FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default New Ghostbusters video game!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Badass.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #2
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

"It wasn't me this time, I swear!"

LOL.
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Saw this earlier today. CAN'T. FUCKING. WAIT.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

AWESOME! Finally, a release date!

DAMNIT! I have to wait until summer?!? F!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

Nice another game I am gonna have to buy

Darth_Andrea
Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
IonFan
Forum Member

I love the movies (wise they'd of made a 3rd one ) and i know i'll love the game

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
Rayner.2814.4
Hal's Understudy

Don't we all wish they made a third movie, but the game will just have to do!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Wicked!!!!

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

In many ways this is better than a third movie. All the cast are back lending their likenesses and voices in a story that's a sequel to the first two movies that you get to have some interactivity with.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #10
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

I'm all for them making a VG over a third movie. Especially if they had replaced Bill Murray with Ben Stiller. Like some of the earlier rumors had stated.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a GB3. I just don't want to set myself up for dissapointment. As a kid, long before GL, my entire life revolved around two things and only two things. Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters. It's what made me into the fanboy geek I am today.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Hey, I was the same way. Ghostbusters and TMNT, that's it. I'd often pit the two different figures against each other or team them up, depending on the day's scenario.

And here I am, still playing with action figures...
Old 12-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #12
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Me too! Living the dream eh bro?
Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Ecto-1 vs. the Turtlevan, and the Ecto-2 (that was the chopper, right?) vs. the Turtle Blimp. Those were the days.

The early Ghostbusters cartoons still hold up, really, though I've long outgrown the original TMNT cartoon. Thankfully, there's both the Ghostbusters movies and the TMNT comics that started it off that still rather adult to chew on.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #14
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

DUDE! My turtle blimp.... I still have some pieces from it. I remember the day the blimp part broke.

I got the Ecto-1 on my 5th birthday. It's caught on VHS. I don't remember ever racing the Turtle van which lost the roof and the door somewhere through the years. But I'm sure I did.

One thing I did alot was cosplay. I had TMNT pajamas(Leo of course) and a full GB uniform. Official coveralls, the goggles, the trap(bad ass), and of course the proton pack. My mother sold it all at a yard sale when I was in my pre-teen years. I remember going to look for it in the attic one time, and it was all gone. I'm still pissed about it to this day. She also threw the fire house out the window along with my brothers Castle Grey Skull. Luckily I still have all my Ninja Turtle merch.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Didn't everyone have a proton pack and trap and all that back then? My mom made me a Ghostbuster jumpsuit for Hallowen once. Damn well, too.

I remember selling all of my TMNT figures to buy a NES. Lame of me.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Looks like this is out in TWO DAYS.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Maverick_GL

I'd still like to see the actual game-play. Is it going to be GTA-like? First Person?

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Plenty of gameplay you can look at online. 3rd person, chase cam like GTA.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
Maverick_GL

Here is a decent video of some gameplay:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

rarely do I geek out over things, but can't wait until tomorrow. This will be the first and probably last game I'll ever buy on two systems. Going to be dropping a decent amount of cash tomorrow.

Ghostbusters: 25th Anniversary Blu-Ray
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS3)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Wii)

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #21
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

Best Buy has two exclusive downloadable characters the mayor and a ghoul.

Tomorrow baby!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternut View Post
Best Buy has two exclusive downloadable characters the mayor and a ghoul.

Tomorrow baby!
sounds intriguing. Think I'm going to stick with my pre-order t-shirt from Gamestop

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

My review with only about an hour and a half play last night.

Most important to me was the smooth game play and nice camera movement! Wasn't choppy at all.

Starts off just like your watching the movies with the distribution company logos at the start. The transfer of the characters are perfect even down to the scars on Bill Murray! The voice acting is great from all of them! Murray's probably the only one that came across from time to time as not really getting into the part and I had to look around to see if it was Garfield trying to call me over instead of Venkman.

You as the rookie is great as you finally control your own proton pack. The controls are easy and as you can upgrade through the game is even better. The cut screens with the rookie riding in elevators and interacting with the gang was fun and does a great job even if your back in the same hotel chasing Slimer and Stay Puff, it was fun to take part in it.

