivey will be this vegetable infant version. I mean apart from what they've done to Wally.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-31-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:30 PM   #127
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
You're probably right. I'm not personally skipping it because I think it's not as good a story, but just because I believe DC is legally right, but morally and artistically wrong to ever continue the Watchmen or merge it with DC. My feeling is like Jules' on eating sewer rat. I could be missing something great, but I'll never know.
Exactly.

Quote:
And you just know there's this whole group out there now that if you said Kyle was partly Irish would go "but he's Hispanic." It just proves DC is racist against the Irish.
Or just stupid.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #128
JohnMc
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
they should of just had him say it in English........................ ya know cause.......................... well i can't say why (cause i'll be called something i'm not) but we all know why
They wouldn't have gotten any virtue signalling brownie points if they had him say the prayer in English.

So Guy's relationship with Ice is clearly gone too. Dc are not giving me any reasons to buy their books anymore.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #129
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Tom King on Heroes in Crisis, The Fan Reaction, and Wally West's Future
Quote:
This all started with Harley and Booster, and you talked a lot about how much you love those characters and obviously you've gotten to write them a lot. How strange has it been that you spent six months elevating those characters, and now the big takeaway is like "holy s--t, Wally!"?

You go back to what I did with Booster in the beginning, and I did it in Batman. It was like "what? What did you do to Booster? You made him so terrible." And now as you see in Heroes in Crisis, he came back from being terrible and now he's kicking ass again. This was always about those three characters. It was a Harley story, a Wally story, and was a Booster story. As I've said many times before, I don't pick the characters for my story; I give my plot to the editors and then the editors pick the characters for me. So I told them in the beginning, "this is what it's going to be -- it's going to be about one hero who's made a mistake and it's going to be about the two heroes that get framed for that mistake." And they said, "okay, it's Booster, Harley, and Wally, those are the three characters." I mean they're a joy to write, I love writing them. That's almost what I miss the most about this book is writing those two. Booster is the most fun character in comics, except maybe Hal Jordan.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:45 PM   #130
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

This explains a lot about how King fails to get a single character. Editorial fills his incoherent mad libs scripts with the dumbest choices possible. Too bad King got Mark Doyle removed. At least that guy had a feel for the DCU.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #131
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Quote:
This explains a lot about how King fails to get a single character. Editorial fills his incoherent mad libs scripts with the dumbest choices possible. Too bad King got Mark Doyle removed. At least that guy had a feel for the DCU.
This gif fits better

Old 06-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #132
Space Cop
The Dandy

It's pretty hard to believe. I mean his pitch was a vague as "three characters: one makes a mistake and frames the other two"? And he had no plans for who those might be?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #133
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Things have gotten worse for Wally.. there's now a new series featuring him written by Scott Lobdell and art by Brett Booth... YUCK

https://www.cbr.com/flash-forward-wa...risis-spinoff/
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:50 AM   #134
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

That Shaner cover almost got me. But then I saw the creative team. Pass.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #135
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Jesus, that was his pitch and the extent of his understanding of his responsibility to these characters? No wonder DC is dying.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #136
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chosen" View Post
Things have gotten worse for Wally.. there's now a new series featuring him written by Scott Lobdell and art by Brett Booth... YUCK

https://www.cbr.com/flash-forward-wa...risis-spinoff/
Agreed. If it wasn't obvious DC was trying to destroy Wally West before, putting Lobdell on him makes it perfectly clear.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #137
Space Cop
The Dandy

FYI: last week's Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #1 made it clear that the reborn/not-yet-right Ivy is the canonical one now.