0.00%
    0.00%
    33.33%
    22.22%
    44.44%

Issue out. Poll up. Review posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
      I can only hope he's distracting Sinestro with the Big and Loud while Soranik does the sneaky to ensure victory. Otherwise, the whole aside with Soranik was kinda pointless.
      Hey, whadyaknow? Color me pleasantly surprised that Venditti shows how Hal has no problem with having an actual plan (even if it's not his own )

The highlight of this issue, and book in general has been Sandoval's art. Just gorgeous all the way through. Too bad John and the corps came late to the party though. I figured they'd at least tangle with the other Sin Corps members before Hal took out Sinestro. I really didn't need to see Hal's origin again, but oh well ... the "My name is Hal Jordan" intro was like the beginning of the CW shows. I wonder if that was intentional?

Comment

My favorite arc Venditti has ever done. Great art, return of action Hal. Only slight issues with the whole thing. No need to wait until the final issue for the big confrontation. Also there was zero surprises in the last issue. Having read solits for initial issues of the next arc, nothing unexpected happened. Sometimes even when you know where a writer is going next they find a way to give you a swerve or something extra. That being said HJ&T GLC started out on a very solid foundation. Here is hoping it only builds on it from here.

Comment

Liked, didn't love, it. I liked John's little Patton/Braveheart-oorah speech (even if, as Iggy suggests, it didn't amount to anything).

Comment

Not bad Venditti, not bad. Probably his best conclusion to any arc he's done on GL (I can't remember exactly how Uprising finished, that was probably his previous best, maybe?). I had some minor gripes along the way but overall this is his best Hal work.

I definitely like Sandoval though, his action scenes, faces, and splash pages were excellent in my opinion.

Comment

So do we figure Sinestro is off to Qward again? I seem to recall his departure at the end of GL:Rebirth looking much like this one.

(I tried unsuccessfully to find a picture, but I distinctly recall Hal and Sinestro's battle in that mini ending with Sinestro's ring cracking, and him apparently disintegrating, complete with visible skeleton like it was here, as he transported away to Qward.)

Comment

Did anyone noticed that Sinestro formed an Eva from Neon Genesis Evangelion construct?

Also did I missed an issue where Soranik got those SC corpsmen to follow her instead of sinestro?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                  Did anyone noticed that Sinestro formed an Eva from Neon Genesis Evangelion construct?

Also did I missed an issue where Soranik got those SC corpsmen to follow her instead of sinestro?
                  Hal told her to gather up the good yellows before he headed to Warworld.
                  "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                  Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                  Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                  who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                  to change the world. This time, Lord...
                  Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    So do we figure Sinestro is off to Qward again? I seem to recall his departure at the end of GL:Rebirth looking much like this one.

(I tried unsuccessfully to find a picture, but I distinctly recall Hal and Sinestro's battle in that mini ending with Sinestro's ring cracking, and him apparently disintegrating, complete with visible skeleton like it was here, as he transported away to Qward.)
                    No, I think you're right, The whole skeletal look was actually a visual indication of being torn apart just before being reformed in the anti-matter universe. (I don't have the visual either, but you mentioning it reminded of something too)

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                      No, I think you're right, The whole skeletal look was actually a visual indication of being torn apart just before being reformed in the anti-matter universe. (I don't have the visual either, but you mentioning it reminded of something too)
                      Which would mean Hal went along for the trip too? The whole thing could still be part of Soranik's plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Which would mean Hal went along for the trip too? The whole thing could still be part of Soranik's plan.
                        I suspect something else is going on with Hal, but I'm not sure what. The culmination of his "turning into pure will" thing that's been building for a while, whatever that might turn out to be. I'm assuming we'll find out in short order, though. How long can you publish a comic called "Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps" without including Hal Jordan? He won't be gone long, if at all. Heck, thus far the two parts of that title haven't even come together yet...

Comment

I'm glad that the whole "turning into pure will" story should be wrapping up soon, when Hal gets back to human form. (I hope so at least, until the battle with Halallax in #50 where it will happen again as a convenient deus ex machina )

And can we finally get some sort of resolution to what made the GL's disappear in the first place? I don't need a whole storyline, honestly just a few lines where someone figured it out would be cool - just so we can move on...

And it seems Larfleeze is coming up next. I was really hoping that after this battle with Sinestro, they'd let the other Lanterns rest a bit and give us something else...

Comment

Re: the last page with the Yellow Lanterns, I always thought of King Kong as a Star Sapphire more than a Sin Corps member....

Comment

Loved this issue! I think Venditti really nailed the dynamic between Hal and Sinestro and Sandoval once again draws some great looking battle scenes. Was a little disappointed the corps didn't get in on the action but the epic fight between the parallax wielding Sinestro and a supercharged Hal was enough to keep me satisfied. Still a lot of questions left unanswered so I'm really looking forward to this next arc.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Working...
                              X