Great game so far, now with Xbox Live back on today I'll try out that side of it. Why the Hell did they take Xbox Live down on a new release Tuesday anyway?! crazy.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
Willpower
The Gunslinger

This has gotten pretty good reviews:

Quote:
A number of online reviews have been posted for Terminal Reality's new action game, Ghostbusters The Video Game.

GameZone - 8.2/10

Quote:
You donít have to be a fan of the movies to really enjoy Ghostbusters: The Video Game but if you are you are in for a very pleasant surprise. Sure, the game isnít perfect but there are more than enough good qualities to make this a game worth buying.

Cheat Code Central - 3.9/5

Quote:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game largely accomplishes what it set out to do by telling a humorous tale and bringing fans back into the fold on the franchise's 25th anniversary. The game is full of fun elements, sports an in-depth multiplayer component, and is loaded with fan-service. While I think this is a solid title for anyone interested action gaming and solid storytelling, it is certainly not a must-buy. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Besides, where else can you blast Class 5 Full Roaming Vapors?

GameRevolution - B+

Quote:
When the smoke has cleared and the proton packs have been depowered, at the end of the day, Ghostbusters: The Video Game got the job done, though at times that job is about as tidy as the Sedgewick Hotel dinning room after an extermination. There are some flaws, including the lack of a local co-op mode, however there is just so much that was done right that you can't help but have a blast. It may not be everything you ever wanted out of a Ghostbusters game, but it's as close as you're going to get to perfection at this point. [And just be happy it was finally released. ~Ed.] So, what are you waiting for? Call them.

UGO - B-

Quote:
Bland level design and generic enemies hamper an otherwise fun nostalgic romp. It would have been so easy to love this game. The first levelís battle with Stay Puft is cinematic and exciting, a showcase for all the game does right, taking full advantage of the Ghosbusters license.

And every now and then, you rope in a ghost, Bill Murray nails a quip, and the game really shines for what it is. Unfortunately, the gameís charms fade by the end unless youíre truly a Ghostbusters superfan. If youíre only in it for the game, then the numerous flaws keep it from being an essential play.

Games Xtreme - 8.5/10

Quote:
Overall, Ghostbusters is a really good game. It will last you around 8-10 hours and even more if you dive into the multiplayer aspect of the game. It plays well and capturing ghosts is the highlight of the game. There is a lot of fan-service in the game and youíll be chuckling at some of the comments and banter between the team. A solid performance and the best way to do a movie-based game: donít bother to shoe-in the movie, make your own story and forget the events of the film.

Gameplayer - 8.0/10

Quote:
Ghostbusters: The Video Game does not quite have the charm of the films, nor does it have the depth and technical prowess of either systemís AAA titles, but weíre all better off for its existence. When itís on form the game is a thrilling blend of pretty visuals, great physics and challenging action and when it loses its way it still never tramples on your childhood memories, providing the voices, the music and the icons thatíll keep fans happily busting on to the very end. Hereís hoping that Terminal Realityís effort inspires more revivals of this kind in the near future.

GameDaily - 8/10

Quote:
That said, the game's designers messed up on a few key points starting with lip-syncing. Sometimes it's spot on, while other times the words don't match up with the characters' mouths. In addition, although we appreciate the original movie's soundtrack -- hearing the same tunes gets old fast. Finally, and for whatever reason, we experienced strange spikes in difficulty where the artificial intelligence went from manageable to nearly impossible to defeat. The fact that we kept getting knocked over (everyone's slow to get up) didn't help.

None of these complaints, however, should prevent you from playing the game. Ghostbusters, despite its faults, is a wonderful journey through one of Hollywood's most beloved franchises, complete with funny dialogue, addictive shooting and buckets of slime. It's the closest you'll probably come to actually saving Manhattan from evil, aside from those imaginary adventures in your backyard.

[via GameRankings]
I don't plan on getting it, but I hope it sells well.

Say cheese!
Willpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
Morph
Green Lantern

if I wasn't in the process of moving I'd go out and buy this right now. But... with that said, it's probably a good idea to see how it's received. But it sounds like it's doing good.

I can't wait. looks like fun to play! awesome graphics

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote