The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > The Green Lantern
FLASHCHAT

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

Old 09-09-2020, 09:48 PM   #1
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Default The Green Lantern Season Two #7...anyone read this yet?

And if so, can anyone tell me what Morrison is on when he was writing this issue?? Oh my LORD!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
jhpace1
Manhunter Repairman

Okay, I found it a passable attempt at yet another "death dream sequence" for Hal Jordan. Last time in Season One he was sucked into his own power ring. This time, we get a coma-induced dream sequence. We got to see a little bit more of the Young Guardians. I particularly liked the hint of 7 Emotional Colors coming from 4 Primary Colors coming from 2 Original Colors. (I think I have that right.) And, of course, Hal pulling a full house from his poker deck at the last second.

But it looks like Qward, the anti-Oa, has been rebooted yet again. Instead of a planet full of Weaponeers and Thunderers, instead of a desert landscape where Sinestro built his first Sinestro Corps, Lanterns, and Central Power Battery, instead of a hybrid of other Qwards told in the Tales of the GLC, we have a reverse-speaking, technological warrior-dominated Cybertronian planet on its' last legs but ready to dominate the Multiverse in mere moments. I'll give it a pass. Reminds me of the Nero-era Qward. "Make it yellow."

Three stars out of five. Still hate the art, the way Hal's ring talks, the near-Guardian status of Hal Jordan (but only when he's down).
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
And if so, can anyone tell me what Morrison is on when he was writing this issue?? Oh my LORD!
High on William Burroughs? I need cliff notes.