Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 10-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #3776
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
So I think I'll knuckle up pretty soon and get Shadowkeep so that I can play Season of the Undying in Destiny 2, since I find the "Undying" seal to be fairly appealing. Hopefully the grind isn't especially tedious, and hopefully people won't judge my punk ass for skipping Forsaken so that I can get a limited-time reward I like.
I really want to play Shadowkeep, but have been laid up in a hospital for the past few weeks. I watched some vids, and a lot of the stuff looks cool, and apparently they brought a bunch of D1 multiplayer maps back, so I'm super excited to play it... just gotta focus on physical therapy a while longer to get to it. Hopefully the Season of Undying lasts a few months so I can get some of the stuff from it.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #3777
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It ends in ~59 days, there's an in-game clock you can check.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 AM   #3778
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I'm reading through the Div2 title update 6 patch notes and I am really looking forward to the quality-of-life changes, but while reading all the adjustments to gear and weapon talents, I was rather surprised.

A lot of the changes have riled up a good portion of the community, but reading the adjustments and new functionality of some of these talents, I have to actually admit I'm interested to see a lot of these hybrid builds in action, because a lot of those talents were indeed a little weak (particularly if you weren't stacking attributes to bolster them) individually, or just outright bad (I honestly couldn't have used the old version of Dialed In unless you paid me a king's ransom, it was so situational).

Oh yes, I will really miss my cluster seeker build which has Destructive stacked on it like all hell, but once TU6 is loaded into my PS4 then I'll just have to rearrange and test some new setups out, but I suppose once I get some more explosive damage attributes and gear mods, things will even out.

I'm also really looking forward to getting my hands on most of the Aces & Eights set, even though I'll have to do the Dark Hours raid for the chest and backpack. The brand sets getting items in every gear slot is also great news, because that means I can finally have more China Light gear (I love that set, just looks so sleek).

Division 2 aside, I've made small advancements to a handful of quests in Destiny 2, particularly me getting into the last 10 double-kills stretch for that step of Redrix's Broadsword. Aside from that, I haven't accomplished much of note.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:48 AM   #3779
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It took forever to download, around 2 hours, but TU6 is now installed. For the most part I'm liking it, but there are some changes I either haven't had time to test out or don't really like (for the latter, I don't like how the recalibration station accesses ALL your gear and not just what's on your character).

I'm going to need to shift my gear and re-save my loadouts this weekend so that everything is kosher.

Also, YouTube gave all of dunkey's subscribers to Will Smith.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:59 PM   #3780
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

https://www.pcgamesn.com/capcom-franchises

REJOICE!!!
Old 10-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #3781
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

nice, but Id rather they put out something newer, rather than yet another touch-up job on an 15+ y.o. title......

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:27 AM   #3782
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm really liking the targeted loot system in Division 2, managed to spend the whole fucking weekend hunting up gear seats so I could get a weaksauce Aces & Eights build. I need to get a different chest and probably a different backpack for it, but for now it'll sit as a cute placeholder until I can work some more magic upon it.

Almost have Legend rank in season 8 of Destiny 2, should hit valor reset tomorrow night. Got a lucky drop with the Hunter Iron Banner arms and have progressed my Broadsword quest to the next stage (fuck the 75 double kills, that shit was a grind), but getting 20 fusion rifle kills in one night to progress the IB quest probably won't happen until the next one rolls around.

Managed to get just past the 600 mark for DZ extractions in Division 1, but I haven't had time to play it much given all the Div 2 changes that I've been experimenting with. I'll spend a chunk of this coming week playing Division 1 for the Outbreak global event so that I can finally work towards the last mask I need (CBRN, 170 marked headshots during missions). Hopefully that isn't especially difficult and hopefully I won't have to wait until it rolls around again, months from now.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:56 AM   #3783
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Literally just hit my first season 8 valor reset in Destiny 2, thanks to Iron Banner and boosted valor gains...and I got the Fireforged Valor emblem I've been chasing as a reward.

Fucking sweet.

Now I just need to get the Smoldering Flame variant (and maybe one day Persistent Blaze, but that'll be a goddamn slog).
Old 10-23-2019, 03:05 AM   #3784
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Me and a new friend did the 125 marked headshots in Division 1's Outbreak event so we could both get the CBRN mask, the last thing I really cared about for this event. He himself didn't have D2 yet but wants it, swears he'll hit me up when he gets it. He was very interested in the targeted loot system.

While coordinating the marked headshots was a little tricky at times, it was fun and made mincemeat out of the mission we ran.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #3785
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Bethesda finally agrees to shut down Fallout 76, in the worst way possible
Old 10-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #3786
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

TAZER!

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS WEBSITE!!!

http://falloutfirst.com/
Old 10-27-2019, 06:07 PM   #3787
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So apparently even the people who actually tried to subscribe to Fallout First are encountering serious bugs, such as the service failing to take their money (fucking hilarious!), players on friends lists being able to enter your private world even though you didn't invite them, players losing all items in stash when they do activate First, no host migration so that if the session owner leaves then everyone is kicked, and a load of other problems. Bethesda couldn't have failed harder if they tried.

