Kyle Changing Teams?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Changing Teams?!

It's no secret by now. DC Comics has used Kyle in various teams and series to try and get an established fan base into the next big thing. IDK about the rest of you, but back during Countdown to Infinite Crisis Kyle really got me hooked on the earlier books and later the other characters and concepts affiliated with Rann/Thanagar War. Then there was that new Challengers From Beyond team featured in a series of one-shots as well as issues of Countdown. Though I didn't like how the series ended, New Guardians also appealed to a lot of fans of the colored Lantern spectrum.

With HJ & the GLC being a bit overcrowded do you think Kyle being featured on another team would be better? And would you want him back in something from before like the JL, something reimagined for the post-Rebirth universe, or something completely new?

Gonna make this a poll, so voice your opinions people!

I'd personally like to see something new in the form of a cosmic team of heroes. Throw Kyle in there with Martian Manhunter, Tigorr, Comet, Orion, Duplicate Girl (if they're gonna use more than Phantom Girl in a different team) and Starfire and there would be so much win.... and later somebody could be switched out for Adam Strange.

~//V\\~
    Put him back in some form of Justice League.
    22.22%
    Shuffle him into the adult Titans roster.
    11.11%
    Rework the Challengers from Beyond concept.
    11.11%
    Try another rainbow brigade New Guardians.
    11.11%
    Create a new cosmic team in the DCU.
    33.33%
    Other...?
    11.11%

How much I would enjoy Kyle on a team would be dependent upon

1.) How much I liked the other team members (put Lobo and/or Vril Dox on the team, and I don't care who else is on it, I'm not interested)

and

2.) How well the team's formation and existence is justified in universe. You need to have a good story with a good justification for the formation of the team (and its continued existence if it is an ongoing thing). No matter how much I like the individual characters, I'm not going to buy into it if there's no good reason for them to team-up on an ongoing basis.

Comment

i vote to Make Kyle Great Again (so i voted other )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'd prefer him to stay a Lantern wherever he ends up.

If he is teamed up with some other people for some cosmic adventures, and it be more of a sci fi book then what we've been getting, I'd be interested.

But yeah, I'll echo the no Lobo on the team.

Comment

Yeah the only LEGION or REBELS character I ever liked was the [former Captain] Comet. And since R/T War and the minis he was in afterwards I'd just love to see more.

~//V\\~

Comment

I wouldn't like it, but if I HAD to, I would create another cosmic team and make him a member of that. But just as a normal Green Lantern. It's hard enough as it is to write team books around heavily powered up heroes without going ridiculously over the top and making them omnipotent.

If Kyle ends up with god level powers again (I'm sure he will a few more times at least), then he should be in his own solo title so he can have adventures tailor made to that status.

Comment

Kyle needs to stay on Earth. Let Hal team up with the League, and let the others explore space for the Guardians. Kyle is the one who should connect with readers. Who drinks coffee at Radu's and doesn't always pay his rent on time.

Comment

I'd agree with that. The most beloved version of Kyle was the everyman. Kind of a trendy hipster, and I think that concept would still work with readers today.

Have Hal on Earth in the League. John and Guy the buddy cop book in space interacting with the GLC, the Guardians, Oa etc.

Comment

A reworked Challengers from Beyond (i.e., "Kyle Rayner: Multiversal Protector"), if not a solo stint on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    I wouldn't like it, but if I HAD to, I would create another cosmic team and make him a member of that.
                    What other cosmic characters would you want to see? Prince Gavyn or the blue alien version of Starman? There a cosmic character who's a bit of a nobody that had an impact on you? You know what I always wondered.... WTF happened to the original lead Darkstar Ferrin Colos?!?

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    A reworked Challengers from Beyond (i.e., "Kyle Rayner: Multiversal Protector"), if not a solo stint on Earth.
                    What other sorts of heroes would YOU want to see? I always figured with a name like that, Batman Beyond would be a no-brain substitute for Red Hood. I'd make it a team of at least five characters though, and consider making Power Girl one of them.

~//V\\~

Comment

Most of the cosmic characters are up for grabs where writers could be free to play with them, shake them up and give them real character arcs. I would try to keep the team at about 5 members. Enough that there are different combinations to interact with each other, but not so many that any get lost in the background. Some I would consider using would be:

Jemm son of Saturn
                      Prince Gavyn
                      Bolphunga the Unrelenting
                      Harbinger
                      Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

I have a thing for Adam Strange and would want to use him, but he gets used a lot being one of the higher profile C listers. I wouldn't put him on the team but would use him in an arc or as a recurring guest.

And I feel like there need to be two females in the group, but there isn't another one jumping out at me that I am crazy about that already hasn't been used to death.

Comment

I REALLY dig Harbinger, and just noticed you responded to that question LOL.

The only females I can think of would be a new iteration of Hawkgirl/woman possibly born on Thanagar, Big Barda, Maxima, or another time-lost LoSH female.

- Ω

Comment

Working...
                        X