No announcement yet.

My Hal "Rebirth" Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your wife is talented indeed! please, post more pics!

Comment

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
        I plan on using this paint:

I've already tested it on some black stretch pleather, it works perfect, it stretches with the material, is the perfect shade of green, and as an added bonus, has a metallic sheen.

For the black parts, I intend to use a Black Moleskin Rough Spandex, this will be "football pants" weight, it will be a matte finish. My main goal is that it not look cheap.
        Where did you get that airbrush paint?

And the other stuff?

I can't wait to see this.
        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
          Where did you get that airbrush paint?

And the other stuff?

I can't wait to see this.
          The paint can generally be found at any Michael's, also online. I highly recommend it, it's latex based and very durable.

The Pleather and Moleskin can be found at Spandex House

The mask is from Extreme Design Fx, the boots are from Adam's Horse Supply.

I'll try and document this as much as possible for anyone who'd like to attempt a costume like this.

Comment

People who are interested in my progress can also follow it on my new green lantern blog (not quite finished yet) http://www.ringcapacity.com/, I'll be updating progress here and there.

Comment

I was looking up at the GL figures on my desk today at work, and realized that my costume will likely end up looking a lot like this:

It'll also look slightly like this:

Basically, the green portions will maintain a metallic look, and the black parts will be very matte (not shiny). Hopefully we'll do more work on the emblem tonight. So expect an update soon.
              InterestingJohn
              Alpha-Lantern
              Last edited by InterestingJohn; 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

It'll look like Uncle Sam!?!?! Someone didn't like you using their pic...

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

I really hate hotlink blocking. Those losers must be too cheap to pay for decent bandwidth...

Whatever, I fixed it. I'm hosting the image on my site now, where I have shit-tons of bandwidth.

Comment

I like the idea of the metallic green and matte black, can't wait to see it!

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Emblem looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Comment

cant wait to see this when it's done,loving the logo!

Comment

Well, I just got my bonus check from work. So I'm putting in the orders for all the material I need, give me about a week or two and I should have some pics of boots, emblem and maybe a mask

Comment

Well, all the materials have been ordered. I'm going to try and start on the muscle suit sometime this week (fingers crossed)

Comment

I've received confirmation that my mask and boots are both on their way.

Comment

Seems like it's coming along nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X