Also, just completed the Pentagon mission for Division 2. Great level, but shit, the final boss was a frantic race around an enemy-heavy, turret-equipped area being bombarded by fucking mortars. I'm probably going to end up needing a teammate to help me do that on hard, because that last fight made me burn through most of my armor kits.

But I got the Pristine Example named chest armor with some rather good stats. Sweet.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:38 AM   #3788
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

James, Mike Tony, and Erin play A Nightmare on Elm Street in 4-player mode
Old 11-02-2019, 04:55 AM   #3789
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I've been thinking about buying Anthem. Game sucked ass at launch, I know, but it's been several months (at least) and I'd like to give it a whirl, so I checked to see if the prices on eBay were reasonable.

For the most part they are listed at a price point I find agreeable, though I scored big with a $10 steelbook of the Legion of Dawn edition (it's just the case though, so I have to find a cheap copy of the game). I still consider it a win since I love the look of it and it's a collector's item, for which I am a natural sucker.

I'm also tempted to get WWE 2K20, but I heard very mixed things about it having assloads of glitches, so I'll wait that out for now.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:07 AM   #3790
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I really want Hitman 2, but itís a bad time for more credit card charges. Guess that makes a good time to read books or to catch up in free downloaded games from Gold.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #3791
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I've been intrigued by the Destiny games. Somebody fill me in on the hype.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #3792
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Depends on what you're looking for.

The basis is that the first explorers on Mars discover a giant high-tech sphere that they gleam data/material from to advance mankind to a Golden Age, but then there's a massive social collapse as various aliens show up and lay waste to everything. Said sphere (the Traveler) uses its mysterious powers to resurrect a number of dead persons and turn them into Guardians, super-soldiers with magical powers, so that humanity can fight back against these terrifying new enemies.

Said enemies have various angles to them: Fallen (Eliksni in their own language) used to have the Traveler (Great Machine) but it fled them to escape its enemies, so their society crumbled and now they want it back; Hive, which are like xenomorphs if xenomorphs could actually perform terrifying magic and were directly serving the Darkness and evil space gods; the Vex, sentient milk-like fluid that uses android bodies and wants to engulf all creation in a perfect data system, and can manipulate time itself; and the Cabal Empire, which are heavily-armored and militant "space rhinos" that blow up planets that get in their way.

First game focuses on your character coming back from the dead for the first time, very late to the party. You learn about the various races as you adventure about, eventually making an assault on a Vex stronghold where they are guarding a major entity plotting against mankind. Vanilla story done, you head to Venus for the first raid, the Vault of Glass, where a massively-powerful Vex entity resides. (These are two different entities, since the story's final mission is in the Black Garden, not in the VOG).

That done, you head back to the Moon to battle Crota, Son of Oryx, in the first DLC, The Dark Below. He's a demigod monster that slew a shit-ton of Guardians during a disastrous attempt to reclaim the Moon from the Hive years ago, because nobody knew about him or how to beat him. What's incredible is that you actually guarantee his death because the more powerful Hive can create "throne worlds," pocket dimensions they can reside in so that if they die in reality but not their throne world, they'll just come back at some point, but the Crota's End raid has you kill Crota inside his throne world and royally screw him.

Next was House of Wolves, in which a psychotic Fallen lord tries to seize absolute power over the other Fallen Houses and you have to undermine and stop his efforts. This was considered an underwhelming DLC because it didn't have a raid, even though it's a solid story. You also got to fight one of the most notorious bosses in the game in one an arena mode.

And then Oryx, the Taken King, shows up, using his particular brand of evil magic to enslave legions of new soldiers to attack the solar system. He wants revenge on you as well as conquering all the stars, and you have to survive his plans and eventually infiltrate his flagship and kill him in his throne world.

Sequel focuses on a powerful Cabal general attacking the City, capturing the Traveler, and trying to steal its power. Things go from there with the DLC shifting to explore Osiris, an exiled Guardian who fights the Vex; and Ana Bray, a Guardian trying to bring back a Golden Age defense system which results in a Hive god returning. I haven't played Forsaken or Shadowkeep, but those are apparently very good in terms of story.

For gameplay, it's basically a loot-based first-person shooter. You have a lot of space marine elements, but Destiny has actual magic in it, because you aren't just a soldier, you're basically a Dungeons and Dragons hero who can wrap himself in lightning and run around stabbing people; can resurrect him like a phoenix and throw shitloads of miniature suns around; can turn into a fire version of fucking Thor; and then some. The guns also have abilities, not just functioning as firearms but also being able to: refund magazines and boost weapon damage on-kill; refund ammo on critical hits; cause enemies to explode in flames; regenerate health; shoot a swarm of rockets all over; and a lot of other functions. Exotic armor also does some damn crazy things.

The game modes run a range of options, from PvE co-op missions (you can do story missions, free roam, do special mission-like strikes with other players) to PvP (king of the hill, free-for-all, team deathmatch, and some other modes I haven't explored myself). There's plenty to do.

The game also has some collectibles, namely how players love to collect sparrows (jet bikes), Ghost shells (for your AI buddy-bot), emblems (player logos), space ships, and shaders (color palettes). In the first game they have Grimoire cards, which you unlock by playing since you use weapons, abilities, fight various enemies and see various settings, but then have to look online because the came up with the Grimoire since they had to take out entire portions of the original story and couldn't put it back in within time limits, but the players fell in love with the unique idea. D2 has the lore in-game, so you don't get the on-screen notice that you unlocked something, and I myself don't know if the Bungie's site now has a D2 Grimoire-like repository for players to track their scans or not.

Give the game a spin if you can, it is worth it. You may have to try out all three classes before you find something that just clicks with you, or you may find the game boring but then you have this amazing moment that makes you wonder why the hell you never played before. I'm not saying the game is hit-or-miss, that really isn't an accurate description, it's more that the hook hasn't sunk in yet in some cases.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:31 AM   #3793
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Destiny 2 is free to play, now, so have it.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #3794
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Decided to finish leveling my alt in Division 2, since I never reached level 30 or finished the story. Still have a load of side missions leftover to unlock all the mods again (because it seems they're locked unless already applied on weapons from my main).

But I hit level 30 before I even did Capitol Hill, so I pulled a bunch of gear from my stash and tore through Ridgeway's goons like a bloody madman. Leveling the specializations again is going to be a chore but at least I have a much better idea of what to do and how to spec properly now. Gonna grind through a bunch of the Black Tusk invasions before calling it a night and working on Destiny 2's Haunted Forest.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #3795
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/2/20...tainment-funny
Old 11-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #3796
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Got home a few days ago, and began catching up on Destiny 2. Burned through the Shadowkeep storyline and did some haunted forest, but now I'm on the light grind to 960 (currently at 911).

Also got Modern Warfare last night, and have played less than hour so far, but it's pretty solid. Well built, good looking, and fast. Probably gonna play the campaign over the weekend, but until then, I'll just continue to dabble with multiplayer.

On a side note, the way MW is set up to download and install is brilliant. Each piece of the game is its own download file, so if you don't want certain game modes, you can speed up the download by simply not downloading them. I only got the campaign and multiplayer, leaving special ops and survival behind, since I'll likely never care to play them, and once I'm done with the campaign, I'll probably delete it all and redownload just the multiplayer to save space. I really hope more games do this in the future.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #3797
Space Cop
The Dandy

No, I'm not saying video games are to blame for stupid kids. Just FYI:

Thai Teenager dies following marathon-long gaming session
Old 11-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #3798
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
I plan to get this, but I'll wait til after Ive built my new rig (same w/Borderlands 3....)

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #3799
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I completed the Modern Warfare campaign, and despite claims that it was a reboot, it's really just a prequel to the trilogy with retconned dates, as it leads right into CoD4's storyline. Well done, all things considered, though I think just not showing us the dates of the events would've been better than retconning, but hey, whatever.

As for the multiplayer, having played it quite a bit now I can say that it's pretty solid. Some of the maps are annoying, as always, and some of the guns are overpowered and thus overused, again as always, but it's a pretty solid game. It's already taken Destiny's place as my most played game lately. We'll see how long that lasts, though.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:51 AM   #3800
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Actually got around to unlocked the Technician specialization for Division 2, so I'll need to do all kinds of activities to level that up. Of course, now that I have that spec open, I can actually throw together a genuine skill build like I've been wanting to. Only real problem was using pulse on three Black Tusk mini-tanks, which I had to both find roaming and get used to a skill I'd never touched before. Also had to get a lucky shot to break a boss's weak point before killing her. Now that's all done.

That said, I need to redo the builds I have and customize them a bit better, as well as go through my inventory yet again and figure out exactly what I want to do with most of the shit I've got. Hell if I know if I'll ever actually get around to it, but I should get a raid build just so I at least have a chance at using it.

I also FINALLY finished bringing my second character to world tier 5, so now I have another toon to throw builds onto. Only drawback is that since I took so long to level it, none of the specializations are filled out, so I'll need to grind through all that again. Even more painful since I still have not filled out the Gunner spec and I've had that unlocked for a damn while now.

In addition to now being able to make a variety of builds, I tried to piece together a build someone on Reddit suggested. It did seem like a good idea, but they barely described it so I'm pretty sure that either they fucked up their own advice or they had very specific pieces that I barely came anywhere near. My build is so middle-of-the-road that it can't accomplish half of what it needs to, I have a redundant talent, and I am very sure that I'm just going to end up scrapping the whole thing because it can't get shit done. Some of the pieces are worth holding onto for now because they have a stat or two that can be transferred, but otherwise I'm very certain I'll ditch this particular setup.

And the Gunrunner secret merchant is selling a near-perfect weapon (part of the reason I spent the day finishing the Technician unlock), but of course the damn vendor won't show up until tomorrow evening because she runs on her own fucking schedule rather than anything that makes sense. Once you find her location, if she isn't already there, then she won't be there for at least a goddamn day. I've heard a lot lately that she's bugged and needs attention from the devs, but this is really a stupid problem that makes finding her a worthless chore. Hopefully her stock is the same tomorrow night or I'm gonna miss out on something good.